Admin Commands *HELP*

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Admin Commands *HELP*

Postby James_Machiavelli » Wed Aug 25, 10 5:06 pm

HeyHey [A]

I've always been flattered by all the cool admin stuff some admins do on their servers, like making NPC's sit and all, and I found this http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=679 from this forum and I'm truly grateful (Thanks Fireball and DoughBoy!!!) !

But I've always wondered if there is a way to change your class/player skin ingame like I've seen some admins do (Not sure if they do it ingame but whatever) earlier. I don't mean the usual UNATCO, NSF, JC, MJ12 skins but regular skins from the game (ex. Businessman1)

If so, what's the commands?
-James, a huge DX fan since 2001
Last edited by James_Machiavelli on Wed Aug 25, 10 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James_Machiavelli

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Aug 25, 10 5:08 pm

I think this might work out;

First summon whatever class you'd like to be, say, Male2. Then type this:

'admin set human mesh Male2'

And then..

'admin set human multiskins Male2'

I think that'll work out, but if it doesn't.. I'll post something else later..
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James_Machiavelli » Wed Aug 25, 10 5:30 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll certainly check that out, thanks alot DJ!
James_Machiavelli

Postby James_Machiavelli » Wed Aug 25, 10 5:43 pm

I tried it out

First when I put in 'admin set human mesh Male2'(tried pauldenton aswell just in case) every little piece of my character disappeared, right after that I put in 'admin set human multiskins Male2' it remained the same.

So I tried the other way around, putting the 'multiskins' command first and I just lost my face and hands (Glasses were still on, playing as JC) and then the 'mesh' thing but didn't quite work, but hey, I see progress! I'll try to experiment a little myself and see where it's heading! thanks again!
James_Machiavelli

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Aug 25, 10 5:46 pm

Did you summoned first?
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James_Machiavelli » Wed Aug 25, 10 5:48 pm

Yep, no luck yet :(
James_Machiavelli

Postby James_Machiavelli » Wed Aug 25, 10 6:03 pm

okay, I tried a few things to get it to work, right now I only got the face textures to be replaced

I opened up my UnrealEd and looked at the properties of Businessman1 (Display->multiskins->[0]=Texture'DeusExCharacters.Skins.SkinTex4') and i put in 'admin set human multiskins skintex4' and I got the face on my character, though the body was still JC's robe and all, but at least I'm getting some progress! Thanks a bunch DJ! I'll check back with you later if I get it working or if you have a solution!
James_Machiavelli

Postby James_Machiavelli » Wed Aug 25, 10 10:54 pm

I have another question...

Let's say I start a server, and I'll have my brother join the server and I want to change only my textures instead of both of us, do I replace the 'admin set human..' with his ingame name or what?
James_Machiavelli

Postby Snakey » Wed Aug 25, 10 11:10 pm

James_Machiavelli wrote:I have another question...

Let's say I start a server, and I'll have my brother join the server and I want to change only my textures instead of both of us, do I replace the 'admin set human..' with his ingame name or what?

Nope, if I remember correctly you have to use his playerid, as in the number he is on the server.
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Aug 25, 10 11:12 pm

I don't think we can set 'certain' or 'specific' object on the client to be set or something, not through a console command..
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Snakey » Wed Aug 25, 10 11:15 pm

I guess I don't remember correctly then.
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Dae » Thu Aug 26, 10 12:14 am

James_Machiavelli wrote:Let's say I start a server, and I'll have my brother join the server and I want to change only my textures instead of both of us, do I replace the 'admin set human..' with his ingame name or what?

You can't do that with the default console commands, but you can make a simple mutator with the new commands which would work that way.
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Thu Aug 26, 10 9:42 am

or.. err, MMCommands or something like that, the thing Nobody made, it has this set function which set's stuff which are on your crosshair.. yeah? as in the stuff you're pointing at?
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Dae » Thu Aug 26, 10 10:05 am

~DJ~ wrote:or.. err, MMCommands or something like that, the thing Nobody made, it has this set function which set's stuff which are on your crosshair.. yeah? as in the stuff you're pointing at?

so this has been made :oops:
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Thu Aug 26, 10 10:19 am

Dae wrote:
~DJ~ wrote:or.. err, MMCommands or something like that, the thing Nobody made, it has this set function which set's stuff which are on your crosshair.. yeah? as in the stuff you're pointing at?

so this has been made :oops:

Aaaayup. MMCommand's 'SingleSet'

James_Machiavelli, download and install this mod at your server.

But.. aiming yourself.. is hard. You'll have to tell 'your brother' to do it for you.. :o

So, alternatively, you can use MMSkins.
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Thu Aug 26, 10 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James_Machiavelli » Thu Aug 26, 10 11:29 am

Thanks alot you guys! :shock: I'll definitely download it and try it out, might even use the MMskins mod. :D I owe ya big time!
James_Machiavelli

Postby James_Machiavelli » Thu Aug 26, 10 1:54 pm

MMCommand works like a treat! Great mod :D I seem to have a little issue though concerning MMSkins, It's said in the readme that it needs a special installation if you're using DXMTL, which I am, but that's it. I can't see anything about a special installation in the readme file..

where do I go from here? :)
James_Machiavelli

Postby Dae » Thu Aug 26, 10 5:13 pm

James_Machiavelli wrote:I seem to have a little issue though concerning MMSkins

http://www.dxalpha.com/projects/mm/skins
Dae
Alpha

Return to Multiplayer