Moderator: Forum Guards

Servers up or down?

Postby James » Thu Aug 26, 10 6:47 pm

Tell me
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Thu Aug 26, 10 6:49 pm

Masterserver failed, under maintenance like before.. can't view any servers but they're on, can only connect from the IPs.

ON A SIDE NOTE: YOU STILL PLAY OR WAT?
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Thu Aug 26, 10 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Thu Aug 26, 10 6:53 pm

Of course I do I'm living the dream!!!!
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Thu Aug 26, 10 6:54 pm

wat dream
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby UT » Thu Aug 26, 10 7:22 pm

me, ofc.
Tim Sweeeeeeney<3
James wrote:Of course I do I'm living the dream!!!!

DJ wrote:wat dream

Chloe wrote:me, ofc
UT
Elite

Location: Action de déterminer avec précision le lieu de quelque chose.

Postby James » Thu Aug 26, 10 7:26 pm

i get paid for telling chloe to stop being weirdly obsessed and for playing deus ex

pr0
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~Blade~ » Thu Aug 26, 10 10:34 pm

Yeah It went this morning :( , but how did you know if you don't even play dxmp :o

Server IPs
You can still see the IPs via xfire.

But I pretty sure no one cares cuz no one was in the servers while they were up anyway :oops:
Last edited by ~Blade~ on Thu Aug 26, 10 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THC
Well go grab a baseball bat and do something about it.
~Blade~
Wannabe

Postby ~DJ~ » Thu Aug 26, 10 10:42 pm

wrong, altfire had 1 player, alone, waiting.. and left after a bit while. ZXC server clan 2.. yea..
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Thu Aug 26, 10 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Thu Aug 26, 10 11:01 pm

~Blade~ wrote:Yeah It went this morning :( , but how did you know if you don't even play dxmp :o

Server IPs
You can still see the IPs via xfire.

But I pretty sure no one cares cuz no was in the servers while they were up anyway :oops:

i play dxmp???
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby UT » Thu Aug 26, 10 11:04 pm

Why don't we all go on DXMP at the same time. To revive old good times. ;<
Last edited by UT on Thu Aug 26, 10 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Sweeeeeeney<3

UT
Elite

Postby ynnaD » Thu Aug 26, 10 11:28 pm

I FUCKING LOVE DEUS EX
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Dex » Fri Aug 27, 10 12:35 am

deus ex fucking sucks
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby ynnaD » Fri Aug 27, 10 1:08 am

your mum uses filters
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Snakey » Fri Aug 27, 10 2:04 am

~DJ~ wrote:wrong, altfire had 1 player, alone, waiting.. and left after a bit while. ZXC server clan 2.. yea..

Bit of an exaggeration surely? I started playing the game again a few days ago and haven't seen under 15 players in the servers yet.
Last edited by Snakey on Fri Aug 27, 10 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Fri Aug 27, 10 11:05 am

YEA I WAS TALKING ABOUT WHEN SERVERS AINT VISABLE. Otherwise it can be 10 on altfire, and on other servers like 6,5 or more.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Snakey » Fri Aug 27, 10 11:14 am

~DJ~ wrote:YEA I WAS TALKING ABOUT WHEN SERVERS AINT VISABLE. Otherwise it can be 10 on altfire, and on other servers like 6,5 or more.

Oh right I gotcha, yeah that sounds about right to me. Are the servers back up yet?
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Fri Aug 27, 10 12:07 pm

Nope.. :cry:
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Tejas » Sat Aug 28, 10 6:44 am

~DJ~ wrote:wrong, altfire had 1 player, alone, waiting.. and left after a bit while. ZXC server clan 2.. yea..
Yea.... i wonder who that guy was................... who broke my dx master server ??? :(
Tejas
Poster

Postby synthetic » Sun Aug 29, 10 11:55 am

Tim Sweeney wrote:Why don't we all go on DXMP at the same time. To revive old good times. ;<

Tell ZXC SDH or SKC to play at the same time, they dont cheat.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby ~DJ~ » Sun Aug 29, 10 5:59 pm

u forgot dxst
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Sun Aug 29, 10 6:08 pm

Just throwing the fun fact for no related reasons that clans are very overrated and no top player of a high paying videogame is in a clan.

Clans are gay, don't be in one.
Last edited by James on Sun Aug 29, 10 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Aug 29, 10 7:11 pm

I wish you would not make such ignorant statements, James. You are smarter than that. While you MAY be, to some extent and depending on circumstances, correct what concerns certain top player(s), you are missing the point of clans entirely. It is not even funny.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Aug 29, 10 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Sun Aug 29, 10 7:36 pm

I play with friends without gay tags. I'm not 15 anymore. I've said this for 3 years now and been insulting since, this isn't a new phase.

Groups and teams (note, not clans) exist in competitive paying level. You can label the group with sponsors in games like CS, WoW and TF2 but the fun fact is that the players that count not his team. Tournaments for groups hardly pay out for these games too. 95% of top level players play without a tag (especially PVE WoW, especially when the head raiding party is being raped by newcomers). Infact it's a common trend lately that people sign up for leagues with a group name but don't use the tags attached to their name as the interface already has the team labelled. Because of this multi clan members exists for those who want to compete more in bigger communities.

The only note worthy clan members in gaming now host circle jerk public servers and get ruined by pubs.

Not to mention the only serious gaming 'career' pays it's best player at a football wage of 300k USD a year and he only competes in 1v1 and is only affiliated with his group in a yearly tournament where they all play 1v1 to eliminate the other team, but the free leagues and tournaments has him against his team mates too and that pays off more.

What I'm trying to say is if you're looking for serious competitive play from entry, low, mid, to high level divisions in any videogame you scrim with anyone you can and not restrict yourself to some shitty group. Worry about improving which will not be possible with dedicating yourself to a shit clan. Clans are also not even a place to start, just scrim like mad there's tons of stuff these days available for public scrims and learn the games.

I play with high/low-mid and low-high TF2 players constantly who share, I sometimes play CSS with a CSS player from London who's managed to win £4000 worth in money/hardware through LAN games. I belong a small private community to high level SF3, SF4 BW and SC2 players. They also share the same opinion of a past trend of clans being shitty as fuck.

I'm not ignorant, I'm aware of the myth.

You can find me on some shitty Bosnian CS 1.6 server as [Pr0] .DiXiElOt. [GIRL GAMER]
Last edited by James on Sun Aug 29, 10 7:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Sun Aug 29, 10 7:49 pm

I always viewed clans as a small group or fraternity of friends in a small gaming community - note small, because I'm not referring to those games nowadays where setting a clan tag is part of the game.

The best clans are those that don't necessarily focus on individual player skills, but rather, the simple act of a couple of friends playing a game together as a team. These don't really exist anymore, but were prominent in the PC community during the olden days of '01-07.

The stuff that exists nowadays, like in MW2 and shit, don't really count as clans. They're just loosely-affiliated generic gamer groups, with a couple of them being elitist gamer cliques.
Last edited by clyzm on Sun Aug 29, 10 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Sun Aug 29, 10 7:51 pm

Oh yes, a good majority are groups of friends. It's a group of friends but I honestly do not see the point because I'm not 15 and I do not need tags and drama to tell friend from friend. My online gaming friend groups are aware we do not need tags to play as a team and be friends.

I have no problem with groups of players like Hampshire Heavies, majority of them they're not even a clan they're just a group of people who are allowed to use the H.H tag because they like their vast collection of servers. I have a problem with the competitive pr0 gameh wannabes who SWEAR BY THE TAG WEAR THE TAG LETS GET NAME KNOWN don't quite get how this is affecting them in a bad way. don break da pact bro Plus no one gives a shit about their self absorbed "cool ass" tag.
Last edited by James on Sun Aug 29, 10 7:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Aug 29, 10 10:39 pm

Please go ahead and say that you did not pick any of those friends up from a gay clan. Paying gaming and clans dont mix solely because it feels stupid and unprofessional to call your team a clan - since clan actually is nothing more than a team, no special rules apply to clan that wont apply to a proper team. So it is basically a matter of wording. Clan or team, it is all the same.

Now, without a doubt the goals of some of these teams are different, but getting paid for gaming is basically for a very very small fraction of gaming base and actually something that a lot of people even today dont know about. Has anyone in this topic brought up or discussed paid teams before you? No. And with that said we are concentrating on what we generally understand as clans, or teams, if you wish.
You say clans are gay and for 15 yearolds. I say clans are about the only damn thing that make shooters worthwhile when youve played it longer than a month/year. I play specific games if they have content that I enjoy. I do not hop from one hyped title band wagon to the next one that arrives as new title is leaked, containing nothing more than what was already introduced decade ago.
Clans bring together different personalities you can learn from, or befriend. Latter is more useful as one might imagine should there be plans for travelling abroad (this is mainly meant for those that might not understand the point im making here, and not necessarily aimed at you). And clans are perfectly fine from whatever age your clanbase can stomach up to players with one foot in coffin.

To be frank I am not fully certain if I managed to word it right and Im sure that due to intoxication and sleep deprivation I likely missed a whole bunch of good points clans have, but above all I am simply depressed that I have to explain this to you. Be open minded and see the good points in something even if some people might want to tattoo their clan tag on their ass or whatnot. Otherwise youre no different from reclaimer.

Oh and clans in mmos.. I wont even touch that topic. Everything that applies to mmorpg clan applies to shooter clan even if it is not precisely the same. Help, knowledge, skill, fun - all this is gained incredibly faster with a team. A base of RL friends sharing gaming interest every title they come across is rare and makes me somewhat cautious.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Aug 29, 10 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Sun Aug 29, 10 10:54 pm

I've already touched on how social aspects and improving at the game by joining a clan is almost completely unnecessary and brought up an MMO because I know how the top PVE clan and PVP teams works.
Last edited by James on Sun Aug 29, 10 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Aug 29, 10 11:38 pm

So you instantly qualify for the top teams as you install the game, or are accepted happily by them? These teams you speak of must be huge if they are so far beyond your average clan, catering for all tastes, accepting players that number millions freely. These are two worlds you compare yet I fail to understand how you can not manage to see that difference yourself. If you call yourself professional gamer then so be it, I do not aspire to be one and never had. As such you are free to ridicule clans. If you are anything less, you are but a simple fool, perhaps one that has to deal with a touchy subject. Ive played games with RL friends, friends from past clans, Ive played games online alone over long periods of time. To that and to professional gaming I prefer clans by far, even if I see the obvious benefits in all forms of enjoying this type of entertainment online. Yet I am defending casual teamed gaming here setting my personal preferences aside.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Aug 29, 10 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby UT » Sun Aug 29, 10 11:58 pm

Ken wrote:
Tim Sweeney wrote:Why don't we all go on DXMP at the same time. To revive old good times. ;<

Tell ZXC SDH or SKC to play at the same time, they dont cheat.

Why are you talking about cheats?
Tim Sweeeeeeney<3

UT
Elite

Postby synthetic » Mon Aug 30, 10 12:11 am

You know why.

And James, a word on mmorpg clans.

I play with one, have done so past 4 and a half years. It is definitely a clan with 9 years old traditions, history of leaders and landmark events. We can achieve anything as far as PVE goes, or PVP should we choose to as our clan is not nearly fascinated by it. We have however coordinated creation of similar range pvp twink toons with the best gear available in the past. Professional top team? I have had more fun with these people; a wife and husband from states playing with their daughters, easy going Norwegian circle of relatives playing while dealing with usual school issues, a man and a woman once married and then went through particularly nasty child custody fight, still playing.. 2 years under the leadership of a professional decorated danish rower and biologist that recently celebrated the birth his firstborn.. I would never ever trade these people for couple 4chan autists or super-serious pro gamers on prescribed minerals mix. Sorry.
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Aug 30, 10 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Next

Return to Multiplayer