Servers up or down?

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Dae » Mon Aug 30, 10 12:28 am

Ken wrote:I play with one, have done so past 4 and a half years. It is definitely a clan with 9 years old traditions, history of leaders and landmark events. We can achieve anything as far as PVE goes, or PVP should we choose to as our clan is not nearly fascinated by it. We have however coordinated creation of similar range pvp twink toons with the best gear available in the past. Professional top team? I have had more fun with these people; a wife and husband from states playing with their daughters, easy going Norwegian circle of relatives playing while dealing with usual school issues, a man and a woman once married and then went through particularly nasty child custody fight, still playing.. 2 years under the leadership of a professional decorated danish rower and biologist that recently celebrated the birth his firstborn.. I would never ever trade these people for couple 4chan autists or super-serious pro gamers on prescribed minerals mix. Sorry.

well said, but I guess your example is rare one
Dae
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Mon Aug 30, 10 3:05 am

isn't an mmo clan a guild?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Aug 30, 10 6:23 am

Name differs from game to game. Guild, organization, corporation. The word clan itself would fit into only a very few mmos due it its look or association. As mentioned earlier it is pretty much the same.

The average age in our clans there seems to be around 30-40. Players under the age of 25 are as rare as players aged above 50 or maybe even 60 there. Each and every player has their own goals and accomplishments making them generally interesting to chat with. Should I be in another clan I am sure to end up with an equally interesting bunch, not to mention that there are couple more clans with a history as long as ours.

And please be assured that I could bring out similar values in being in a shooter clan, although it can indeed be difficult to find one that would actually be worth something. I continue to laugh heartily at the types of [F] or [BIA].
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Aug 30, 10 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Mon Aug 30, 10 7:28 am

Sorry but that's a group of friends, I've been in plenty of MMO guilds especially some nice one around this time 2 years ago, they were very nice to me and all relatives to eachother and they played a decent progression for me to catch up. They didn't consider themselves anything more than a group of friends enjoying the game rather than a serious clan, like yours, so I don't know if you're trying to argue or agree with me here.

:lol:

Clans are a useless thing of the past for the majority of communities so deal with it, I'd make as many friends as possible and get myself into games as much as possible through swinging and learning more from people and actively swing with more people again and again while still finding friends to play with. If you're unable to make friends and scrim/complete content without a tag in your name then what a shame.

Also cool flame dude, I'll remember that when you can't keep a simple discussion rolling. But to be fair I'd rather vaguely reply again. You should not make ignorant statements with personal experience only friend!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by James on Mon Aug 30, 10 8:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~Blade~ » Mon Aug 30, 10 1:41 pm

~ô¿ô~Nobody~ wrote:It's pointless to argue with James, his post count tells you why.
:lol:
Last edited by ~Blade~ on Mon Aug 30, 10 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THC
Well go grab a baseball bat and do something about it.
~Blade~
Wannabe

Postby James » Mon Aug 30, 10 1:46 pm

Nobody also tried to make a (joke) equation of people's personalities and actually found it funny. Enjoy having a clan tag and a shit forum, did I mention you suck at DXMP?
Last edited by James on Mon Aug 30, 10 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~Blade~ » Mon Aug 30, 10 2:27 pm

dude, nobody > all. :oops:
THC
~Blade~
Wannabe

Postby James » Mon Aug 30, 10 2:27 pm

IT'S GREAT YOU BELIEVE IN EQUALITY KID
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Aug 30, 10 4:27 pm

James wrote:Sorry but that's a group of friends

It did not start out as a group of friends. People were recruited.
Now indeed it is a group of friends, in fact every clan Ive been in long enough for it to count has been a group of friends. That is what it is all about. If it is pure "skill" keeping the group together then they either make something useful out of it fast, or disband (an inevitable end for them much sooner than for other clans).

James wrote:They didn't consider themselves anything more than a group of friends enjoying the game rather than a serious clan, like yours, so I don't know if you're trying to argue or agree with me here.

Neither renegades nor my mmo clan ever put game before real life. That is one of the rules we have in MMO. What ever the event or idea, RL comes first. Yet even with this said the players take pride in their ability to take their characters (reflexes and accuracy for shooters) further, obtain more knowledge, be it raid specific or overall. They learn tricks and share them, with the result of people seeing 20 man raid go down fighting an enemy I and my friend can do with just 2 characters. We are proud of the long history, or the fact that due to a certain requirement the clan has always stood out. We work as a team towards achieving what can be achieved, while it could easily be skipped at times. The clan has hierarchy in the shape of leader and advisory board. Those playing EVE should be familiar how serious that can be at times. This is what I define as a serious clan and much or just about all of it comes NATURAL and without pushing, and as such we all relax and have fun with friends in a serious clan.

James wrote:Clans are a useless thing of the past for the majority of communities so deal with it

I am not the least bothered. Clans are the very definition of fun in every game I play, and in the unlikely event that id ever desire to move to a community where that should not be so.. Ill adapt if the game is worth anything at all.

James wrote:I'd make as many friends as possible and get myself into games as much as possible through swinging and learning more from people and actively swing with more people again and again while still finding friends to play with. If you're unable to make friends and scrim/complete content without a tag in your name then what a shame.

It is unavoidable if you play enough.

James wrote:You should not make ignorant statements with personal experience only friend!!!!!!!!!!

Mother of irony rolls over in her grave. I did not make a statement based on my personal experience alone. I brought an example using my personal experience to emphasize the previous statement that was based on more than just that: observation, the experience of friends and sheer work on understanding why such a body even exists online. Clan is universal, it wont disappear just because you want it to, no matter how hard you try. I will greet you from a clan 10 years from now should I for some reason still be playing online.
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Aug 30, 10 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Mon Aug 30, 10 4:28 pm

No I only made a big post to piss you off because you called me ignorant, I was waiting for you to bait.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Aug 30, 10 4:35 pm

You see, James, I am not even little bit upset. Disappointed, maybe, but not upset. If by bait you mean that all that you said is bullshit, then sure you had me, but I enjoyed writing that.
However, something tells me that you called bait just to get me off your back, because I can continue this debate endlessly, bringing out more details and perfecting the model of clan until it becomes clear enough to be useful even for me. Give me an abstract concept and I will reconstruct it casting excess aside.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Mon Aug 30, 10 4:37 pm

Oh no I identified it for everyone hours ago (logs can back me up, also that thread in spam with North Korea), why else would I make a giant post to 2 lines?, you were quite ignorant to it. Basically was a little revenge for you being calling me ignorant out of nowhere to my vague post.

Of course I have no problems with clans serious or not, but I'm well aware with the better of us with the thought that they're pointless but I'm not going to jump around and shout from the rooftops. I decided to escalate your post and mention the exact same things as you yet you'd keep throw it in my face. Successful.
Last edited by James on Mon Aug 30, 10 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Aug 30, 10 4:48 pm

You have no problems with clans, serious or not, yet you went the length of absolutely ridiculing them, denying that they could be useful in any way and had to throw some bullshit about professional gaming in there somewhere? You are beating around the push and stomping your feet with your fixed idea. Youve shown complete ignorance when it comes to actual difference (and very big difference) between competitive gaming and professional gaming. Youve shown complete ignorance when it comes to people that do not necessarily wish to play chat client as the main game with all other titles merely stemming from it. Forgive me but your mere ignorance is the sole thing youve managed to succeed at in this thread.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Mon Aug 30, 10 5:03 pm

Sorry for upsetting material nonsense for the sake of pushing cake in face.
Last edited by James on Mon Aug 30, 10 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Aug 30, 10 5:29 pm

In a nutshell what was the problem here? You tried to push your opinion on others. Your statement clans are gay followed by that progamer thing essentially translated into two sentences for me: "1) clans are not for me. 2) i dont understand clans." If clans are not for you then I absolutely understand that this is your preferred way of playing online. You have your reasons and likely get the most enjoyment out of it. I have absolutely no problem with this.
What I worked towards with my long posts was not to press my opinion on you saying: James you dont know what is good for you, cut the crap. Clans are teh best. No. I was explaining why so many find clans a lot of fun even if they like to compete for different goals or whatnot. I will not comment on the statement that clans are a dying breed because it was only recently that scientists went on to study such structures in mmos, and because I think they are universal. If clan as a body disappears from the game it means another source has recreated the circumstances under which it is born. One would go on and on about this but it isnt really important. What is important is that clans remain strong and highly enjoyable in many games even if those unfamiliar with them or generally bitter may shun them.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Mon Aug 30, 10 5:32 pm

Are you still ignoring that I have no problems with clans and you're still turning a blind eye to my successful motives?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Aug 30, 10 5:46 pm

So you pretended to be an ignorant fool throughout many posts for the sake of having me define gaming clan for you? Your bait itself can not spark an emotion in me for we with the ability to think swim in the mass of ignorance. Taking advantage of what intelligence I saw in you in order to produce a dialog of nearly 20 posts definitely did work. I suppose it would be uncalled for if I said that debates are what has allowed me shape much of my English, or forced me to actually think in a language other than my mother tongue. Given some of our other friendly debates in the past I am sure that you are well aware of how I have absolutely no sense of humor for such kind of thing. Ive gained some, you gained some, but something is lost.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Mon Aug 30, 10 5:53 pm

Now you're just reading far too into it.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Hanover Fist » Mon Aug 30, 10 8:32 pm

Fags
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby James » Mon Aug 30, 10 8:39 pm

>worst player in ADTM tries to insult people
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Mon Aug 30, 10 9:37 pm

I like our community and how it's so friendly with each other man

I thought for a while you guys absolutely hated each other but you're still friends right :oops:
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Mon Aug 30, 10 9:40 pm

I've not a problem with anyone in the community but YOU BUB
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Aug 30, 10 9:58 pm

ON TOPIC NOW:

http://status.poweredbygamespy.com/post ... starts-now

Been five days, I was correct, yeepies

Let's just keep checking their twitter..

http://twitter.com/gamespystatus
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Mon Aug 30, 10 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby UT » Tue Aug 31, 10 2:43 am

Ken wrote:You know why.

Seriously, I don't.
Tim Sweeeeeeney<3
James wrote:Of course I do I'm living the dream!!!!

DJ wrote:wat dream

Chloe wrote:me, ofc
UT
Elite

Location: Action de déterminer avec précision le lieu de quelque chose.

Postby ~DJ~ » Tue Aug 31, 10 3:15 am

It's back, yeepies!
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Aug 31, 10 7:23 am

James wrote:>worst player in ADTM tries to insult people

ATDM*
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby James » Tue Aug 31, 10 7:28 am

>CANT SPELL ADTM RIGHT
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Darma » Tue Aug 31, 10 11:08 am

bacl now
Darma
Badass

Location: est l'action qui consiste à louer tout bien à une personne (Bail)

Postby ~Blade~ » Tue Aug 31, 10 11:49 am

wtf is ADTM
THC
~Blade~
Wannabe

Postby James » Tue Aug 31, 10 6:19 pm

It's "for no wops".
I am dead.
James
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer