Good players.

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Good players.

Postby Psycho » Tue Jun 21, 11 9:14 pm

I have just started playing DX again like 30 mins ago, and while I admit that I was getting slaughtered, I realised that the players where quiet poor compared to the DX of old. Do good players still play the game occasionally?
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Jun 21, 11 9:54 pm

The competition is pretty dry out there lately.ScarFace, Spaz, and Grim are still repping good euro play. As for Americans, just Ricci and Flaw.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby ~Blade~ » Tue Jun 21, 11 10:33 pm

yep. if you want to see the good players go to an ATDM server, not 0aug.

grim and spaz dont really play, but there are better players who are around.
THC
Well go grab a baseball bat and do something about it.
~Blade~
Wannabe

Postby Psycho » Tue Jun 21, 11 11:20 pm

Who are the £ clan?
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby ~Blade~ » Wed Jun 22, 11 6:33 am

just some kids, no wonder you think the skill level is so low :wink:

You might as well go to the zXc party server, then say where are all the good players???
Last edited by ~Blade~ on Wed Jun 22, 11 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
THC
~Blade~
Wannabe

Postby Marder » Thu Jun 23, 11 1:09 pm

Well funny you should say that, I see Echelon plays on ZXC.

Saying there's only 5 good players in DXMP and insulting the rest while calling yourself "pros" doesn't make you look very good, or even like a real clan leader.

It's not helping either, when people are trying to educate these people.

Why don't you teach these noobs instead of constantly insulting them.

Just a thought.
Marder
Poster

Postby Psycho » Thu Jun 23, 11 3:13 pm

Marder wrote:Well funny you should say that, I see Echelon plays on ZXC.

Saying there's only 5 good players in DXMP and insulting the rest while calling yourself "pros" doesn't make you look very good, or even like a real clan leader.

It's not helping either, when people are trying to educate these people.

Why don't you teach these noobs instead of constantly insulting them.

Just a thought.

If that was directed at me, then I wasn't insulting them. I was just saying that the quality of players now, weren't as good as before. There are some decent players, who call everyone who can shoot a sniper hackers etc, and they could be good players if they knew how to use a medkit etc.

One good thing I have realised in DX recently is that there are quiet a bit playing compared to 08 :)

And you said:

Why don't you teach these noobs instead of constantly insulting them

and again if that was aimed at me, where did I call the noobs, and insult them?
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby ~Blade~ » Thu Jun 23, 11 4:39 pm

i think its aimed at me but dont mind this guy, nearly all the posts of him i read have no basis, so much so i dont read his nonsense anymore :roll:

oh yeh dont mind the "hack" sayers they're just mocking this one guy who used to say that after everything, its a common joke now. no one thinks they are really
Last edited by ~Blade~ on Thu Jun 23, 11 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THC
~Blade~
Wannabe

Postby China » Fri Jun 24, 11 12:07 am

Yeah the hack thing is a joke, although it's getting annoying now.
www.chinnysdeusexblog.wordpress.com
China
Wannabe

Postby Psycho » Fri Jun 24, 11 10:48 am

China wrote:Yeah the hack thing is a joke, although it's getting annoying now.

Oh. I have seen some foreign players thinking that people play in God mode and stuff, and I don't think that they were joking :P
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Marder » Mon Jun 27, 11 4:55 am

Blade, this thread is about GOOD players, not who is BAD. Grow up.

Nonsense? Like THC members visiting ZXC server, taunting them, then boasting in THC shoutbox about it? Ya, really cool, picking on children like that. That's nonsense. Especially with current attention on DX. Especially coming from your clan.

I would have classed yourself as a good player, but you are very rapidly losing sight of what made you a succesful clan leader. Insult me all you want, but this is good friendly advice, whether you trust it or not, is up to you.

This thread is about good players. Your clan does enough whining about ZXC's behaviour, but you pro-actively taunt them on their own server and then massage your egos on your forums, boasting about having taunted them. It's actually far more childish than ZXC, since you are adults. Just sad really, I've never seen ZXC do that on your server.

You're just as much part of the problem as they are. Prove me wrong and behave like a clan leader or expect me laughing at your clan's claim to be pro, when "pro" means hitting on kids. You're not exactly encouraging peace.

Maybe you need reminding again, this thread is about "good" players. All I did was suggest to you to educate them, since you have skill, not insult them. Take it as a compliment and do us a favour, talk about good players.
Last edited by Marder on Mon Jun 27, 11 6:57 am, edited 14 times in total.
Marder
Poster

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Jun 27, 11 7:43 am

As much as I would like to stay away from this particular debate, I think it's absurd to call 'zXc' children.

It's the internets and I've seen many mature people on that clan to be honest, on their forums or so.

However, that is all.

*quits topic*
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Marder » Mon Jun 27, 11 9:32 am

Sorry my bad, again Shadowrunner is the real internet criminal, for exaggerating. Sorry Blade, I apologize it makes such a difference whether they are 15 or 16 year olds. I stand corrected. Sorry DJ, my bad. What is absurd is that you took a side in a debate that he can't possibly justify. Whether they are 12 or 19, the point remains the same. It's absurd you are splitting hairs. This topic was about good players.
Last edited by Marder on Mon Jun 27, 11 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marder
Poster

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Jun 27, 11 9:43 am

~DJ~ wrote:However, that is all.

i meant as in that i'm not saying who's wrong or whos correct. the thcs are children too then?

just nevermind my post, i hate how this all gets linked together..

Blade's a jerk and still hasn't unbanned me on the THC forums nor does state why he has banned me. ass
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Mon Jun 27, 11 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Psycho » Mon Jun 27, 11 11:06 am

I have now realised that I wasn't shocked by the lack of quality players, as there are plenty of them, however what I am shocked about is the gulf in class between the good players and the average players. It seems as if there is a large group of very good players, and the rest are quiet poor in comparison. There are players who have quality, however they choose to use flamethrowers and crossbows, over assault rifles and sniper rifles...

In my opinion these players need somewhere they can go to for advice and help, as some of them show glimpses of promise, and if they were taught not to use flamethrowers, and use assault rifles, they could be very good players.
Last edited by Psycho on Mon Jun 27, 11 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby UT » Mon Jun 27, 11 11:52 am

No more [REN]Chaos? ^^
Tim Sweeeeeeney<3
James wrote:Of course I do I'm living the dream!!!!

DJ wrote:wat dream

Chloe wrote:me, ofc
UT
Elite

Location: Action de déterminer avec précision le lieu de quelque chose.

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Jun 27, 11 12:23 pm

~þsÿçhø~ wrote:I have now realised that I wasn't shocked by the lack of quality players, as there are plenty of them, however what I am shocked about is the gulf in class between the good players and the average players. It seems as if there is a large group of very good players, and the rest are quiet poor in comparison. There are players who have quality, however they choose to use flamethrowers and crossbows, over assault rifles and sniper rifles...

In my opinion these players need somewhere they can go to for advice and help, as some of them show glimpses of promise, and if they were taught not to use flamethrowers, and use assault rifles, they could be very good players.

That somehow doesn't make sense.
On the one hand, you noticed the gulf between good and poor players and on the other hand you suggest to increase that gulf by the good players using weapons like assault and sniper.
That's contra-productive.
Perhaps that good players use that weapons on purpose in order to give the poor players a chance? :idea:
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Mon Jun 27, 11 12:34 pm

~ô¿ô~Nobody~ wrote:
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:I have now realised that I wasn't shocked by the lack of quality players, as there are plenty of them, however what I am shocked about is the gulf in class between the good players and the average players. It seems as if there is a large group of very good players, and the rest are quiet poor in comparison. There are players who have quality, however they choose to use flamethrowers and crossbows, over assault rifles and sniper rifles...

That somehow doesn't make sense.
On the one hand, you noticed the gulf between good and poor players and on the other hand you suggest to increase that gulf by the good players using weapons like assault and sniper.
That's contra-productive.
Perhaps that good players use that weapons on purpose in order to give the poor players a chance? :idea:

You misunderstood me :D What I am saying is that the poor players use flamethrowers and crossbows all the time, instead of using assault rifles and sniper rifles. What I was trying to say is, that the "poor players" are actually better than they seem, and with a bit of training they could be very good players. I may of worded it a bit wrong. An example is the player "Obiad", he has decent skill, however he chooses to play with flamethrowers, and I belive with a bit of training he could be a good player.

I wasn't trying to say that the good players are using flamethrowers and crossbows, I was trying to say that the poor players use these two weapons against the good players, instead of rifles.

This all seems a bit cryptic now :?

I have another way of trying to explain what I mean.

There is a large gulf between the good and the poor players. Instead of trying to better their skills, the poor players choose flamethrowers and crossbows in preference to rifles. And in my opinion, if some of the poor players, were to use rifles, they would be much better players, and there wouldn't be such a gulf in quality.
Last edited by Psycho on Mon Jun 27, 11 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Jun 27, 11 1:47 pm

Ah, now I got it. Thanks for the elaboration. :D
Nobody is perfect...

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Hanover Fist » Mon Jun 27, 11 8:20 pm

GULF.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Mastakilla » Mon Jun 27, 11 8:48 pm

Those poor players that pick the flamethrowers etc that you speak of probably pick that weapon for a good reason. It's fun for them to use it. If they had ambitions to become good (which I doubt, there's no reason anymore to be a good player in DX imo) they would look around for tips and training.

They probably don't use it because they think it's the best weapon. Especially if they get destroyed by players with snipers and assault rifles etc.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Jun 28, 11 7:44 am

They are sadists who enjoy burning people in simulation. I fear them most in the end
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Poor » Tue Jun 28, 11 5:01 pm

The assault rifle is the most boring weapon to use. Sure, it kills faster but who cares about winning on such an old game? I hate [gT]Roy. In ATDM he just quickly gets all augs and skills and doesn't give the new players and the less gifted any chance. Apparently he thinks getting an 80 kill streak while taking advantage of the sniper, assault rifle, all augs, and all skills is fun!
Poor
Poster

Postby Professor Layton » Tue Jun 28, 11 10:49 pm

Poor wrote:The assault rifle is the most boring weapon to use. Sure, it kills faster but who cares about winning on such an old game? I hate [gT]Roy. In ATDM he just quickly gets all augs and skills and doesn't give the new players and the less gifted any chance. Apparently he thinks getting an 80 kill streak while taking advantage of the sniper, assault rifle, all augs, and all skills is fun!
Just play BTDM then, no massive rewards there.
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby ~Blade~ » Wed Jun 29, 11 11:24 am

BTDM is my favourite gametype.
THC
~Blade~
Wannabe

Postby Hanover Fist » Wed Jun 29, 11 8:20 pm

Same here
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby James » Wed Jun 29, 11 8:21 pm

Definitely the best.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Jun 29, 11 11:06 pm

~Blade~ wrote:BTDM is my favourite gametype.

Yes, requires more strategy.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Psycho » Wed Jun 29, 11 11:10 pm

Aidan wrote:
~Blade~ wrote:BTDM is my favourite gametype.

Yes, requires more strategy.

I belive that you need more of a strategy with ATDM. My opinion though. The thing I dislike about ATDM and prefer with BTDM is that in ATDM, if a player gets a streak then he can be extremly hard to beat, meanwhile in BTDM everyone are on a level playing field.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Thu Jun 30, 11 6:05 pm

I don't care if I play ATDM, BTDM or CTDM as long as I have a super rocket in my pocket which cleans up anyway. :lol:
Nobody is perfect...

~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Next

Return to Multiplayer