Children's politics and baseless accusations

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby James » Fri Sep 23, 11 11:44 am

Has anyone gone and try to crouchbug in other FPS? Was a terrible habbit for me when I started playing TF2.
Last edited by James on Fri Sep 23, 11 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Fri Sep 23, 11 2:32 pm

I tried it to see if the other games handled it well, a surprising big amount doesn't handle the crouch-midair properly
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Fri Sep 23, 11 2:57 pm

I was thinking, forget skill;

Who do you think are the most well known DXMP players of all time? So this is coverage demograph, if you said their name, famous or infamous, people would recognise it. I think something like;

Nochanc
Dejavu
Nobody
Cosmo
JimBowen

Paparoach?
Marije?
Mainman?

This is based off server hosting (nochanc), forum coverage (paparoach), doing something infamous (dejavu and paparoach), gameplay types (jimbowen, cosmo and nobody).

Who else do you think?
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Fri Sep 23, 11 3:00 pm

People knew Nochanc?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Fri Sep 23, 11 3:01 pm

0o7 :oops:
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Professor Layton » Fri Sep 23, 11 3:16 pm

Paparoach takes the top spot for me lol, coming back years later and randomly starting insults again haha
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby ynnaD » Fri Sep 23, 11 3:21 pm

Smuggler

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby MrBlackDX » Fri Sep 23, 11 3:22 pm

Paparoach multi-clanning on several forums must be pretty memorable. He did what like 8 at once?

There must be some major aspect which existed for what 3-4 years of "Hey lets join the most popular server, the Godz server. Hey let's register on this Godz forum. Hey let's get abused by this sociopath Nochanc"
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Fri Sep 23, 11 3:36 pm

iirc nochanc didnt interact much until he made his own forum
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Fri Sep 23, 11 3:37 pm

I never bothered to register to those forums, I've only had nochanc ban me once from his server for sniping him twice in a row lol
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby ynnaD » Fri Sep 23, 11 3:39 pm

Surprised you even got that with all the rockets and grenades flying around

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Aidan » Fri Sep 23, 11 3:46 pm

Professor Layton wrote:I never bothered to register to those forums, I've only had nochanc ban me once from his server for sniping him twice in a row lol

^ AIMBOTZ OBVIOUSLY

Yeah, I never bothered as well. This is the only dx forum I really go on now.

Stopped going on FGS for a lot of reasons.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby ~DJ~ » Fri Sep 23, 11 4:16 pm

Aidan wrote:for a lot of reasons.

like?
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Fri Sep 23, 11 4:17 pm

YOU POSTING

I mean have you SEEN fgs spam forums!!!
Last edited by James on Fri Sep 23, 11 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Fri Sep 23, 11 5:07 pm

DOGNY, sadly. Everyone playing now knows his dumb servers. (and 3 years ago too, I wonder what's wrong with him)
Last edited by Kaiden on Fri Sep 23, 11 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Fri Sep 23, 11 5:14 pm

DOGNY yes

Forgot about him

There must be some positive dxmp widely known players you would think

I mean Nobody and Cosmo are positive influences
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Fri Sep 23, 11 5:21 pm

fukhed
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Fri Sep 23, 11 5:41 pm

Yeaaaaaaaa big explosions.

Klop is very positive.
Dae
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Fri Sep 23, 11 5:42 pm

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fukhead

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Fri Sep 23, 11 5:54 pm

Raiden's rep is pretty positive at most? Most people knew him as he joined a lot of top clans.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Fri Sep 23, 11 6:05 pm

Oh yeah Raiden, well if he got about in top clans then definitely.

Klop had an influence on the dxalpha and 0-aug scene about 4-5 years ago, but I wouldn't say his stint was heavily remarkable.

I'm saying this because if I had to tier people (on if overall people knew of them), I would probably put myself, Klop, Danny on on medium tier, someone like James on a higher tier, and nochanc on Godz tier (c wat i did thar)
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Fri Sep 23, 11 6:09 pm

Marjie
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Fri Sep 23, 11 6:13 pm

Has been mentioned

She had that "fling" with that clan leader at the time which was big DXMP gossip at the time.

50% proxy.

Massive multi-clanner

Tried to basically seduce half the dxmp crew

Bisexual-lesbian dutch slut.

Probably a 40 year old pie eating pedo from middleborough.

Treebeard
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby synthetic » Sun Sep 25, 11 7:07 pm

Going by what I've heard, and trying my best to set personal experience aside:

Dejavu - no comments necessary. Pretty sure finding his name in the list, any list, flatters him.
Nochanc (not many have played against him, but remember the name for the server, others because they played him when they started. The name sticks, much like memories about his servers)
Marije (multiclanning of epic proportions)
Messiah (for the most its because of the name and folklore. His reputation is undeniable.)
fukHead - hes always been there, saying the same things, making even the worst get suicides look easily forgivable. We love our fukhead.
Alex - cosmo (and mrblack in fact) may have had bigger influence on the community, as far as regular players go (tend to lack the interest in getting properly in touch with the community), but Alex is one coder/modder who has managed to put his name out there. And those of us who know the community a bit, appreciate the direction of his efforts, his sense of right and wrong that another well-known coder knew shit about.
-enter the name of a generic dx veteran here - they've always been there, from the days we started, to the present, and will likely be there after we've left. The names stick to the memory. Excsm, Pingo to list a very, very few. They take breaks, but not long enough to break the illusion that theyve always been there.
Ricci - our well-known Canadian with the attitude, and unlike the most, he is able to put the money where his mouth is. He knows what he is saying, and doing. Has been there forever, with the same name.
Reclaimer - well.. thats a special case. Was 7-8 years ago, and is today. His reputation is by no means tied to one-two forumboards. Hes been everywhere, and in the servers.
Dogny - ..I dont get it.
Sovietgunpoint - reputation limited to a certain period in dxmp, but those who remember.. can not unsee that has been seen. Only one in the list I've seen being utterly retarded outside any dxmp community cell. What IS it with the young russians?
VincentMCDoom - If I didnt know better, Id say its Dogny. Seriously, what is up with that guy?

some people are working hard to generate a reputation for themselves, right now, but I wont list them here.

I hesitate to mention more names, as they might be more biased, or restricted to a certain part of the community. Ranging from James to Hitman to DZ or whonot. Many past triads, DEA members fit under this category, as well as FGS lowgrav community.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Sep 25, 11 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Aidan » Mon Sep 26, 11 12:20 am

Aidan + Smuggler

=GAS GRENADES EVERYWHERE
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Sep 26, 11 9:33 am

r12m wrote:Going by what I've heard, and trying my best to set personal experience aside:

Dejavu - no comments necessary. Pretty sure finding his name in the list, any list, flatters him.
Nochanc (not many have played against him, but remember the name for the server, others because they played him when they started. The name sticks, much like memories about his servers)
Marije (multiclanning of epic proportions)
Messiah (for the most its because of the name and folklore. His reputation is undeniable.)
fukHead - hes always been there, saying the same things, making even the worst get suicides look easily forgivable. We love our fukhead.
Alex - cosmo (and mrblack in fact) may have had bigger influence on the community, as far as regular players go (tend to lack the interest in getting properly in touch with the community), but Alex is one coder/modder who has managed to put his name out there. And those of us who know the community a bit, appreciate the direction of his efforts, his sense of right and wrong that another well-known coder knew shit about.
-enter the name of a generic dx veteran here - they've always been there, from the days we started, to the present, and will likely be there after we've left. The names stick to the memory. Excsm, Pingo to list a very, very few. They take breaks, but not long enough to break the illusion that theyve always been there.
Ricci - our well-known Canadian with the attitude, and unlike the most, he is able to put the money where his mouth is. He knows what he is saying, and doing. Has been there forever, with the same name.
Reclaimer - well.. thats a special case. Was 7-8 years ago, and is today. His reputation is by no means tied to one-two forumboards. Hes been everywhere, and in the servers.
Dogny - ..I dont get it.
Sovietgunpoint - reputation limited to a certain period in dxmp, but those who remember.. can not unsee that has been seen. Only one in the list I've seen being utterly retarded outside any dxmp community cell. What IS it with the young russians?
VincentMCDoom - If I didnt know better, Id say its Dogny. Seriously, what is up with that guy?

some people are working hard to generate a reputation for themselves, right now, but I wont list them here.

I hesitate to mention more names, as they might be more biased, or restricted to a certain part of the community. Ranging from James to Hitman to DZ or whonot. Many past triads, DEA members fit under this category, as well as FGS lowgrav community.

I've been playing with Nochanc back in 2003, where he was pretty normal yet. From what I remember, his paranoid behaviour started approx 2004/2005..

Also.. you forgot to mention one legendary influence:

JimBowen
The creator of the Bowen bots and his later BowenLite mod with all the new weapons.
Apart of this, I could declare him as my teacher, who guided me with my first steps of modding for DX.
Last edited by ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ on Mon Sep 26, 11 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Sep 26, 11 9:45 am

I mentioned Bowen :)
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby synthetic » Mon Sep 26, 11 3:40 pm

Bowen should be in my list as well, indeed. The server provided the much needed change from same-old, and the name was there.
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Sep 26, 11 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Mon Sep 26, 11 3:47 pm

Bowen was extremely well known, popular mod and etc. Generally a super nice guy.

But here's a good question that I may be too uneducated for, what did he do modding wise outside of Bowen's mod? Honest question, he seemed to only keep to his own mod + server.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Mon Sep 26, 11 3:47 pm

Whats the general consensus of the most well known name when it comes to DXMP?

ynnaD
Forum Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer