Children's politics and baseless accusations

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby synthetic » Mon Sep 26, 11 4:01 pm

messiah, dejavu, nochanc for me, background is 7 years of 0a, atdm, bit of anything else that was hosted, with the exception of RPGC.
Strictly subjective question, the answer will be "most well-known name according to alpha forumists".

If I had to pick one, Dejavu, for fucking up dxmp, several times. Spectator mode and all the nifty little ideas are 10 years late, couldve thought about that when nuking the community.

I dont particularly give a shit about any of these names I mentioned, they just appear to be the very first to pop to the mind, permeating dxmp folklore.
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Sep 26, 11 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Sep 26, 11 4:21 pm

Probably Nobody wins most positive influence on community

Deja for negative

I know JBowen was pretty helpful for some Q&A and looking at peoples code, but yeah otherwise it was all about his own mod.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby ynnaD » Mon Sep 26, 11 4:24 pm

MrBlackDX wrote:Probably Nobody wins most positive influence on community

Deja for negative

I know JBowen was pretty helpful for some Q&A and looking at peoples code, but yeah otherwise it was all about his own mod.

this

DXMP was lucky to have Nobody around, great work and all those maps of his, top quality!

I miss the JB mod :(
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Kaiden » Mon Sep 26, 11 4:28 pm

Deja

That.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Sep 26, 11 6:42 pm

Still, wtf is up with Dogny? He is like Izo, a flaw in the system. I cant wrap my mind around the purpose of his existence. Hes been at this shit I think even before I started playing in 2004, and hes still there!

Such consummate retardation is magnificent in its own unique way.
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Sep 26, 11 6:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Mon Sep 26, 11 6:53 pm

You would think he grows up.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Mon Sep 26, 11 7:10 pm

He's an adult, I bet. But as we've found in DXMP even fully grown adults can be super dumb. (HE'S ALSO AUTISTIC)
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Mon Sep 26, 11 7:33 pm

Kaiden wrote:He's an adult, I bet. But as we've found in DXMP even fully grown adults can be super dumb. (HE'S ALSO AUTISTIC)

How do you know so much about Dogny! Hmm... You are Dogny! Busted!

(Slightly off topic, Dogny reminds me of one of my engineering teachers, who's face is beyond retardation, and he once hacked into a pupils facebook in middle of class, and told him if he doesn't behave he will delete his account.)
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Sep 26, 11 8:40 pm

That DJ guy sure beats all of em' am I right guys?
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Sep 26, 11 9:26 pm

When Dogny goes, then DXMP would definitely not be the same. :lol:

ynnaD wrote:
MrBlackDX wrote:Probably Nobody wins most positive influence on community

Deja for negative

this

DXMP was lucky to have Nobody around, great work and all those maps of his, top quality!

I miss the JB mod :(

Yeee, I feel embarrassed. :oops:
Yea, I did pretty much different things over the years. (currently working on Version 3 of the ModProtectionTool)
Unfortunately not all were successful. :(
Last edited by ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ on Mon Sep 26, 11 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Marder » Sun Oct 16, 11 3:06 pm

Alot of people have cheated or sought information on how to cheat. It's just that some are more honest than others about it. I respect the ones that are honest about it.

It's easy to "read" people sometimes, even over msn and sometimes those hungry for information are not too clever or discreet, or realize they are talking to a 43 year old whose job it is to "read" people. So I don't think Poor may be talking total codswallop at all.

If people are cheating, all they are doing is ruining their own opportunity to find more new players.
Marder
Poster

Postby Aidan » Mon Oct 17, 11 12:09 am

~ô¿ô~Nobody~ wrote:Unfortunately not all were successful. :(

-but that's what makes us human :) UNTIL WE'RE ALL AUGMENTED.

I know I appreciate your work the same as the rest of the community, and I thank you for it all.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby synthetic » Tue Oct 18, 11 1:17 am

Marder wrote:Alot of people have cheated or sought information on how to cheat. It's just that some are more honest than others about it. I respect the ones that are honest about it.

It's easy to "read" people sometimes, even over msn and sometimes those hungry for information are not too clever or discreet, or realize they are talking to a 43 year old whose job it is to "read" people. So I don't think Poor may be talking total codswallop at all.

If people are cheating, all they are doing is ruining their own opportunity to find more new players.

I had about 4-5 different more or less used or tested bots by 2005, chatted with quite a few people back then, how to detect or protect against cheaters, very much on social and theoretical level, as I never bothered to script or code, and was too lazy to even try them myself. That said, friends or people I used to know, did use the colorbots and 2 different funbots (one not blocked by anything for .. 5-6 years?), plus some odd crap for ut.

Most I gathered from it, was to be able to determine who had the character for using it in competitive games, to some or other extent. As someone once told me: your best friends are the very first *not* to share such shit with. DXMP is a strange community where.. the few proven cheaters (and not obvious godmode/spectator locking/inf bio) are a rare minority. A bit curious, that. Just about everyone who can shoot a person that moves, is and has been labeled as cheater, aimbotter, aimhacker or something else creative, but just about nobody has been proven to be one. Thats DXMP for you.
There have been tens and tens of cheaters, from self-made scripts to using those made by someone else. How do we know? They got bored, quit, and confessed while later. Nobody proved shit.
Last edited by synthetic on Tue Oct 18, 11 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Previous

Return to Multiplayer