ATDMs umteenth debate

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby clyzm » Tue Feb 21, 12 10:42 pm

It should be encouraged, if you're American, to play on a Euro server, and vice versa. Ping is a measure of how fast network data reaches its destination... a good way to improve reflexes, imo, you basically have to think ahead. Of course I speak of fair comparisons, like, say, 110-140 pinger vs. 70/80.

That's what separates us from the COD players of modern times that are used to low ping gameplay.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Feb 21, 12 10:52 pm

I can agree with that. But Not talking in those increments at all. I'm talking 40-80 pingers vs 160-200

That's what goes down everyday, pretty much.
Last edited by Hanover Fist on Tue Feb 21, 12 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Feb 21, 12 11:58 pm

Consider the matter closed... you can't have good games in american servers because there's trolls playing in them, with euro pings mind you, that run around trying to disrupt your game anyway possible spamming FAIL until you're envetually banned from his intentionally running front of you in battles to stack tks and get you banned.

No. This game reeks to me. Keep it.
Last edited by Hanover Fist on Wed Feb 22, 12 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Dex » Wed Feb 22, 12 12:26 am

you know i've played CS for a while now and public server screenshots are considered a joke if taken seriously
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Professor Layton » Wed Feb 22, 12 1:25 am

monkee wrote:Yeah, ATDM UK is a good server (tickrate is 100, but the server can handle it).
If you're american you're out of luck though. :roll:

Oh, and clyzm talks some sense.
Shame.. despite all this 100 tickrate nonsense that someone took from an other game where it actually improved stuff, deus ex really doesn't have any proper support for it and some weaponshots are just not going to register. When your ping goes to any level but the lowest (<60) it tends to get even worse..

It's not a hardware problem as the severs should technically be able to do just fine, but the whole netcode of deus ex is just a piece of shit to be frank. I wouldn't be surprised if all these people that are playing cross-continent are being fucked up by this 100 tickrate shit.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Wed Feb 22, 12 2:55 am

I played ATDM once. I then realized the person who killed you first then had an advantage. I then stopped playing.

I'd rather play a game where the fight was equal every fight, especially considering the difference between no skillpoint and full skill pistol for example.

But that's just me personally, I was never any good at ATDM so I avoided it.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby bambi » Wed Feb 22, 12 3:07 am

"playing cross-continent are being fucked up by this 100 tickrate shit."

Probably. From what i understand tickrate will not necessarily improve performance for everyone. If u have a slow connection, then u will not be able to handle the amount of data that the server is sending u at 100 tickrate.

And I'm not sure how 100 tickrate will effect high pingers but I don't know of any us or north american players taht enjoy playing in Euro servers.
bambi
Regular

Postby Psycho » Wed Feb 22, 12 8:28 am

RECLAIMER wrote:Consider the matter closed... you can't have good games in american servers because there's trolls playing in them, with euro pings mind you, that run around trying to disrupt your game anyway possible spamming FAIL until you're envetually banned from his intentionally running front of you in battles to stack tks and get you banned.

No. This game reeks to me. Keep it.

That happends in all servers. There's a Pole called Olo who's been doing nothing but this and team killing since I got back.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby monkee » Wed Feb 22, 12 9:08 am

RECLAIMER wrote:The assault rifle, gep gun, auto shotgun, law, lams, shells, dts... I don't dig these weapons anymore. The duels using anything else are way crazier, immersive, fun, etc.

zXc party server and several others offers some new and "cool" weapons such as 500 rounds per minute 2000 dmg sniper rifle, I think you'd like it.

And I also play on wireless, I don't use it as an excuse though.
Last edited by monkee on Wed Feb 22, 12 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
monkee
Poster

Postby Alex » Wed Feb 22, 12 9:21 am

~þsÿçhø~ wrote:Why do you have so many shit on your comps taskbar? :p

Oh and US servers are truly awful in comparison to the quality of Euro servers. Plenty of US players admitt this. As all of you US players keep on complaining about people not playing in US servers, then do something about it, and get a better server.

Or a better server location, like New York or New Jersey. Don't pin me on this, but I think that would help for euro-players as there are direct cables going from Europe to those 2 states.
Alex
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Feb 22, 12 9:52 am

I love NYC or New Jersey state servers in other games. Decent 60-70ms ping.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby bambi » Wed Feb 22, 12 5:01 pm

yea, Alex I agree.

I host in NJ, but I'm might switch to NYC cuz its probably better for u guys in europe
bambi
Regular

Postby James » Wed Feb 22, 12 5:58 pm

I'd love to turn back time to 2001, create myself as a neutral presence and influence the community with a private match server (1v1 duels or 2/3/4/5v2/3/4/5 between teams or PUG) for aug/0-aug people can book for using maps with the philosophy of Silo. (any map works for 1v1 I guess)

Anyone got a time machine?, it seriously bothers me that these matches died in 2003 (some spikes in later years, I know) and even then they weren't even that frequent in the golden years I believe, if I know my history right. Teams avoided eachother for so many reasons and excuses (connection, skill comparisons, servers, etc) and I would've liked to change that.

[spoiler]If you call your teams "clans" in the year 2012 you should shoot yourself.[/spoiler]
Last edited by James on Wed Feb 22, 12 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Wed Feb 22, 12 6:37 pm

James wrote:[spoiler]If you call your teams "clans" in the year 2012 you should shoot yourself.[/spoiler]

But you don't know how many clan wars happen in dx nowdays? I've played in 4 clan wars in a month, and I'm playing one tonight.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby James » Wed Feb 22, 12 6:39 pm

some spikes in later years, I know

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Wed Feb 22, 12 6:42 pm

James wrote:some spikes in later years, I know

If you call your teams "clans" in the year 2012 you should shoot yourself.

why's this then?>
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby James » Wed Feb 22, 12 6:59 pm

Just because I'm not entirely convinced, cant quote properly on mobile:
Anyone got a time machine?, it seriously bothers me that these matches died in 2003 (some spikes in later years, I know)

Point is I am aware It got better, I keep up to date. Don't make assumptions like the 0 Aug comment.

[spoiler]As for the hate on "clan"; not only does clan sound stupid these days it is not a relevant description of game groups anymore. Try using "team" - look more sensible, common and much cooler these days.

No seriously, clan is ye olde language these days in game terms. Natural evolution of gamer vocab.[/spoiler]
Last edited by James on Wed Feb 22, 12 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
Alpha

Postby Marder » Thu Feb 23, 12 10:22 am

clyzm wrote:It should be encouraged, if you're American, to play on a Euro server, and vice versa. Ping is a measure of how fast network data reaches its destination... a good way to improve reflexes, imo, you basically have to think ahead. Of course I speak of fair comparisons, like, say, 110-140 pinger vs. 70/80.

That's what separates us from the COD players of modern times that are used to low ping gameplay.

[Generalisation]
I found that US players are more than happy to play Euro servers during our nighttime. Trying really hard to balance the matches by swapping servers failed and they don't moan or spam either. I have to say, it's the people east of Spaz that are more likely to spam or act like morons lately.[/Generalisation]
Marder
Poster

Previous

Return to Multiplayer