All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 11:21 am

I appreciate the offer but no thank you! :lol:
monkee
Poster

Postby James » Tue Feb 21, 12 11:24 am

DXMP politics are abysmal.

Why do people even care about their K/D score in a public match using the non-competitive gametype (ATDM) in a failed multi-player game?, why do they even bother to try naming and shaming people who are meant to be good to an audience of 10? Who cares?

I wish DXMP would focus on actually having team vs team matches rather than staying anonymous in public games to shit on players like cowards.
:lol:
Last edited by James on Tue Feb 21, 12 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 12:02 pm

The only reason you would say that ATDM is a non-competitive gametype is because you obviously got raped the first time you tried and never dared enter again. :roll:

Look through the history of DX for augged gameplay, only those good at ATDM have been considered greats.
Last edited by monkee on Tue Feb 21, 12 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
monkee
Poster

Postby James » Tue Feb 21, 12 12:26 pm

No, I've said it because it isn't a competitive gametype due to the elements and mechanics that make it a Juggernaut. These types are known for its advantage for streaking in other (more successful, bigger and generally better) multi-player videogames, because of the imbalance of an uber-player they're normally played as deathmatch not in teams.

Because of the balance problems they're widely considered not competitive due to nature and regarded extremely terrible to measure skill. We can hardly call 3 people "greats" in a game of 20, can we? What d'ya expect?, me to praise 3 players in an obscure multi-player?... bickered between eachother in public TDM matches about who is better?

As for your posts, I really do not care what you think regarding a (non-)competitive mode on a (dead on arrival) MP add-on to a (successful) SP videogame. I suggest trying other games that are actually good, have a large pool of players, an active competitive scene and require skill.
Last edited by James on Tue Feb 21, 12 12:44 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 2:17 pm

Why are you even on a DXMP forum if you are suggesting people stop playing it and move on to something "better"?
Post that crap in the others section please.

The whole idea with ATDM is the fun of breaking others' streak, as well as keeping one of your own.
It's the same in other much more popular games (example: in Quake whoever has collected the best items and weapons will be a lot harder to kill), so your argument is void.
Just because you say it isn't competitive doesn't make it so, you're just making up excuses for why you can't even get a single kill outside of zXc servers.

Besides, seeing you have exactly the same chance of getting a streak to begin with as me, saying it's unbalanced is also just silly.
Last edited by monkee on Tue Feb 21, 12 2:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
monkee
Poster

Postby James » Tue Feb 21, 12 2:26 pm

It's a Deus Ex forum with a modding community, the multi-player section is a sub-forum to the Deus Ex 1 forum.

I do not care for politics for a dead game, especially when it involves screenshoting player scores in a public match using a non competive gametype. It is abysmal.

Cool analogy for Quake, too bad that is competitive in a 1v1 format and while you're correct regarding the metagame around camping pickups (I'm not a fan of armour items and health items that go past the standard 100) being very flawed; it is nowhere as stupid as ATDM because despite hoarding the pickups, the player is only as strong as his arsenal (almost every gun is awesome in Quake/UT games) and more importantly the player's skill itself.

Seriously wished people just played full augs/skills. Oh, and actually played eachother. :lol:
Last edited by James on Tue Feb 21, 12 2:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 3:34 pm

Well, you should follow your own advice and play then.
monkee
Poster

Postby James » Tue Feb 21, 12 3:46 pm

I'm enjoying active videogames.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby bambi » Tue Feb 21, 12 4:12 pm

the thing about ATDM is how the fark do u kill someone who has streaked that's good.

I lawed someone to the face, and they didn't die. wtf?

I think the onnly way to end streaks is with lams.
bambi
Regular

Postby Alex » Tue Feb 21, 12 4:15 pm

bambi wrote:the thing about ATDM is how the fark do u kill someone who has streaked that's good.

I lawed someone to the face, and they didn't die. wtf?

I think the onnly way to end streaks is with lams.

Or suicide-attack, thus cloak + LAW + speed and just run upto them and fire it directly at their feet. But that is often "lame" and a bannable offense.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Tue Feb 21, 12 4:36 pm

I used to do suicide attacks all the time in ATDM, my way of having fun, and pissing off the "ELITES" :lol:
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Tue Feb 21, 12 4:41 pm

how dare u end our stupid juggernaut streak!!!!!!!!
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 4:46 pm

Just because you are unable to play as a juggernaut yourself doesn't really make the gametype stupid.

bambi wrote:the thing about ATDM is how the fark do u kill someone who has streaked that's good.

There are plenty of ways to break a streak, I myself think pistols for one are an excellent method.

Of course, if you yourself are not a very good player, it doesn't really matter what you try.
But this is true for games such as CS as well, try playing a top CS pro and see how many kills you get.
Last edited by monkee on Tue Feb 21, 12 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
monkee
Poster

Postby James » Tue Feb 21, 12 4:52 pm

I try not to play gimmick gametypes. [spoiler]except desertstrike[/spoiler]
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 5:27 pm

Then go back to Hello Kitty's Tea Party and stay there.
monkee
Poster

Postby James » Tue Feb 21, 12 5:34 pm

That is an awfully odd name for StarCraft: BroodWar.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Tue Feb 21, 12 6:24 pm

Play ATDM for 3 months then judge it. I used to be abit like you James, anti-augs, but deep down the reason was because it was harder.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby James » Tue Feb 21, 12 6:33 pm

I'm far from anti augs and played ATDM more than 0 Augs because I dislike the latter. Looks like I'm nothing like that.

I'm just good at accepting.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 6:41 pm

More than 0 aug maybe, but still not more than 5 minutes.

Starcraft, rofl.
monkee
Poster

Postby clyzm » Tue Feb 21, 12 6:50 pm

The more powerful the Juggernaut character becomes, the more of a challenge he presents. Essentially the best ATDM players are the underdogs who can adapt to and counteract a Juggernaut, ruin a streak and also keep their own.

Which is a nice trophy to have. But it seems too linear to think this way, in my opinion. Augs might be chess and 0augs might be checkers, but both require their own brand of tactics. ATDM might inherit the tactics and complexities of 0aug and add its own (skill progression, starting augmentations etc.) but I think simply because 0 augs lacks these, players create their own unique tactics that they would not use in ATDM.

I'm not one to talk about competitive philosophy, personally I found it more progressive and evolutionary that the community decides to make modifications to the original game than simply playing it vanilla. But really augs isn't some kind of amazingly difficult version of DXMP, it's still the same game, just makes you think a little bit differently (not more advanced, just differently) than 0 augs.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Tue Feb 21, 12 6:56 pm

You can argue that 0 Augs is a creation of the modding too Derek. Providing another gametype to DXMP and expanding it.

Monkee, what's wrong with StarCraft: BroodWar? There's only SF3: Third Strike that compares to its success and balance.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Tue Feb 21, 12 7:55 pm

Hey guys, does ATDM have a proper augs server these days that isn't set to run at a ridiculous tickrate it can't handle at all?

Last time I played all these servers ran at tickrate 100 which made bullets and sounds randomly disappear.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 8:46 pm

Yeah, ATDM UK is a good server (tickrate is 100, but the server can handle it).
If you're american you're out of luck though. :roll:

Oh, and clyzm talks some sense.
monkee
Poster

Postby Mastakilla » Tue Feb 21, 12 9:23 pm

Discussion about this is always the same, why not just post a link to a previous one
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Feb 21, 12 10:14 pm

Pretty much what I'm saying is we're all pretty aware, even monkee, that ping-range is the asterisk next to the rating of shit-stinky performances in a match. I've seen this from every single good player there is. Every, single, one, I've witnessed it in person not from sshots or demorecs.

I've seen Flaw get fucked around by randoms in a euro server that had 50ms when he had 180. And by the time he had already fed them 3 kills to supply a streak (in Silo) they had already started cloak shelling. My point isn't putting anyone on blast... it's that in the end it's really fucking relative, especially in ATDM, whose got the most mad skills.

Flaw has perhaps the best management of his augs, controls, weapons, and movement in unison I've ever seen. The dude plays DX like it's an art... and I tend to think it is. But unimaginative gamers with dominant pings would distract from this... and downright impede it.
I wasn't saying any of this when Austin's [T]ranscendence server was up. Cuz I had 60 ping and was raping most of the idiot champs who went in there aliased thinking I didn't know who they were. But then again, back then I was hardly an imagintive player... where the most innovation I applied to my style was targetting or occasionally tanking.

I'VE BEEN PLAYING THIS WAY TOO LONG BUT STILL LOVE IT ENOUGH TO WANT TO GET THE WHAT CAN BE GOTTEN FROM IT. IM TIRED OF BACK AND FORTH RIFLING NONSENSE IN NON AUGS AND ONLY ENJOYING A51 IN UK ATDM

ALSO SHIT PING FOR ME IS A CONSTANT YET I CAN STILL HOLD MY OWN:
Last edited by Hanover Fist on Tue Feb 21, 12 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 10:15 pm

Can't be bothered searching through tons of noob topics. :lol:

Noone believes you get 860 ping without putting 50 torrents on either.
And if you do.. well, you either live on the south pole, or you need a new ISP.
Either way, don't blame that shit on everyone else.
Last edited by monkee on Tue Feb 21, 12 10:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
monkee
Poster

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Feb 21, 12 10:25 pm

I don't "blame" wireless ping fluctuations on anyone... this is a simple point I am demonstrating. When euro champs have actually found the balls to come to American server where I still ping shite, I spank you anyway.

That wasn't really my point, ac tually I just kind of fell into the mindless competetive flame. My point is linear game style enduring longer than five years is wasting life and time... and knowing that makes it boring. I want something more and I know DX can offer that.

I have no idea wtf you've done with your life other than the same old shit and going to Japan, but I'd like my time with DX to go out with a bang, a clan war, a marathon, something exciting but not the same everyday DXMP gameplay that after all these years, even when I do great, is ust fucking unsatisfying.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Feb 21, 12 10:28 pm

And no it's not unsatifsying because it's noob slaying. Your retorts, as amusingly predictable as they are, waste more time than anything in this debate.

The assault rifle, gep gun, auto shotgun, law, lams, shells, dts... I don't dig these weapons anymore. The duels using anything else are way crazier, immersive, fun, etc.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby James » Tue Feb 21, 12 10:30 pm

Yeah why don't you guys ever team war often?, DXMP was always hopeless for proper matches.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Tue Feb 21, 12 10:31 pm

Why do you have so many shit on your comps taskbar? :p

Oh and US servers are truly awful in comparison to the quality of Euro servers. Plenty of US players admitt this. As all of you US players keep on complaining about people not playing in US servers, then do something about it, and get a better server.
Last edited by Psycho on Tue Feb 21, 12 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psycho
Forum Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer