Improving Your Skills

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Improving Your Skills

Postby Cabol » Sun Dec 28, 03 6:25 am

What's the best way to improve your skills for single and multiplayer?
Cabol

Postby Dae » Sun Dec 28, 03 10:14 am

DXMP: to play on augged servers.
DXSP: use baton, crossbow, pepper gun and gas grenades and don't kill. That's fun.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Cabol » Sun Dec 28, 03 9:02 pm

what do you mean by "Augged" servers?
Cabol

Postby Jeoh » Wed Dec 31, 03 10:53 am

He means go and Play AUGS!!
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Dae » Wed Dec 31, 03 11:09 am

Lazy for signing up, Raidy ? :P
Dae
Alpha

Postby Gustertote » Thu Jan 08, 04 8:23 pm

why play on auged? Augs SUK!! i hate the lag spikes and the DISHONOURABLE kills...
BLUE and RED
Gustertote
Addict

Postby Bell End » Sun Mar 16, 08 8:06 pm

ty for tips dea, wil try dem out
Bell End

Postby synthetic » Sun Mar 16, 08 8:40 pm

dxmp: depends on if you play atdm, btdm, or augless gametype.

for augless, pick up assault rifle, and dont really use anything else besides that, and sniper now and then. sniper takes some time to get used to, but assault rifle will get you some kills right from start, and youll be using it forever in 0augs, while it remains one of the main weapons for augs as well.
avoid running into snipers though, move around and try surprise the enemy.

for btdm: use F6 (ballystic), F9(agressive DS) all the time, and with F7 active for short bursts (speed enhancement). Put Regen on sometimes as well with plasma shield etc, depending on what kind of defence you need.

stick with assault rifle there as well, but you can use assaultshotgun almost equally as much etc. Pistols are handy to practice here too. Possibly best gametype for practice.

for atdm: get Cloak and SpeedaugF7 as start up and lockpick as start skill and go get some He20, LAMs, even a law (but dont teamkill with it!), next get BallyF6, SpeedF7, adsF9, and plasma shield and use plasmarifle as your main weapon. Practice with plasma rifle and it will get you some kills and also will be handy for future first blood kills.

dxsp: easy as hell. you want skill? if you have skill in dxmp, dxsp will be too easy.

So if you find dxsp challenging right now, then just play on some average difficulty or on hard or realistic, and stick with pistol or assault rifle or what not.

You dont need skill for dxsp, you need basics of how to move a gun with a mouse in a computer game, and you need to enjoy the game.

and lol at gustertote. there is a game called runescape for such mindset. :D
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Mar 16, 08 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Baleout » Sun Mar 16, 08 8:43 pm

rand12om wrote:dxmp: depends on if you play atdm, btdm, or augless gametype.

for augless, pick up assault rifle, and dont really use anything else besides that, and sniper now and then. sniper takes some time to get used to, but assault rifle will get you some kills right from start, and youll be using it forever in 0augs, while it remains one of the main weapons for augs as well.
avoid running into snipers though, move around and try surprise the enemy.

dxsp: easy as hell. you want skill? if you have skill in dxmp, dxsp will be too easy.

So if you find dxsp challenging right now, then just play on some average difficulty or on hard or realistic, and stick with pistol or assault rifle or what not.

You dont need skill for dxsp, you need basics of how to move a gun with a mouse in a computer game, and you need to enjoy the game.

and lol at gustertote. there is a game called runescape for such mindset. :D

Play through DXSP without letting anyone at all die (and I mean anyone).
Or try not using any augs.
Or both.
Then tell us it's easy.
Baleout
Master

Postby Kaiden » Sun Mar 16, 08 8:45 pm

Augs are essential at parts if I can remember, like Aqua lung on tunnels. Maybe if you have max swimming you might survive O-o.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Mar 16, 08 8:47 pm

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:Augs are essential at parts if I can remember, like Aqua lung on tunnels. Maybe if you have max swimming you might survive O-o.

i never needed aqualung aug, neither did i pick it.

i may have needed a rebreather in one occasion in hong kong, but thats about it. nothing few meds cant solve, or rebreathers. you dont have time for sight seeing down there.

IRT OT:
and just play dxsp with everything you have and just enjoy yourself. if you want to make things harder for yourself, then just go by what daedalus recommended. he forgot you must kill anna navarre though.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Mar 16, 08 8:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Baleout » Sun Mar 16, 08 8:50 pm

No aug could be essential, because you could only have half of them. (Choose one from two in each canister)
Baleout
Master

Postby Professor Layton » Sun Mar 16, 08 8:51 pm

If your oxygen runs low you'll simply get hurt slowly, it's not that you're gonna be instantly dead... with a couple of meds you could stay below for several minutes, I think.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby synthetic » Sun Mar 16, 08 8:51 pm

Baleout wrote:No aug could be essential, because you could only have half of them. (Choose one from two in each canister)

aug can be essential, but in that case developers have fucked up.

certainly not the case with dxmp : )
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Baleout » Sun Mar 16, 08 8:52 pm

rand12om wrote:
Baleout wrote:No aug could be essential, because you could only have half of them. (Choose one from two in each canister)

What the hell are you talking about?
Baleout
Master

Postby synthetic » Sun Mar 16, 08 8:54 pm

Baleout wrote:
rand12om wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?

Aug can be essential, but in that case developers have fucked up.

Certainly not the case with dxmp.

Now you made me repeat myself, only mistake I found was the unnecessary emote. Please, read again and dont make needless posts just because you cannot follow the thought.

Your post in fact contradicts your own logic in your previous post to which I replied.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Mar 16, 08 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Baleout » Sun Mar 16, 08 8:57 pm

The purpose of my post was to try and understand what you were talking about.
The purpose of your post just now was to be a complete twat.

Don't be a complete twat just because you can't explain what you are on about properly.
Baleout
Master

Postby Alex » Sun Mar 16, 08 9:07 pm

Random is saying that, if an aug is essential for gameplay in SinglePlayer, the developers fucked it up. Since no aug should be essential.

In DXMP, no aug is essential.

Is that right? ^_^
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Mar 17, 08 12:21 am

Yeah that is right. Essentially if you have a RPG-ish game, with skill options, (and augs) worst thing devs can do is make something essential. In that case they would have to print it on the cover. :/

And since baleout did say you have the option of taking either this or that from a single canister, i thought hed figure it out by himself.

If you take one aug from the cannister while the second one is in fact essential, then it is obviously a big mistake made by the game developers.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Mon Mar 17, 08 12:54 am

Old topic is fucking old?
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby synthetic » Mon Mar 17, 08 12:56 am

LMFAO i never noticed, bell brought it up XD
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Mar 17, 08 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Mon Mar 17, 08 1:59 am

Yeah that person I banned lol.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby bambi » Mon Mar 17, 08 5:53 pm

find a dx master, there was one that I remember who was especially amazing; he goes by 'gasgruntcommander' <---seek
bambi
Regular

Postby synthetic » Mon Mar 17, 08 6:31 pm

better download aim and ask nochanc for help. grunt aint got a thing on nochanc.

hed probably tell you you cant get good at dx because there isnt godz server, anyway.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby {17}Ales » Mon Mar 17, 08 6:57 pm

The devs actually wanted to give you the choice over what you do this is the core of DeusEx choice!

So they let you have the choice of either stealth by or just going in and slaughtering the enemy. Remember the choices at the end of the game or saving Juan Lebadev by killing Anna Nevarra.
My msn is now updated add me xD.
{17}Ales
Regular

Postby Baleout » Mon Mar 17, 08 11:19 pm

rand12om wrote:And since baleout did say you have the option of taking either this or that from a single canister, i thought hed figure it out by himself.

If you take one aug from the cannister while the second one is in fact essential, then it is obviously a big mistake made by the game developers.

That's exactly what I was saying with the canister. Why else would I say it?

What you said was written badly; I thought you were saying that if the augs weren't essential, then the developers screwed up, because while translating your mangled grammar, I wasn't thinking anyone would make the same point I had just made again straight afterwords.

I wasn't completely sure of what you had said, so asked before challenging it. At which point you started being a twat.
Last edited by Baleout on Tue Mar 18, 08 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baleout
Master

Postby synthetic » Mon Mar 17, 08 11:44 pm

Baleout wrote:I wasn't completely sure of what you had said, so asked before challenging it. At which point you started being a twat.

Baleout wrote:What the hell are you talking about?

First of all, that is an intimidation, not a question.

Baleout wrote:I wasn't think anyone would make the same point I had just made again straight afterwords.

myself wrote:if you have a RPG-ish game, with skill options, (and augs) worst thing devs can do is make something essential.

While you pointed out that the player can choose, you did not say a half word about the development or the developers. In fact, you did not say anything besides the content of that post.
I added it to my much wider point of view, a result of some of my own troubled thoughts when playing certain rpgs.

Baleout wrote:What you said was written badly; I thought you were saying that if the augs weren't essential, then the developers screwed up, because while translating your mangled grammar.

if the augs weren't essential, then the developers screwed up

aug can be essential, but in that case developers have fucked up

[aug can be essential] - augmentation has the chance of being important, vital. [but in that case developers have fucked up] - but if that is so, if that is the case, in case of augmentation is important, developers have fucked up.

You see, I dont claim to have perfect grammar, or spelling in that matter, and certainly I make mistakes I can miss since I never speak English, and write only online. One thing escapes me however: exactly how is the grammar in that sentence "mangled"?

And of course on another note - if your method of gaining information is intimidation, and your way of comeback is childish cussing, then I am really sorry, for you.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Baleout » Tue Mar 18, 08 1:05 am

"What the hell are you talking about?" Is in fact a question, hence the question mark. You have mis-interpreted showing complete confusion as "intimidation". You may have translated "intimidation" wrongly, I'm not sure.

Saying someone is being a twat is hardly "childish cussing". "Childish cussing" would be something along the lines of "What the fuck is wrong with you? Your post makes no fucking sence! Learn english, dumbshit" etc.

I never said you claimed to have perfect grammar, only that I could not understand your post and that, to me, it made very little sence. I would have said "If an augmentation is essential, then the developers have made a mistake". I have no problem if you don't write English that well, only that you were a "twat" about me asking what you meant. Sorry if you thought I was asking "an intimidation".

The grammar is "mangled" as in you have to switch round parts of the sentence to make it make the most sence (as well as the lack of articles).

While you pointed out that the player can choose, you did not say a half word about the development or the developers. In fact, you did not say anything besides the content of that post.

You are supposed to be able to work out logically the meaning of my post.
Plus what I was talking about (whether or not you need some augs to complete the game) had nothing to do with developers.

The player is able to choose which augs to install. <- What I said
\/
Therefore they may not install any particular aug.
\/
If any particular aug is essential, they cannot complete the game.
\/
Therefore, no aug can be essential. <- The answer to the problem I was adressing
\/
Therefore, if an aug is essential, the developers fucked it up <- What you said (But I didn't understand)

I didn't feel the need to spell it out to people.

The main reason I didn't understand what you were saying was, as I said before, the context of your post from my point of view. In order to have some sort of idea of what you were trying to say I had to assume what the purpose of your post was. In this case I thought you were opposing what I had said.

And of course on another note - don't be so condescending.
Baleout
Master

Postby bambi » Tue Mar 18, 08 3:05 am

All good auggers=good 1 auggers. All 1 auggers (not equal) good auggers
bambi
Regular

Postby synthetic » Wed Mar 19, 08 7:07 pm

bambi wrote:All good auggers=good 1 auggers. All 1 auggers (not equal) good auggers

Such an ignorant statement, really.

Give me sheller, give me plasma rifler, give me knifer, whoever who does not use rifles. Ill trash him. On top of that not every rifler that is good in augs can play 0augs well. In fact, he wont play it well, not before he actually trains himself in 0augs. 0augs is a different gametype with a completely different approach to the game. Hed have more luck at 0augs with CS experience than atdm experience.
Name me some good auger that should be good at 0augs, and most likely I have seen him play 0augs, lots.

if you name spaz and grimraper however, then I remember certain 0augers who not long ago claimed they dont like augs :roll:

(i use word 0augs and 0augers here as a custom, indeed there is one aug present even in "0augs")
Last edited by synthetic on Wed Mar 19, 08 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Next

Return to Multiplayer