The Sniper Rifle and DXMP Weaponry

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Which would you like to see in DXMP?

The sniper suggested by [REN]UNDEAD
6%
Pump action shotgun
11%
A realistic amount of health (using mutators)
17%
Mountable turrets
28%
Vehicles (Multimovers or otherwise)
39%

Total votes : 18

The Sniper Rifle and DXMP Weaponry

Postby Josh_Stargunner » Thu Apr 19, 07 10:53 pm

Please discuss it here. Personally I believe the recoil on the sniper should be modified, and unscoped should do same damage as scoped, as well as making the reticle go a bit more wilder when you are moving.
Last edited by Josh_Stargunner on Fri Apr 20, 07 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Josh_Stargunner
Wannabe

Postby Magus » Thu Apr 19, 07 11:07 pm

Agreed. A little bit of inaccuracy would probably force players to have skill, as opposed to jumping around like nutcases to dodge bullets.
-- Magus "Ours is not to question, only to act!"

Magus
Addict

Postby The RZA » Thu Apr 19, 07 11:14 pm

yea, dont make sense at all how scope adds damage... it's still the same type of bullet.

God Made Dirt, and Dirt Will Bust Yo' Ass!
The RZA
Alpha

Postby Josh_Stargunner » Fri Apr 20, 07 9:28 am

hehe, i really do not understand what they were thinking about when they did that... well i think rifle skill level should determine how fast the reticle locks down on your enemy, but not give you the ability to be sprinting and pull a headshot off.
Josh_Stargunner
Wannabe

Postby synthetic » Fri Apr 20, 07 9:29 am

That would completely remove one skill element from the game, hardest part isnt how to aim with assault gun but how to move around with the damn scope and shoot with it.
Admittedly it makes no sense and this skill does little good for me in other games.

To prevent this to turn into even further unbalanced sniper fest id say

+ completely remove the crosshairs from sniper unscoped (AVP2 example)
+ make it kill instantly even if hit torso, or leave it with like 5-10 hp (sniper bullets are no joke)
+ modify the scope view so that it makes sense, not that you see whole screen. Could be bigger than in SP though.
+ alternatively add zooming option, but doubt its possible O_o
+ Recoil, yes, even with maxed skill recoil should be there and force the gun off the target (basically this would make no difference in actual gameplay as you need to reload anyway or switch to other weapon)
o i dont think with these changes made the reload time has to be increased or anything like that.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Josh_Stargunner » Fri Apr 20, 07 9:45 am

i like these ideas, however i dont know how you would actually get rid of the triple damage on the scope. is it in the code somewhere on weaponrifle.uc?
Josh_Stargunner
Wannabe

Postby Siva » Fri Apr 20, 07 10:35 am

I think the idea with the scope was, In Deus Ex's world, if you're a trained killing machine like JC was, you could be alot more precise with where you placed your shots into an enemy, I.E you'd aim for their heart instead of the stomach, to cause maximum damage.

If you think about it that way, It makes alot of sense. I think If I got shot in my small intestine, it would hurt MUCH less than getting shot in the heart.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby ~M3GG4~ » Fri Apr 20, 07 1:03 pm

All in the poll should be in Deus ex, i voted for Movable vehicles.
UT has them, and thats the same engine as DX, so is there gonna be vehicles in DX sometme?
<center> Image </center>
<center>Thanks to Zantinzuken for the sig</center>
<center>Deus Ex Soldiers
http://www.dxsoldiers.com | dxdestroyer11@hotmail.com | Image </center>
~c[A]t~ wrote:how do i spam forum ¯(º_o)/¯
~M3GG4~
Elite

Postby clyzm » Fri Apr 20, 07 1:07 pm

Options 2, 3, 4 are already done by Hejhujka in Hardcore mod. He did make mountable turrets.

As for sniper scope zooming in/out, Hejhujka's done that as well.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Dae » Fri Apr 20, 07 1:31 pm

{DXS}Destroyer wrote:All in the poll should be in Deus ex, i voted for Movable vehicles.
UT has them, and thats the same engine as DX, so is there gonna be vehicles in DX sometme?

They share the same engine title, yet the engines differ a lot.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Fri Apr 20, 07 2:08 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:
{DXS}Destroyer wrote:All in the poll should be in Deus ex, i voted for Movable vehicles.

They share the same engine title, yet the engines differ a lot.

Still, some vehicles are possible, such as a helicopter. I have already proven that by making one. But it wasn't really good, since the options are limited because of the engine.

And I think Deus Ex shouldn't be edited at all. Vehicles - No space for it in Deus Ex. Deus Ex is as it should be, it is balanced in it's own way.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~M3GG4~ » Fri Apr 20, 07 4:47 pm

someone, or I could make a huge , massive map, with roads.
Not that hard.
<center> Image </center>
<center>Deus Ex Soldiers
~M3GG4~
Elite

Postby Alex » Fri Apr 20, 07 4:48 pm

{DXS}Destroyer wrote:someone, or I could make a huge , massive map, with roads.
Not that hard.

And then what? All you do is drive drive & drive? Bit boring eh? As I said, it doesn't fit in Deus Ex.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~M3GG4~ » Fri Apr 20, 07 4:50 pm

no.. actually it would be pretty fun..hoping in and out of cars, with other players, quite fun.
<center> Image </center>
<center>Deus Ex Soldiers
~M3GG4~
Elite

Postby Spiderbot01 » Fri Apr 20, 07 5:36 pm

Needs moar LAW.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Fri Apr 20, 07 8:13 pm

Longc[A]t wrote:Needs moar LAW.

I actually agree with Spiderbot's generic message here what regards the huge car map.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Fri Apr 20, 07 8:29 pm

Iceworld is surprisingly playable with LAWs.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Fri Apr 20, 07 8:34 pm

just replace the lam that spawns in middle with that neutron bomb or w/e that sg bomb was called.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Allan » Sat Apr 21, 07 5:24 am

Aquina$ wrote:i like these ideas, however i dont know how you would actually get rid of the triple damage on the scope. is it in the code somewhere on weaponrifle.uc?
WeaponRifle.uc doesn't have any code, save MP modification.

Set mpNoScopeMult to 1.0 and you're laughing. Same damage either way, scoped or not.
Allan
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sun Apr 22, 07 12:45 pm

[REN]UNDEAD wrote:+ completely remove the crosshairs from sniper unscoped (AVP2 example)
+ make it kill instantly even if hit torso, or leave it with like 5-10 hp (sniper bullets are no joke)

I still think NoChanc had a point with the GODZ Rifle, its far more realistic, but it was a concept undeveloped. You hit a man in chest with a sniper bullet and he goes down... just a shame it killed 10 out of 10 times... a hit from sniper rifle should remove a mans ability to walk or run and probably stop him from being able to shoot too, a hit on torso or head... perhaps kill him, perhaps just mortally wound him...this aint 5.56 ammo, this is ammo that takes down deers and elephants...

Please make the DX rifle incapacitate a man with a head/torso shot... so he is forced to crouch and struggle to lift his weapon...

Also, it should be dangerous to use sniper rifles, ie scope-only like AWP in CS is a good idea...

I would suggest also, leave the DX rifle alone - like keep it like the scout in CS, and then develop a new rifle which is available simultaneously...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Professor Layton » Sun Apr 22, 07 1:08 pm

One doesn't die immediately from being shot in the arm however, which was the case in GODZ server.

Anyways, as much people like realisticness, it shouldn't be overdone. For example, do you really think there would just be a house with weapons everywhere, indestructable walls, unlimited weapons and ammo, and someone who you cant see who constantly restocks all lams and such?
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby synthetic » Sun Apr 22, 07 1:46 pm

i dont know who made that health bar mod but it was great, you could see where your teammates are even if they are going behind walls, not sure what was the range of that thing
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Josh_Stargunner » Sun Apr 22, 07 5:47 pm

instead of modifying the damage of the rifle, it is an idea to go into mutators.ini and change the hitdamagescale or something like that. as for vehicles, usea basic one from a multimover, a bit like an elevator and as allan said, your laughing XD! perhaps you could expect one in Paris RPG?
Josh_Stargunner
Wannabe

Postby Allan » Sun Apr 22, 07 6:56 pm

Clix­ wrote:Do you really think there would just be a house with weapons everywhere, indestructable walls, unlimited weapons and ammo, and someone who you cant see who constantly restocks all LAMs
You forget, most weapons don't vanish when picked up. Another sacrifice of playability vs reality... :(
Allan
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Sun Apr 22, 07 7:01 pm

Yeah. Using more reality is nice in some situations, but if you want to keep a playable MP, you surely can't have weapons as strong as in reality, as there wouldnt be much fun and the game would be only about being the first one to hit.
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Allan » Sun Apr 22, 07 7:49 pm

Clix­ wrote:Yeah. Using more reality is nice in some situations, but if you want to keep a playable MP, you surely can't have weapons as strong as in reality, as there wouldnt be much fun and the game would be only about being the first one to hit.
*cough* CS. */cough*
Allan
Alpha

Return to Multiplayer