What new augs would you like to see?

Discussion about the prequel by Square Enix.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby JeJ » Fri Jan 18, 08 6:10 am

XII//:Protocol wrote:Improvements wise --

I'd like to see the pressure controlled thing Jay was talking about.

Muscle, I hated having to get that aug in DX1 because it only moved big crates. I'd rather see it have a more practical use in the world, A-La Crysis. I want to be the end of the world by the time I'm playing the last level. I should be throwing people into walls and seeing bricks crumble down to hide the remains of their bodies. I want to be flipping vans over and punching them at security bots. I want to be picking up kor-- the enemy and not choking them, snapping their necks between my fingers.
However, I want that to come at a cost. To be able to do that kind of thing, I should have 110% in Muscle (I'll explain this later.).
I'd like Combat Strength to come from Muscle also.

I'd like every main "healing" AUG from the first game (Regeneration, Environmental Control) have a secondary AUG that you can use on the enemy. Such as, the ability to do damage consistently to your enemies whilst you have them grabbed (So you'd need 70% in Muscle and 70% Regeneration)

I'd like to see you be able to wade into the epicenter of a cloud of gas, (possibly that you created though gas grenades), hit the AUG, it instantly drains 40% of your power, and it spreads it by 200%. This would have a detrimental effect on the environment as it would lower visibility, but if you had 40% in Vision Enhancement, you could get Envirovision rolled into your Vision Enhancement Aug, and all gas\fog is reduced by 150%.

The % System I've been on about means instead of a 4 stage upgrade system, you have one massive tree full with about 50-60 Active Augs, and 50 Passive Augs.

The way it would work is, lets say you started the game and wanted to use your first points in the Muscle and Hacking trees.

Muscle Tree has NO set Augs in it. This is because when you are to lift something, or try and break through something, or even pull something down, it tells you either you need (X)% more to do this, or you have pulled (X) object down, 2.5% Gained in Muscle Tree.

The Hacking Tree is made up of 80% Active Augs and 20% Passive Augs.

So, you unloaded 20% in Muscle, and 20% in Hacking. From Muscle, your punches would be a bit stronger, you can break un-reinforced wood.

In the hacking tree, you've gained the ability to short-circuit Entry-Level systems, such as cameras only linked to single control rooms, instead of networks or even the police force.

However, between Hacking and Muscle, at 20%, a bridge has been formed, and on that, you get the skill to force access. This bypasses the need for the basic 10% in Stealth for lockpicking, and allows you to break open Control Boxes which may either need 30% to Re-wire them with varying degrees of success.

Now, since everyone is probably getting a too long; didn't read feeling, I'll explain the 110% thing.

This means you have gotten to 100% in a skill, and have found someone who either has a bot to upgrade you with this, or a member of a certain organisation (like the Omar) who will actually operate on you.

However. To get 110%, you have to drain a total of 50% in 5% increments in any skills you want.

In Muscle, this would be the almost world-destroying skill I mentioned earlier.
In Hacking, this would allow you to bypass and re-program every automated system you can find in the game, it also heralds Bot Domination, and if complimented with 50% in Weapons Modification, you can infuse your ammo with remote electronic pulses causing harsh detrimental effects on any Augmented enemy.

In summary, this system is pretty damn in depth. There would be a new approach for Augs including a quick-select wheel to chose which Aug you wanted to be activated in an instant to represent that tree. I really want this game not to suffer Halo Syndrome and be dumbed down so everyone can pick-up n' play. It should be an FPS with a learning curve.

Yeah. I spent alot of time planning for DX3.

You're fucking retarded.
JeJ
Poster

Postby Siva » Fri Jan 18, 08 11:40 am

Elaborate.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby synthetic » Fri Jan 18, 08 6:26 pm

i think earl is just trolling for attention. the attention given by daedalus will suffice.

while Im not sure about some points in that quote all of it is potentially interesting. one thing in particular is the effect the muscle enhancement would have. Would love to toss people into walls, and, since you do have superhuman strength..

im visualizing it in dx1 atdm right now. catching enemy and tossing him into wall resulting in various effects on bods
Last edited by synthetic on Fri Jan 18, 08 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Fri Jan 18, 08 8:35 pm

JeJ, Thanks for posting for the first time in 7 months! However keep posting like that and you'll be banned.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby G3rman Pride 21 » Tue Feb 19, 08 12:41 am

I would deff. Like to see a aug where u can take over robots and humans temp.
G3rman Pride 21

Postby SnakeEater » Wed Feb 20, 08 12:43 am

an aug that makes you teleport all over, or a psychic rage aug that makes you much much stronger faster and everything, makes it easier too wipe out those annoying nsf terrorists
The eye sore has been removed!

I really do think Deus Ex is the all-time best game ever made.
SnakeEater
Poster

Postby Alathaea » Sat Mar 22, 08 5:31 am

I think we need to remember that if this is indeed a prequel, the augmentation technology will most likely still be prosthetic, considering that Paul Denton was the first nano-augmented agent to leave the academy.

If it is mechanical, that closes incredibly advanced technologies like (unfortunately) the spy drone and things like that. However, it opens up other things, for example, a gun implant in your arm which gives you a gun directly powered off of your reserves (like the universal ammo, but less annoying).

If I was to make a prediction of the list, it would be a three or four tiered system of augmentation, like the original, but obviously with mechanical stuff upgraded instead of nanobiological. These are the mech augs I
would predict.

Strength - strong, stronger, strongest, inhuman
Speed - fast with high drain, very fast with high drain, very fast with moderate drain, superfast with moderate drain
Gun Implant - Sniper speed shot, pistol speed shot, stealth pistol speed, machine gun speed
Vision - Inbuilt scope, infrared, nightvision, sonar.
Power Recirculator - You know the drill.
Electric Charge - Boosts augs as if they were next level up (can't remember name for it in original)
Ballistic Protection - Very low, low, medium, medium with very low drain
Cloak - (I thought this might be a little too advanced, but Anna had it, so it would be around). High drain, medium drain, low, v. low
Electronic Cloak - High drain, medium drain, low, v. low
Overdrive (Harm self for power recharge) 50% sac for 50% charge, 30% sac for 60% charge, 30% sac for 80% charge, 10% sac for 90% charge.
Mechanical Repair (Sac energy for health recharge) 50% charge for 30% health, 30% charge for 50% health, 30% charge for 75% health, 20% charge for 80% health.
Last edited by Alathaea on Sat Mar 22, 08 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alathaea

Postby Siva » Sat Mar 22, 08 10:13 am

I want a bot, like Jack from GoW, that I could send ahead -- In stealth, and ask to scout out for me.
But Jack doesn't give a direct link video feed. He just communicates what he sees in the order he sees it.

He'd also have to be augmentable, like with further recon range, heatvision, smoke grenades, etc.

And you can only use him once every 10 minutes.
//..
Siva

Postby James » Sat Mar 22, 08 2:07 pm

SPY DRONE
UPGRADED SPY DRONE
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrIgoe » Mon Apr 14, 08 12:56 am

Wow I think Alathaea got it exactly right.

Cruder tech, but can ultimately be awesome. Id rather the aug choices be all good, but very hard to collect. Don't use filler augs that no one will choose.

I'd like to see aug cans very scarce and aug upg VERY scarce. it needs to be like christmas when you find one.

The only thing I'd add would be an arm aug that magnetizes it, allowing you to pull items toward you from a distance, and perhaps launch them back to create a distraction. Not enough to kill a man....that's what strength is for.
Last edited by MrIgoe on Mon Apr 14, 08 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrIgoe

Postby Siva » Mon Apr 14, 08 2:25 am

So, telekinesis?
//..
Siva

Postby MrIgoe » Mon Apr 14, 08 7:16 am

Eh, might as well be. I'm a sneaky guy by nature, so I dig all the little stealth nuances they stick into a game. I loved using items like potted plants and trophies to distract guard after seemingly inept guard.

Problem is, those things are hard to get to. For me, I'd love the ability to draw CERTAIN (metallic of course) objects toward me, so that I may use them for distracting goodness. It shouldn't work on heavy/non metal objects for obvious imbalance, but its crude enough tech to fit, and would be a GREAT choice addition for strength aug for the arm slot. Choosing between combat strength/muscle is no contest. Get Dragons tooth, regret getting combat/spending points in melee.

For me it would be a MUCH harder decision between the ability to draw items to me (a gun on a table, for instance) and the ability to own people with my bare arms. If nothing else it would GUARANTEE a replay for me to check them both out, and the combination makes sense for the slot (i.e. no IW regen or vision enhancement choice for my EYE)
MrIgoe

Postby or 1=1 » Sun Aug 17, 08 4:00 pm

Something whic allows you to intercept communications between cellphone and radios. Also the dragon tooth sword used interesting nanites able to modify the matal of the sword. Qhat if you find a pan and you release some of those nanites to transform the pan in a knife, a key or in a component you needed to repair yourself ?
Cheap Bitch
or 1=1
Master

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sun Aug 17, 08 5:00 pm

I never really go for stealth in games, so as long as there is either regen or something that makes me a more potent one man army, I'm happy.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Previous

Return to Deus Ex: Human Revolution