What new augs would you like to see?

Discussion about the prequel by Square Enix.

Moderator: Forum Guards

What new augs would you like to see?

Postby Survive. » Tue Dec 04, 07 11:43 pm

I have been thinking, and came up with a few ideas for augs. But some people have a lot more creative mind than me.

So, just post here what augs you would like to see in the new Deus Ex. And please, do be very creative and original. :D
Survive.
Master

Postby James » Tue Dec 04, 07 11:46 pm

Dominate Robot again for sure.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Dec 05, 07 12:49 am

Like I said. I liked the standard Speed, Cloak, Regen and Targeting augs. But IMO, they're not all that original really. Except the last one in DXSP with the whole targeting information (not just better accuracy, etc).

I also liked that passive skill on DX:IW that let you hack electronic equipment like computers and ATMs, etc lol. But, again, it's not really original and it also makes the game too easy. I'm actually hoping Eidos Montreal include skills again, like in the first game.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Eçheløn » Wed Dec 05, 07 1:24 am

A wall climbing aug.
So you can hang from the ceiling. :lol:
Last edited by Eçheløn on Wed Dec 05, 07 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eçheløn
Poster

Postby Tonnochi » Wed Dec 05, 07 1:43 am

Improvements:

Vision Enhancement

HACKING AS A GIVEN NOT A SKILL OR AUG

Spy Drone with attached crossbow (Flare Darts, Tranqs, Regular Darts)

Entirely New:

Reflex Aug (Better than snowblind)

Magnetic Acceleration Speed Aug: Give you the ability to "ghost" through walls/floors/surfaces in general. Maybe add an impassable lead wall, but they would definitely make that old fast.

Aug System Improvements

Make sure the player doesn't have to turn augs on, then do what they have to do, then off. Make it so the aug is only on/BE only drains when the action is taking place. For example, BE drains as you jump in the air, drains, and turns off when you land.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby James » Wed Dec 05, 07 2:01 am

Make sure the player doesn't have to turn augs on, then do what they have to do, then off. Make it so the aug is only on/BE only drains when the action is taking place. For example, BE drains as you jump in the air, drains, and turns off when you land.

How about pressure controlled, like in JK2 and 3?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby rob » Wed Dec 05, 07 2:15 am

been playing jk2 for 7 years now, and i didnt even think what an excellent idea pressure controlled would be!! if they included that it would be awesome.
________
ROMANIAN RECIPES
Last edited by rob on Fri Feb 18, 11 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob
Regular

Postby Tonnochi » Wed Dec 05, 07 2:18 am

LTKJAY wrote:

How about pressure controlled, like in JK2 and 3?

Elaborate.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby James » Wed Dec 05, 07 2:34 am

Lets say if its normal DX and every time you jump, it activates the FULL strength of the jump, making it very awkward.

In JK, you can use the force to jump higher, its all leveled up like augs.
But, if you tap it, you get a normal forceless jump, if you hold it in and in the higher you go and the more force energy it drains.
Last edited by James on Wed Dec 05, 07 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby kBo » Wed Dec 05, 07 2:46 am

Soundvision. That is, the ability to see sounds. For example, you hear footsteps, turn soundvision on, and see footprints glowing on the other side of the door.
"Phreaking doesn't exist. It's an abstract concept that is blindly supported by the collective consciousness of a flakey subculture. You saw nothing."
kBo
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Dec 05, 07 3:36 am

LTKJAY wrote:Lets say if its normal DX and every time you jump, it activates the FULL strength of the jump, making it very awkward.

In JK, you can use the force to jump higher, its all leveled up like augs.
But, if you tap it, you get a normal forceless jump, if you hold it in and in the higher you go and the more force energy it drains.

That makes sence. As I was thinking what if people wanted to jump normally? It would be fucking useful in MP lol. It would mean less binds. But few "strategy" to Augs really.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Tonnochi » Wed Dec 05, 07 3:58 am

You know what would be cool? WASD to move regularly, and TFGH to run with augs. Cool.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby clyzm » Wed Dec 05, 07 4:45 am

An aug that lets you hack terminals from a long range, or an aug that lets you guide the bullets of a sniper as you shoot them, kinda like in Jericho.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Legion » Wed Dec 05, 07 5:34 am

You know what would be freaking cool.. a transformation Mod. Basically a mod that lets you turn into whatever you're targeting. If you turn into an enemy. the others will think you're on their team.
I think that kind of mod would rock. even if somebody could edit dx1 to make it.. not a bad idea really.
Death is often silent... But I Prefer making it loud and bloody.
CHECK OUT MY RADIO STATION: http://eternalnights.listen2myradio.com/
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Venom637
Legion
Regular

Postby James » Wed Dec 05, 07 8:06 am

or an aug that lets you guide the bullets of a sniper as you shoot them, kinda like in Jericho.

That'll suck major ass I'm afraid, I'd hate DX with bullet time-esqe effects. And there is no excuse for a auto pilot nano controled bullet anyway, theres no way the human mind can think like that to control it either.
If your player could, he'd be a God/JC post-Helios.

Also Clive Barker's games suck.
Last edited by James on Wed Dec 05, 07 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Survive. » Wed Dec 05, 07 9:25 am

kBo wrote:Soundvision. That is, the ability to see sounds. For example, you hear footsteps, turn soundvision on, and see footprints glowing on the other side of the door.

This idea sounds brilliant. :D

cataclyzm wrote:An aug that lets you hack terminals from a long range, or an aug that lets you guide the bullets of a sniper as you shoot them, kinda like in Jericho.

And I was just about to post this until I saw it in the 'Topic review'.

Nice ideas :)
Survive.
Master

Postby Siva » Wed Dec 05, 07 1:23 pm

Improvements wise --

I'd like to see the pressure controlled thing Jay was talking about.

Muscle, I hated having to get that aug in DX1 because it only moved big crates. I'd rather see it have a more practical use in the world, A-La Crysis. I want to be the end of the world by the time I'm playing the last level. I should be throwing people into walls and seeing bricks crumble down to hide the remains of their bodies. I want to be flipping vans over and punching them at security bots. I want to be picking up kor-- the enemy and not choking them, snapping their necks between my fingers.
However, I want that to come at a cost. To be able to do that kind of thing, I should have 110% in Muscle (I'll explain this later.).
I'd like Combat Strength to come from Muscle also.

I'd like every main "healing" AUG from the first game (Regeneration, Environmental Control) have a secondary AUG that you can use on the enemy. Such as, the ability to do damage consistently to your enemies whilst you have them grabbed (So you'd need 70% in Muscle and 70% Regeneration)

I'd like to see you be able to wade into the epicenter of a cloud of gas, (possibly that you created though gas grenades), hit the AUG, it instantly drains 40% of your power, and it spreads it by 200%. This would have a detrimental effect on the environment as it would lower visibility, but if you had 40% in Vision Enhancement, you could get Envirovision rolled into your Vision Enhancement Aug, and all gas\fog is reduced by 150%.

The % System I've been on about means instead of a 4 stage upgrade system, you have one massive tree full with about 50-60 Active Augs, and 50 Passive Augs.

The way it would work is, lets say you started the game and wanted to use your first points in the Muscle and Hacking trees.

Muscle Tree has NO set Augs in it. This is because when you are to lift something, or try and break through something, or even pull something down, it tells you either you need (X)% more to do this, or you have pulled (X) object down, 2.5% Gained in Muscle Tree.

The Hacking Tree is made up of 80% Active Augs and 20% Passive Augs.

So, you unloaded 20% in Muscle, and 20% in Hacking. From Muscle, your punches would be a bit stronger, you can break un-reinforced wood.

In the hacking tree, you've gained the ability to short-circuit Entry-Level systems, such as cameras only linked to single control rooms, instead of networks or even the police force.

However, between Hacking and Muscle, at 20%, a bridge has been formed, and on that, you get the skill to force access. This bypasses the need for the basic 10% in Stealth for lockpicking, and allows you to break open Control Boxes which may either need 30% to Re-wire them with varying degrees of success.

Now, since everyone is probably getting a too long; didn't read feeling, I'll explain the 110% thing.

This means you have gotten to 100% in a skill, and have found someone who either has a bot to upgrade you with this, or a member of a certain organisation (like the Omar) who will actually operate on you.

However. To get 110%, you have to drain a total of 50% in 5% increments in any skills you want.

In Muscle, this would be the almost world-destroying skill I mentioned earlier.
In Hacking, this would allow you to bypass and re-program every automated system you can find in the game, it also heralds Bot Domination, and if complimented with 50% in Weapons Modification, you can infuse your ammo with remote electronic pulses causing harsh detrimental effects on any Augmented enemy.

In summary, this system is pretty damn in depth. There would be a new approach for Augs including a quick-select wheel to chose which Aug you wanted to be activated in an instant to represent that tree. I really want this game not to suffer Halo Syndrome and be dumbed down so everyone can pick-up n' play. It should be an FPS with a learning curve.

Yeah. I spent alot of time planning for DX3.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby James » Wed Dec 05, 07 1:28 pm

I for one, would also love to see ridiculous over-powered abilities at the end of the game, even if it leads your character to burn out.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Dec 05, 07 2:12 pm

Protocol - any of those features would fucking ROCK. It'd actually put a much larger "RPG" feel into it as well, IMO. However, it may take longer than 2009 to do 100-110 augs lol.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Imperial » Wed Dec 05, 07 2:19 pm

kBo wrote:Soundvision. That is, the ability to see sounds. For example, you hear footsteps, turn soundvision on, and see footprints glowing on the other side of the door.

I like that idea.
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby MrIgoe » Wed Dec 05, 07 4:12 pm

Well, if we assume Emile is a hybrid Mech/Nano Aug, then we could see a nice combination of augs.

Early on in the game augs are few and far between, mostly mechanical and crude. I'd like to see a system where u can only have a finite amount of either Nano or Mech augs, as in, legs still have one slot, but you have to choose between FOUR augs for it. 2 Mecha and 2 Nano, with the nano being more powerful/more efficient, but harder to find and later in the game.

Makes you REALLY choose whats important, having it early on, or being more powerful. Mecha augs also scar/change your characters appearance more, making it more difficult to blend in and causing other NPCs to react to you differently.

That in mind, Mecha augs are easy, speed, strength, optical implants at the sacrifice of their limb counterparts, legs, arms, eye sockets. (Think Anna)

Nano augs would have to be Regen, AggDef, Bot domination, better versions of vision and speed, the likes

New augs I'd LIKE to see would be the Sonar implants mentioned before, that allow you to hear footsteps and calculate the distance to them, maybe combine that with the "run silent" augmentation or "targeting" to make it more worth the slot. Also combine the power-punch ability with combat strength to make it a more worthwhile aug. Leech life from IW was a good idea, I'd like to see it expanded.

Unfortunately if the game IS a prequel to DX, the augs wouldn't be as advanced as those in DX, as in, no overly complicated/elaborate ones. Going back to the basics of speed/strength/vision/cloak makes it seem better suited to the world, but ends up making it more like Crysis....
MrIgoe

Postby James » Wed Dec 05, 07 4:14 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Makes you REALLY choose whats important, having it early on, or being more powerful. Mecha augs also scar/change your characters appearance more, making it more difficult to blend in and causing other NPCs to react to you differently.

I've mentioned this too if it is a prequel, is it NEEDED.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Dec 05, 07 4:17 pm

umm...
Laser Aug. Kill Peoples With Red Lasers Comming from your head with augs =)
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Wed Dec 05, 07 4:18 pm

What?, that is ridiculous!, unless if its the SKUL GUN!
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrIgoe » Wed Dec 05, 07 4:23 pm

Oh, I guess I'd also like to point out that I would very much like the Aug slots each Aug is placed into to make sense. Regeneration in the eye slot or leech life in the foot made very little sense to me...

the 5 slots in DXIW were too little and the 9 in DX seemed a bit much to me, so I guess I'd like to see 8 Aug slots in DX3 which would make 8x4 or 32 augs- a healthy amount, assuming some are duplicates/better versions. Seems like a lot, but since the major premise of the game revolves around augmentations, that area needs to be WELL developed. Thats includes eyes, arms, legs, head, 2 for the skin and 2 in the torso.

Sorry, just more rambling on my part...
Last edited by MrIgoe on Wed Dec 05, 07 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrIgoe

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Dec 05, 07 5:00 pm

Don't forget the breast area! This IS using the Tomb Raider: Legends engine, after all :roll:
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Wed Dec 05, 07 5:15 pm

I'd enjoy an auto turret aug. It's like Spy drone, you just put a turret somewhere and it either shoots all your enemies or you control it :)

I would also enjoy the ability to take control of police or military.
Let's say the character you play is wanted by the police. The police was ordered to shoot you on sight. You get access to their main computer and give the soldiers/policemen another command. E.g. shoot Alex Jacobson on sight or whatever. (I know it's not an aug but I had to tell this) :)
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby James » Wed Dec 05, 07 5:17 pm

I'd love manipulation and more inclusion of allies, Paul Denton in God mode vs MJ12 Agents and UNATCO is fantastic when you do it with your brother.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Allan » Wed Dec 05, 07 6:03 pm

Hmm, a version of Warren's EMP Field, but in Aug form would be good by me.
Allan
Alpha

Postby kBo » Wed Dec 05, 07 10:56 pm

Aside: if they don't have soundvision as an aug and they release an SDK, I'll be more than happy to code such an aug. Which reminds me: it would be nice to have a framework for building augs in the SDK, maybe just a button that auto-generates code templates.
"Phreaking doesn't exist. It's an abstract concept that is blindly supported by the collective consciousness of a flakey subculture. You saw nothing."
kBo
Master

Next

Return to Deus Ex: Human Revolution