1up: "What's the Deal with Deus Ex 3?"

Discussion about the prequel by Square Enix.

Moderator: Forum Guards

1up: "What's the Deal with Deus Ex 3?"

Postby VodunLoas » Wed Dec 05, 07 6:24 pm

One of the latest interviews about DX3:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164708
VodunLoas
Alpha

Postby Tonnochi » Wed Dec 05, 07 7:50 pm

On the storyline...

1UP: I'm sure you can't get into any story specifics yet, but overall are you looking at Deus Ex 3 to be a continuation of the stories being told in the previous games--

D'Astous: [laughs]

1UP: --or do you want to do a fresh start in the same world?

D'Astous: I'm very sorry, but I cannot answer that. We have something that will please the fans that are loyal to the franchise. We'll do everything to respect their following. We're also going to try to bring in some new blood to keep a well-balanced interest in the game. I cannot say when and where the story actually takes place. That's a little too much information for now. Next year we'll be announcing all of that.

On updates...

1UP: In your list of things that the new Eidos Montreal studio is all about, one of the things you focused on is long production cycles. The press release for Deus Ex 3 also mentioned that you're still planning to hire new people for the team all the way into 2009. Given these statements, we should probably expect a long wait before we see footage or hands-on previews for Deus Ex 3, huh?

D'Astous: We're working with the PR department to make sure that we time releases of trailers and information in coordination with the production cycle. I would like to say that by summer next year we'll have a couple of big things to show. It wouldn't be in our favor to wait until 2009 or whatever to show something. We're confident in what we're doing, so we'll definitely want to release some content eventually. So fans shouldn't despair, I'd expect more information on what we're doing next summer.

He obviously thinks we're going to say "AWW SWEET" for a few weeks and then just forget about it until someone posts saying "MORE UPDATES" next summer and we'll all dive into it again for another few weeks. He also claims he stays in touch with the community. Oh really?
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby Tonnochi » Wed Dec 05, 07 11:55 pm

Looked up Stephane D'Astous on YouTube...wtf?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms4phtmuqIQ
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby Allan » Thu Dec 06, 07 2:58 pm

Are you sure that's the same person?! :o
Allan
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Dec 06, 07 5:01 pm

Somehow, I don't think so lol.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Allan » Thu Dec 06, 07 5:33 pm

He seems to be saying something about Aqualung though. :o
Allan
Alpha

Postby Psykorgasm » Thu Dec 06, 07 6:17 pm

Good interview, sounded promising. Was interesting on his comment when asked about Warren Spector, I'm betting he'll be involved at some point. Hopefully.
Psykorgasm
Addict

Return to Deus Ex: Human Revolution