So hows everyone enjoying...

Discussion about the prequel by Square Enix.

Moderator: Forum Guards

So hows everyone enjoying...

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat Aug 27, 11 9:56 am

Mass Effect: Human Revolution
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby James » Sat Aug 27, 11 10:22 am

It's nothing like Mass Effect except the convo buttons, plus there's no moral system. It's closer to Masquerade.

Look at this tory troll.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat Aug 27, 11 10:28 am

Not saying its a bad thing, Mass Effect is probably my favourite set of games after DX, but the music, aesthetics and general feel is a LOT like Mass effect.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby James » Sat Aug 27, 11 10:32 am

Music yes, everything else no. It's literally Deus Ex/Hitman/Metal Gear Solid.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Sat Aug 27, 11 12:54 pm

If you engage people and you're forced to cover behind a crate or whatever, shooting at the right moments and all.. that's really just mass effect.

Luckily there's other ways to progress though
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby James » Sat Aug 27, 11 1:52 pm

http://www.google.co.uk/search?um=1&hl= ... 54l1.3l4l0

Re: gameplay, the original DX strived to do this aswell.

+

Mass Effect invented talking
Last edited by James on Sat Aug 27, 11 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Sat Aug 27, 11 2:02 pm

Mass effect is just a cover system based on hiding and returning fire.

Deus Ex is a cover system where you can choose where to pop out from cover to fire, OR, you can eliminate combat altogether and use the cover as a stealthy way to get around people without them noticing you.

I rarely get into firefights because I use the cover with the "tap space" mechanic which allows you to go between cover points quickly (and unless they are within 2 meters and looking at the gap, they won't notice you)

The social element is completely not like mass effect. Mass effect is like dragon age 2, paladin choice, neutral choice or cock choice, this uses a different system altogether.

Get the social aug, 6-7 choices most of the time...

Heres a statement to illustrate bad comparisons. Mass effect stole the cover system from gears of war.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Sat Aug 27, 11 2:34 pm

Plus there's no point moral system
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sat Aug 27, 11 4:52 pm

James wrote:Music yes, everything else no. It's literally Deus Ex/Hitman/Metal Gear Solid Vegas 2.

Fixed.

-and I completely agree lol.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Kaiden » Sun Aug 28, 11 6:59 pm

For some reason on my PC version through Steam the orange glowing around objects was disabled by default (I think it's on by default for Xbox at least), I only realized it existed after seeing someone play on Xbox, and have had to go through past areas collecting stuff I missed due to no outline (credits are really hard to see on white desks sometimes =/)
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Sun Aug 28, 11 7:14 pm

Wow, why would you want to play with someone that shit anyway? It looks ugly.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Sun Aug 28, 11 7:43 pm

Cause I've missed 1000s of credits in the first few hours just by not having it on :( Maybe when I get used to the items etc I'll turn it off.
Last edited by Kaiden on Sun Aug 28, 11 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Sun Aug 28, 11 7:43 pm

Seriously, why not consider the following: look around and do not spoil yourself
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Sun Aug 28, 11 7:44 pm

why did you reply in like 10 seconds wtf

maybe

EDIT: And I did look, plenty, but enough of the art just looks like items you can't interact with, or the same as objects you can't anyway.
Last edited by Kaiden on Sun Aug 28, 11 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Gishank » Sun Aug 28, 11 8:13 pm

Credits are useless, sure you can buy ammo when you find the occassional merchant but they have very limited stock and it doesn't really cost alot.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Kaiden » Sun Aug 28, 11 8:39 pm

Thought the main point was to buy the points with it, 5k each.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Sun Aug 28, 11 9:56 pm

You start off with like, 14k after the first mission.

If you go non-lethal you'll have too much. :lol: You sell all the weapons you find!
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sun Aug 28, 11 11:35 pm

Kaiden, disable the orange glow this instant you bastard.

Lol, think of the orange glow as "I've never played DX before: on/off"
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Amme » Mon Aug 29, 11 12:25 am

I'm enjoying the game so far, but I have to admit that the game is a little bit too easy. The whole resource management thing from Deus Ex 1 is just completely gone. I can't even turn off the damn auto-healing aug and the game is suposed to be challenging on "Give me Deus Ex"? Come on.

I did find some radios that played music from DX1 and people on the street seem to be whistling the Deus Ex 1 main theme. HR is worth to play only because of that. ;)
Mess with the best, Die like the rest.
Amme
Addict

Postby Aidan » Mon Aug 29, 11 2:29 am

Remember that they're also trying to pull a lot more newcomers into Deus Ex, and get them familiar with it. Making the game too hard (even on hard mode) might turn some people away, and turning people away is NOT what Eidos and Square wants.

Example: My friend, who tried playing on NORMAL yesterday, and continuously failed at doing anything.

He played on "Tell me a story". It was both fun, and somewhat challenging for him.

Every gamer has different skill levels.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Mon Aug 29, 11 6:04 am

Im sorry but DX1 was easier than this. Regen health isn't that bad because you get killed in 2 fucking pistol rounds lol

Only thing overpowered is the pistol and takedown.
Last edited by James on Mon Aug 29, 11 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Gishank » Mon Aug 29, 11 10:05 am

I agree ^^.

It's easy to say the takedown is overpowered, but even with full energy regeneration it still takes a good bit to regenerate after usage.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Aug 29, 11 11:47 am

Takedown is OP, what evens it out is on a "no-alarm" playthrough, you have to ensure you tactically take care of the situation when there's more than one guard. Like stunning one and then using takedown on the other
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Amme » Mon Aug 29, 11 7:13 pm

James wrote:Im sorry but DX1 was easier than this. Regen health isn't that bad because you get killed in 2 fucking pistol rounds lol

Only thing overpowered is the pistol and takedown.

Why do you think that DX1 is harder? Atleast it didn't include all these "automatic" augs, HR basically plays itself for you(activate an aug and let it do the work for you). Sit behind cover and regen health to full no problem. Headshot everything in the game with a laser sight+silencer+armor penetration pistol.

Then there's the cover system that kills the entire FPS thing of the game.(adds the "peek around corner" effect). They must have loved Mass Effect.

The only resource management that exists in this game is hypostims and energy bars, but let's be honest, who needs to use energy bars? The enery regenerates itself soo fast and takedowns only cost one energy bar.

Then there are dumb augs like Typhoon that makes you immune to all damage for several seconds while your guy does some flashy shit. Auotomatic win against the second boss anyone?

If I pick "Give me Deus Ex" I expect tweaks to stuff like that, such as prohibiting regeneration while in combat, Takedowns costing 2 energy bars instead of one so people can't takedown for free... and so on.

I could go on and on about this, but I'll stop for now =p
Mess with the best, Die like the rest.
Amme
Addict

Postby James » Mon Aug 29, 11 9:01 pm

Well yeah, it was a gimmick name for hard mode. But it's honestly harder than the original game. If it means anything for you, the game is referred to as DX+ by the community regarding the combat, stealth and menus.

About the first Deus Ex being easy as shit:
You can literally complete the game with a full slot of 30 med packs constantly (gaining them beforehand) -- killing most enemies -- playing on hard/realistic without going to medibots or relying on stealth too much. If you deny you can simply just crawl, walk or run to an enemy without him attacking you as long as you get a one hit kill (almost every good weapon, you've obviously not played Deus Ex in a long time.

Regarding augs; sorry for the reality check but most of the DX augs are useless. DXIW (Bot domination alone is better than all DX augs) and DXHR actually each improved on augmentations in comparison to the original game, this is a general consensus you can't argue against. Yeah, I know the recharging/takedown thing is overpowered but it's much better than a bunch of utility augmentations like energyshield you'll never use because you'll waste too much bio-energy.

And seriously,if you complain about explosives killing bosses please re-direct yourself to using a GEP vs Gunther/Anna/Maggie/Simons...

Also:
Then there's the cover system that kills the entire FPS thing of the game.(adds the "peek around corner" effect). They must have loved Mass Effect.

Fuck off, haven't you played a Metal Gear Solid game?!
Last edited by James on Mon Aug 29, 11 9:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby lfcjake » Mon Aug 29, 11 10:24 pm

James wrote:
Also:

This. ^
| Justice for the 96 |
Steam: lfcjake
lfcjake
Wannabe

Postby Spiderbot01 » Mon Aug 29, 11 10:59 pm

I was a bit gutted there was no LEAAAN.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Mon Aug 29, 11 11:11 pm

lfcjake wrote:
James wrote:
Also:

This. ^

That. ^

To honest, I LOVE what Eidos did with DXHR. I hope to see another DX game from them again somehow.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Kaiden » Tue Aug 30, 11 1:50 am

In certain areas the loading screens are unpleasantly long, looking like 15 seconds, which is a lot as I reload frequently. Wondering if anyone else has experienced long loading times?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Tue Aug 30, 11 2:05 am

My loading times are about 5 seconds long on average.
Aidan
CandyMan

Next

Return to Deus Ex: Human Revolution