So hows everyone enjoying...

Discussion about the prequel by Square Enix.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Amme » Tue Aug 30, 11 5:44 am

James wrote:Well yeah, it was a gimmick name for hard mode. But it's honestly harder than the original game. If it means anything for you, the game is referred to as DX+ by the community regarding the combat, stealth and menus.

About the first Deus Ex being easy as shit:
You can literally complete the game with a full slot of 30 med packs constantly (gaining them beforehand) -- killing most enemies -- playing on hard/realistic without going to medibots or relying on stealth too much. If you deny you can simply just crawl, walk or run to an enemy without him attacking you as long as you get a one hit kill (almost every good weapon, you've obviously not played Deus Ex in a long time.

Regarding augs; sorry for the reality check but most of the DX augs are useless. DXIW (Bot domination alone is better than all DX augs) and DXHR actually each improved on augmentations in comparison to the original game, this is a general consensus you can't argue against. Yeah, I know the recharging/takedown thing is overpowered but it's much better than a bunch of utility augmentations like energyshield you'll never use because you'll waste too much bio-energy.

And seriously,if you complain about explosives killing bosses please re-direct yourself to using a GEP vs Gunther/Anna/Maggie/Simons...

Also:
Then there's the cover system that kills the entire FPS thing of the game.(adds the "peek around corner" effect). They must have loved Mass Effect.

Fuck off, haven't you played a Metal Gear Solid game?!

Yeah, yeah. Gep Gun owned Navarre etc, I'm just dissapointed that's all. I wanted a difficulty level in HR that I could struggle with and I just feel that they could have done so much more with it.
Mess with the best, Die like the rest.
Amme
Addict

Postby Shinobi » Tue Aug 30, 11 11:04 am

5-10 secs. SSD for me though, that probably helps lower them. The beta sometimes approached 25-30 secs so I'm happy lol
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Previous

Return to Deus Ex: Human Revolution