A second playthrough, but as an augmented super-soldier.

Discussion about the prequel by Square Enix.

Moderator: Forum Guards

A second playthrough, but as an augmented super-soldier.

Postby Gishank » Mon Aug 29, 11 12:24 pm

So having completed, and thoroughly enjoyed it on my first playthrough I've decided I want to give it another go, but this time as an augmented super-soldier with only 2 weapons and plenty of ammo. To do this of course, I would need all augs ready from the get go. I've done a bit of searching and couldn't find any 'cheats' surprisingly, I also tried hex-editing it but didn't have much luck.

Anyone know if there's a method of doing so?
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Mon Aug 29, 11 12:48 pm

Don't get shit useless augs.
Get XP as much as possible, take out all enemies.
If it comes to takedowns, use non-lethal for more XP points. Lethal is useless and loud.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Gishank » Mon Aug 29, 11 12:52 pm

C_C
I know how to do it by playing the game legitly. But as said, from the get-go.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Mon Aug 29, 11 1:01 pm

DON'T CHEAT FOR FUN KID
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Aug 29, 11 2:41 pm

I would honestly suggest 2nd playthrough is better just to try a harder difficulty (if you are lame like me and played on normal, I know I know... but to be fair I usually start most games on easy...).

And play the game with a different style, my first is stealth-hacker. My second will be typhoon-rocket/shotgunner. My third, maybe lethal sniper.

But yeah, my problem with cheats is once you know them, its hard to resist not using them. I've only recently started playing dx1 without cheats, apart from first dx1 playthrough, I discovered cheats, and I only scraped not using them and having fun, but I still ended up using inf credits. Ruined my experience, until I just had the willpower to not use them.

So yeah, have another 2-3 playthroughs with different styles, and THEN cheat if you have to...
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Spiderbot01 » Mon Aug 29, 11 2:47 pm

There wasn't really enough sniper ammo to do a lethal sniper playthrough :(
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Aug 29, 11 2:50 pm

Ok I haven't used my sniper rifle once, but I've found about 40 bullets so far and I haven't finished detroit part 2 yet!

There's a good 10 bullets and a rifle if you hack the level 4 door next to the LIMB clinic ladder, and then icarus out of the window onto that rooftop (the sniper cache that tramp lady talks about)

Probably an easier (aug cost effective?) way of getting to that cache. Basically once you have got there you can drop down into the service station traders bit through a vent
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Gishank » Mon Aug 29, 11 3:15 pm

I completed the game on the hardest difficulty available. It's easy to say do another playthrough using a different style of engagement. It's easy to say 'try a different' build, but by end-game you realistically should have 90% of the available augs.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Baleout » Wed Aug 31, 11 3:30 am

Probably an easier (aug cost effective?) way of getting to that cache. Basically once you have got there you can drop down into the service station traders bit through a vent

With augmented legs you can jump onto the roof from the street.
Baleout
Master

Postby Aidan » Wed Aug 31, 11 4:45 am

Yes, leg augs are a MUST (in terms of jumping/sprinting).
Last edited by Aidan on Wed Aug 31, 11 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Kaiden » Wed Aug 31, 11 4:46 am

I didn't get them till China where I found it very useful for jumping over roofs, although it's seen quite a lot of use. People kept telling me to get stealth hacking but I've found it easy enough without it, I imagine on a console it's harder.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Aug 31, 11 4:50 am

Kaiden wrote:I didn't get them till China where I found it very useful for jumping over roofs, although it's seen quite a lot of use. People kept telling me to get stealth hacking but I've found it easy enough without it, I imagine on a console it's harder.

-Ye, and if you get the jump aug, you should ALSO get the Icarus landing system. I've gotten out of many sticky situations in China with The Jumping/Icarus.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Kaiden » Wed Aug 31, 11 5:11 am

Yeah I got the Icarus too, I haven't used it offensively yet but jumping off stuff is still pretty fun.

I've pretty much got everything at this point (just left Picus). The fact you can buy 2xPraxis in most major levels and just exploring + non lethal mean I've got most things I want, still need to get vision and finish a couple of things though.
Last edited by Kaiden on Wed Aug 31, 11 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Aug 31, 11 5:44 am

Cinematic Icarus can be annoying at times.

I just started my 3rd playthrough, picked a revolver from Sarif, lethal takedown guard at start of Sarif factory went through roof vents for Ghost XP then went back downstairs, scaled my way onto the water protection roof onto a guard next to the front door, non lethal takedown. Picked up his pistol with one ammo in it, shot an explosive barrel and a guard flew, guard came towards me and he received a double buckshot to the abdominal. I open door and there's the 6 guards from the next area waiting for me. I get into cover and throw a remote explosive in the middle of the corridor, 4 dead. I buckshot the faces of the other 2 backing off away from the door in fear.

I'M GOING TO LOVE THIS
Last edited by James on Wed Aug 31, 11 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Wed Aug 31, 11 9:08 am

Has anyone tried fighting their way out of Zhao's penthouse? Or did everyone else go for the "PLEASE DON'T RUN OUT OF BIOENERGY WHILE I CLOAK AND RUN AWAY" strategy?
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Aug 31, 11 9:55 am

Yeah first time I threw frag. Killed 3 guards due to mine being shite to throw. Sniped and combat rifled them down. Problem was the shot gunners.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Gishank » Wed Aug 31, 11 10:36 am

Icarus is an awesome tool, the 'stun' effect seems a bit disappointing though given it's not effective at all either. By the time you have a chance to draw your weapon or run the enemy will be back on their feet. Useful if you're like me and are prone to falling from a great height.

Also, when I did Zhao's penthouse I just snuck up to the stairs and lobbed a gas grenade as they were entering, it got them all. I then just strolled over and took all their ammo. lol
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Thu Sep 01, 11 12:56 pm

The lack of ammo in this game is a GOD SEND and games should take note of it, especially games where you can only have a loadout of 2/3 weapons. Throughout the factory level last night I was picking up spare handguns/machine pistols and dropping them constantly after I waste 2-10 bullets that were in the chamber. So much frantic action throughout.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu Sep 01, 11 2:24 pm

In both playthroughs I've used 4 weapons. Shotgun, Sniper, 10MM (Heavy machine gun in the first) combat rifle in the second. I'm all about inventory upgrades.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Sep 01, 11 2:36 pm

Seriously have to do a stealth Tranq rifle, peps and stun gun playthrough

So much fun
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu Sep 01, 11 2:40 pm

MrBlackDX wrote:Seriously have to do a stealth Tranq rifle, peps and stun gun playthrough

So much fun

Absolutely my plan for next replay.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Sep 01, 11 3:02 pm

You only really need one other weapon as well as the above, maybe 10mm for mines.

[spoiler]You might need a weapon for barrett, ive heard with enough stun gun rounds you can take him out easily. Again stun gun is good for whats her face.[/spoiler]

And basically just take the grenade launcher from the moment you get it.

[spoiler]Also, save malik without kills, thats hardcore yeah![/spoiler]
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Thu Sep 01, 11 3:11 pm

Be more careful with spoilers outside the thread.
[spoiler]It's Yelena[/spoiler]

First playthrough I played how I wanted. I did a stealthy mix of lethal and non-lethal with silenced 10mm, Silenced sniper, double barrelled hunting shotgun, combat rifle, stungun. Stun gun was swapped later on in the game for plasma rifle.
Augs were hacking and arm augs straight away, for awhile I only had typhoon (never used it... the stealth I did was far too effective.) and late in the game the vision aug.
Second was non lethal stealth, inventory with tranq, stun, gas and PEPs this time with silenced footsteps and stealth. PEPS is useless except for knocking over turrets. Never got typhoon or smart eyes, tried out radar upgrades - useless.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Sep 01, 11 3:15 pm

And for stealth taking care of a group of guys who are 3 or more in a small area (happens a couple of times)

But yeah stun gun and tranq is really the better stealth weapons
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Thu Sep 01, 11 3:17 pm

Stun is horrible aswell, the hit detection! I'll upload EVD's video here, if anyone has got it link it here.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu Sep 01, 11 3:23 pm

I got the version that you can get the grenade launcher and hacking device, how do I get them?
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Thu Sep 01, 11 3:57 pm

People have been telling me they can never hit with the stun prod but I find it pretty easy.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Fri Sep 02, 11 4:08 am

I really like the pistol in this game, very modifiable and awesome to use. My next playthrough will be pistol/takedown only
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Aidan » Fri Sep 02, 11 4:43 am

Kaiden wrote:People
Can't play games.

My next runthrough will only be augs.

I'll be Piraxis hunting like a mother.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Fri Sep 02, 11 8:46 am

Praxis makes perfect.

Heh.

In a little predicament, decided to shoot up the DPD. I cleared the 2nd and top floors easily but having a lot of trouble descending down into the main office door due to 8 guards and my lack of ranged weapon ammo. I snook back outside and encountered 4 SWAT, cleared them and back to the front of the precinct. The 8 guards are now on an even level but we both have more cover.

I have 2 nades, a shotgun, 3 mines and 4 assault rifle bullets. I want to get into the armory but may prove tough.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Next

Return to Deus Ex: Human Revolution