Zero Punctuation on DXHR

Discussion about the prequel by Square Enix.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Baleout » Wed Sep 07, 11 8:32 pm

Baleout
Master

Postby James » Wed Sep 07, 11 8:40 pm

Did he really just complain about the endings... remind me, did he play Deus Ex?

[spoiler]stupid as fuck 4 buttons, but the endings were great and shown REAL WORLD footage to connect the user. It was definitely more effective than Deus Ex or Invisible War's brief open 5 second endings.[/spoiler]

He's definitely right about the augmentation friendly choices, I did search other routes for fun. :(
Last edited by James on Wed Sep 07, 11 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Thu Sep 08, 11 2:35 am

I have to say though. I didn't like how all the buttons were in one room in DXHR.

In Area 51, you actually had to go to other sections and complete something different to obtain that ending.

DXHR: HERE YA GO! FOOUUUUURRRRRR WHOLE BUTTONS REAAAALLL CLOSE TO EACH OTHER. PICK YOUR ENDING!
Last edited by Aidan on Thu Sep 08, 11 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Sep 08, 11 10:09 am

Well I think there is a point about the endings. They were thought provoking, and it that way they excelled over the original endings.

[spoiler]But it was a little cheap at the same time, it would have been interesting to maybe see a different 5 second clip at the end of the credits.

So you could have had say the Illuminati ending where it's like the intro, but instead of Bob Page, it's Adam who is speaking to people over that intercom thing. This would be a small tribute to the structure of DX1, where the illuminati ending begins and ends with the same sequence.

And then make the Megan Reed cutscene the ending for the "everybody dies/sinking" end scene.

That is of course assuming that the sinking ending is canon, but then if they did this at the beginning, the Megan Reed/Bob Page cutscene may not have been considered canon...[/spoiler]
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Thu Sep 08, 11 10:28 am

[spoiler]It is canon, and happens for either way.

After taking myself back, all endings can easily be canon. Whatever happens to the Illuminati doesn't matter because they fall to MJ12. Whatever happens with augmentations doesn't matter as there's a recession which stops the public from buying them anyway. Sinking is the failsafe, but I hope they choose something else as extra to build upon for the next game

Another downside to the endings is that a majority of the clips are public domain from archive.org...[/spoiler]
Last edited by James on Thu Sep 08, 11 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Return to Deus Ex: Human Revolution