UPDATE Build 1.2.630.0

Discussion about the prequel by Square Enix.

Moderator: Forum Guards

UPDATE Build 1.2.630.0

Postby James » Fri Sep 16, 11 12:18 am

Code: Select all
"The new patch addresses a variety of issues as well as adds some new features:

Fixes:
- We have addressed various issues that can occur for players that would result in ‘stuttering’.
o Stutters that are the result of graphics driver shader processing are now removed or significantly reduced.
o Stutters that are the result of data streaming have been removed or significantly reduced.
o Performance has been improved and made more stable on dual-core systems. This could previously also result in stuttering.
- Fixed issue where some players couldn’t complete the Motherly Ties side quest.
- Fixed an issue where doors in Omega Ranch sometimes wouldn’t open.
- The TYM medical card should no longer fall through the table if an NPC’s body comes into contact with the card. Players already stuck in this area will need to revert to a previous save before the card fell through.
- Occasional hangs for some players during video-playback have been fixed.
- A crash on startup when running DX11 on a single-core CPU has been fixed.
- An issue causing Eyefinity setups to not be correctly detected for some players has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would get permanently disabled for some players.
- Fixed certain issues that caused the mouse cursor to be able to leave the game-screen on multi-monitor setups.
- Fixed an issue that caused the mouse cursor to not be visible in-game when the user has mouse trails enabled in Windows. We still recommend disabling mouse trails for a smoother in-game mouse cursor.
- Fixed issue where ammo count for collected guns is incorrect when Adams weapon is augmented.
- In DX9 mode:
o Fixed error message for some users when trying to use FXAA Medium or FXAA Low anti aliasing modes.
o Fixed shadow-mapping ‘lines’ on some graphics hardware when using anisotropic filtering.

Feature Additions:
- The Enter and Numpad-Enter keys can now be bound to game actions in the keyboard control menu.
- Intro logos can now be skipped on all but the first run of the game.
- Added windowed mode.
o Selectable in the menu, and can be toggled between windowed, fullscreen, and fullscreen windowed using ALT-ENTER.
- Added an option to change the text language of the game. This setting only changes the text language, the audio is controlled by the language option in Steam.

On top of this we are continuing to monitor for any issues that may need to be addressed in a future patch. One extra feature we can already confirm for a future patch is support for Nvidia 3DVision and Nvidia Surround.

We hope this patch will allow players to further enjoy Deus Ex: Human Revolution."

o Selectable in the menu, and can be toggled between windowed, fullscreen, and fullscreen windowed using ALT-ENTER.

fullscreen windowed

GAME OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS
Last edited by James on Sat Sep 24, 11 7:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Fri Sep 16, 11 1:19 am

Wow... this 10000% confirms they take user feedback well.

They fixed pretty much EVERYTHING, and then included additional features.

Loving the Dual Core fix. I can play quite smoothly on my netbook now :lol:
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Professor Layton » Fri Sep 16, 11 6:26 am

Nice, I wonder if I'll be able to play the game now without disabling my virtual RAM
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby James » Fri Sep 16, 11 6:52 am

- Occasional hangs for some players during video-playback have been fixed.

o Fixed shadow-mapping ‘lines’ on some graphics hardware when using anisotropic filtering.

Aw ye.
Last edited by James on Fri Sep 16, 11 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Sat Sep 24, 11 7:43 am

Small patch:
The latest patch is just a new executable. Modifications to patch0.000 or patch1.000 should still work, unless they rely on specific hacks in the EXE as well.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Return to Deus Ex: Human Revolution