Vechicles

Project: 2027 modification discussion. Download it now!

Moderator: Ded

Vechicles

Postby kypster » Thu Apr 15, 04 6:19 am

I saw in one of the threads of this forum that you were thinking about trying to implement Cars and Flying Vechicles of some sought but you were a bit iffy about the ability to code up a good physics systems for the cars.

Would it be possible to implement a premade physics engine into the game like Tokamak Physics http://www.tokamakphysics.com/ , ODE physics which I cant remember the web address of or do the limits of the Deus Ex SDK make this impossible.

Anyway great looking mod, easily the best looking Deus Ex 1 mod yet hopefully it will play just as good.
We're hardcore, we fight for the one who died for
kypster

Postby Ded » Thu Apr 15, 04 8:11 am

I'm not sure about cars, beacuse this type of vehicles is most difficul to create for DX (I mean really good physical model.). Flying and sub-water vehicles are easier. I have good progress in making them already, so I'm pretty sure that there will be choppers and mini-subs (or something else similar to these) in the final version of 2027.

I don't think it is possible to implement some physics engine into DX, since there are no sources of DDLs in DX SDK (though I've created a new lighting system based on scripts, not native code).
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby kypster » Thu Apr 15, 04 9:49 am

Do you mean that you don't have enough polygons to create a good looking car becasue I would have thought it would have been easy to make a good car model as they are usually made out of quiet basic shapes not to mention how much you seem to have upped the polygon counts in the models that I've seen in some of the screenshots and you could take alot of artistic license into it considering its set in the future.

Although I think the helicopters and subs would be fun, I think most people would find cars to be both the most fun of the lot and most useful if you have large outdoor street maps.

Of course your more at home with the Deus Ex than me so your probably right but these are just my thoughts.
kypster

Postby Ded » Thu Apr 15, 04 12:27 pm

I didnt mean polygons. I've talked about car's physics. It is very difficult to create good physics for cars, than for flying vehicles.
I agree that cars are fun, especially on large maps like Paris in 2027 (it consist of two huge outdoor levels).
As I've told before, I already have some progress in creating flying\water vehicles: physics system is ready, so I need only to implement vehicles system into game (additional scripts like how you enter\get out the vehicle, damage control and vehicle-weapons system).

Curent vehicles system is based on "Dynamic point" technology. It works nice with flying vehicles, but I'm not sure about cars. Anyway, I will try to create ground vehicles too.
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby Jeoh » Fri Apr 16, 04 1:47 am

Well keep up the good work this looks like quiet a memorable mod.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby kypster » Fri Apr 16, 04 1:53 am

whoops.......errrr sorry about that I forgot to sign in
kypster

Postby C:Enter:£££ » Fri Apr 16, 04 1:54 am

its gonna over take CS 8)
C:Enter:£££
Forum Legend

Postby Jeoh » Fri Apr 16, 04 5:46 am

Yeah right, a game that currently has thousands(millions?) of players playing, a division in the WCG, and is claimed to be the most popular game ever.
And, with an expansion officialy sold in the shops.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby kypster » Fri Apr 16, 04 6:08 am

I'll have to agree with [A]GeneralJoey on that one, this is a single player mod and single player games generally have smaller communitys than mulitplayer games of the same caliber.
kypster

Postby VodunLoas » Thu Apr 22, 04 7:19 am

The game 'Mobile Forces' uses the same engine as DX and has great vehicle physics for buggys, tanks, ect. Maybe you can find out about it.
VodunLoas
Alpha

Postby Ded » Thu Apr 22, 04 7:45 am

VodunLoas wrote:The game 'Mobile Forces' uses the same engine as DX and has great vehicle physics for buggys, tanks, ect. Maybe you can find out about it.

No, this game uses new Unreal engine: it has static meshes, good physics and object collision. I even created one small map with it's editor 8)
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby Dae » Thu Apr 22, 04 4:44 pm

Mobile Forces maps are built in 3DsMax and DX is much older...
Dae
Alpha

Postby Marouku » Thu Apr 22, 04 8:25 pm

i tested out Tokmak physics....its impressive...you might want to check it out...at least download the demo...
ImageImage
Marouku
Forum Super Hero

Postby Jeoh » Thu May 27, 04 7:49 pm

I'd just like to say the mod looks great -- I love the Humvee model! Very nice work. I eagerly anticipate its arrival... especially now that graphic hardware can handle the DX engine at high res. Keep it up!
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby DOGNY » Sat Apr 23, 05 3:20 am

Ded wrote:
VodunLoas wrote:The game 'Mobile Forces' uses the same engine as DX and has great vehicle physics for buggys, tanks, ect. Maybe you can find out about it.

No, this game uses new Unreal engine: it has static meshes, good physics and object collision. I even created one small map with it's editor 8)

what's the map?
http://www.tokamakphysics.com/demo/tokamakdemo.zip
DOGZ SERVER RULEZ

[A]lpha Clan is #1
FunLine is the BEST!

Keeping DX Alive
DOGNY
Forum Dog

Postby Tsukasa Nishino » Fri Jun 24, 05 9:36 pm

Jus might interest you a little, but while i was reading a DXIW review (an entire mission guide), i found that you have 2 different pilots, the regular girl chopper pilot or the hot shot harrier pilot. What im interested in is that you can add the harrier as one of your ariel vehicles seeing that you perfer air over land, i also found something else. an GTA (ground to air missle battery, perhaps you can add that also if your planning to allow us (as players) to pilot the air vehicles manually...
Tsukasa Nishino
Master

Postby AlexDenton » Sun Jun 26, 05 1:12 am

Lol, the "hot shot" pilot is a thief... leave it at that :p (no spoiler! honest!)
Hey! Hey, Guys! Check My Girlfriend's Rack!
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby Tsukasa Nishino » Sun Jun 26, 05 4:51 am

AlexDenton wrote:Lol, the "hot shot" pilot is a thief... leave it at that :p (no spoiler! honest!)

nah jus rip off pricings XD
Tsukasa Nishino
Master

Postby Ded » Sun Jun 26, 05 11:02 am

Site updated.
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby H1tman » Sun Jun 26, 05 10:18 pm

~Yuri Fuyude~ wrote:
AlexDenton wrote:Lol, the "hot shot" pilot is a thief... leave it at that :p (no spoiler! honest!)

true, sometimes the landing places are better though...

pffft...still used default girl instead of this thief..
H1tman
Forum Hero

Postby Tsukasa Nishino » Mon Jun 27, 05 2:46 am

[Ã?]HDS wrote:
~Yuri Fuyude~ wrote:

true, sometimes the landing places are better though...

pffft...still used default girl instead of this thief..

but hes so cute tho ^^
Tsukasa Nishino
Master

Postby kypster » Tue Jun 28, 05 10:12 am

Thanks for the site update Ded.

He's an Australian to, at least he sounds like one.
kypster

Return to Project 2027