WOW

Project: 2027 modification discussion. Download it now!

Moderator: Ded

WOW

Postby Thespawned » Mon Jul 19, 04 8:40 pm

I have just discovered this mod project and I must say the screens are looking AMAZING... Judging by the screenshots, whoever designed the levels should be working for a professional developing company.

anyway, I just have a few questions, which are probably answered all over this forum but im to lazy to look.

1st question - will the completed mod (2027) take advantage of newer hardware features and more advanced hardware. I am using a 2ghz athlon xp, nForce 2 board, 128mb GeForce and 1gb ram. would be nice to see this mod really push the hardware boundaries.

2nd question - areas of extreme lag!. some of the DX mods i have played have areas where the map lags really bad. It totally ruins the atmosphere of the game when you suddenly drop into 15fps..... Is this gunna be a problem in your mod

3rd question - when is this project going to be relesed, and will it be free?? also, will it be available on a server other than fileplanet (which is evil...)

Cheers in advance. keep up the good work. I especially look forward to seeing rain, snow and thunder in DX!! :)
Thespawned

Postby Ded » Tue Jul 20, 04 7:05 am

Well, one of our mappers is a real proffesional 8)

That hardware should be enough. I have 1700\256\128 FX 5600. There are just couple of places where I have 30 FPS (most lagging ones).
Since we haven't worked on the engine, there is no big difference if you have old or new videocard.

There are some places where 2027 can lag, but with this kind of hardware I doubt it will happen with you.

2027 will be available both on fileplanet and Invisible Hand servers (maybe I will upload it somewhere else).
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby Thespawned » Wed Jul 21, 04 7:26 pm

thanks for responing to my post.

keep up the good work. by the way, if you need a beta tester... ive played DX since it was released so i know the game engine and mechanics pretty damn well.

lol, i just wanna play it before its released...heh :)

-andy
Thespawned

Postby Zarger » Wed Jul 21, 04 8:00 pm

I know Deus Ex is adicting once you play a game you want another. My brother is like the biggest gamer and gets games when they come out :wink:

[A]fireball[tr]
[url=http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4607[/url][A]lpha Forum Rules[/url]
~[A]Zarger~/~[A] Z a r~
Zarger
Master

Postby sear » Thu Jan 13, 05 11:05 am

This mod really is looking awesome. I haven't seen this kind of detail in deus ex before.

Can't wait guys, keep up the good work.
sear

Return to Project 2027