Troubleshooting / FAQ

Project: 2027 modification discussion. Download it now!

Moderator: Ded

Troubleshooting / FAQ

Postby Ded » Sun Sep 25, 11 8:51 pm

Deus Ex (version 1.112fm) and .NET Framework 3.5 are required to run 2027.

Technical issues:

Q: My game crashes after the character creation screen.
Q: I'm experiencing a strange behavior of the game after a quick-load/loading a new level.
Q: 2027 is full of bugs. Have you tested it at all?
A: Make sure you have Deus Ex version 1.112fm. Try installing 2027 on a clean Deus Ex with the latest patch that does not contain any mods. We have been testing 2027 for more than three months and there shouldn't be any major game bugs left.

Q: I have a problem running the mod with Deus Ex: Game of the year edition (GOTY):
A: Make sure you have the latest version (1.112fm). Some GOTY distributions does not include the latest patch.

Q: I get a DLL error when running the game.
Q: I get a DirectX error.
A: Try reinstalling DirectX 9.0c. Make sure you have the latest version of Deus Ex.

Q: I get a "missing package" error.
A: Check your 2027 installation path. You need to select your root Deus Ex folder when installing the mod (i.e. D:\Games\DeusEx). Make sure you have the latest version of Deus Ex.

Q: I get an error when I'm trying to launch the mod from a desktop shortcut.
A: Make sure you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed. If you have .NET 4.0 installed, that doesn't mean you have version 3.5 too.

Q: I get an error (i.e. "Bex error") when launching the mod.
A: Try excluding /System/2027.exe from the DEP list.

Q: The game runs too slow/fast or skips some frames.
A: Run the game, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc (if your game crashes, press Alt+Tab first), go to "Processes", right-click "2027.exe", select "Set Affinity..." and make sure that there is only one CPU selected. Alternatively, you can install this utility (make sure you are running it as an administrator) and then set \System\2027.exe to run in a single-core mode.

Q: The game starts lagging after a few hours of playing. How can I fix that?
A: If you are playing with "advanced effects" turned on, try to reboot your computer.

Q: My game crashes when I'm trying to press Alt+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
A: Press ~ (a key right below Esc) and type "preferences".

Q: I hate bloom. Is there a way to turn it off?
A: Sure. You can either press Shift+F12 in game, or uncheck the "Use advanced effects" checkbox in the game's launcher.

Q: Checkbox controls in the game launcher are broken.
A: There are some issues with checkbox controls under Windows XP or when using a "classic Windows" UI theme. The controls are working, you just can't see if they are checked or not.

Q: I can't select any of my items after loading a new level. How can I fix that?
A: This sometimes happens after watching a cutscene. Just drop your current item.

Q: Is it possible to run 2027 with the New Vision mod installed?
A: Yes, there shouldn't be any problems.

Q: Is it possible to run 2027 with a Steam version of Deus Ex?
A: Yes, you can run 2027 with a Steam version.

Q: I'm having a problem that is not listed in this FAQ.
A: If you are experiencing a technical issue that is not listed here, please create a new topic, write down your hardware/software specs and attach your \2027\System\2027.log file.
Last edited by Ded on Mon Oct 03, 11 8:38 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby Ded » Sun Sep 25, 11 9:42 pm

Gameplay issues:

[spoiler]Q: I've done something awesome that the game didn't expect from me and now I'm stuck and can't progress forward. What should I do?
A: Currently, there are only two known ways to stuck in the game: 1. To kill all major characters in the Moscow chapter and to end up without any multitools before completing the "Police network" mission. 2. To kill all major characters in the Moscow chapter and to end up without money before buying a ticket to the nightclub. Other than these two, you can do anything you want to and you won't get stuck. You can kill any major character and still progress forward!

Q: What do I need to do in the first level?
A: First, go to the left and find an elevator. You will need to find a code (go to the room with a pinball and a vending machine) or hack the keypad. The elevator will take you to the lab where you will find a key. Go back to the beginning of the level, then go down the stairs near two aquariums and find a door between two glass walls. Use your nanokey on an electronic lock to open the door. Finally, use a computer at the opposite side of the room. Watch out for lasers! You can find a login and password in a datacube in the conference room near the elevator.

Q: What should I do to find Human Horizon lab in Paris?
A: You need to complete all quests for either the Shadow legion or the Judicians. After that, they will help you to get to the lab.

Q: I don't want to work for any of these gangs. Is there a way to get to the lab without their help?
A: Yes, there is a way to get to the lab without completing any quests.

Q: Where can I find Darrell, the leader of the Judicians?
A: Go to the old quarter and swim down the canal.

Q: Where can I find the police station?
A: Go to the big mansion in West, then turn left.

Q: Where can I find the Shadow legion?
A: Look for a door near the cafe at North-West.

Q: What should I do in the Human Horizon lab in Paris?
A: Look for a disk inside the room with a broken medbot.

Q: I have found the disk and now my vision is augmented! What should I do?
A: Go back to Xander. Your vision will be back to normal as soon as you leave the old quarter.

Q: Where can I find Vladimir Grigoryev?
A: You can work for the smugglers and they will help you to find Vladimir in return. The smugglers' leader, Evgeny, must survive during the last mission. There is also a way to find Vladimir without working for them. Vladimir lives in the big yellow building with an arch.

Q: Where can I find Kitay-gorod metro station?
A: Look for a door near the Militarists base (the place where they kept an Omar).

Q: How can I use metro to get around the city?
A: You need to know the password. Then you will need to get inside the train and use an intercom.

Q: Where can I find the Omar and Cyclops?
A: Go to the Kitay-gorod metro station and travel to the Pushkin square, then look for the nightclub.

Q: Where can I find four panels to disable the police network?
A: The first one is on the building on the left of the nightclub. The second one is in the yard with a basketball hoop. The third one is near the Chinese cafe. The last one is in the sewers at Kitay-gorod metro station. To get to the sewers, get inside a ventilation shaft in a small room near the train.

Q: Where can I find Amrita?
A: Go to the rooftop of the building with Pepsi sign. You will need a code provided by the Omar's hacker in the VIP room.

Q: I don't want to work for any of these gangs. Is there a way to find Titan without their help?
A: Yes, there is a way to find Titan without helping any of these gangs, but you will have to complete some of their missions anyway.

Q: Are there any weapons on the first level?
A: Yes, you can find some firearms in the armory. To get into the armory, you will need a find a prod and to use it wisely...

Q: Where can I find two generators in Mt. Weather bunker?
A: The first one is in the ventilation shaft near the level entrance. The second one is in a dark room that you can access from the rocket shaft.

Q: Where can I find three Thanatos' routers in Mt. Weather bunker?
A: 1. In the cave on the first level of the rocket shaft complex (use an elevator to get there) 2. In a small room between the 4th and the 3rd level of the rocket shaft complex 3. In the big cave with a mining machinery (you can get there only after turning on both generators).

Q: Titan kills me when I'm trying to help Omars in the last mission! What should I do?
A: Titan is using your bioelectric energy to attack you...

Q: How many game endings can I choose from?
A: There are three game endings, but some of them might not be available to you based on the quests you completed during the game.

Q: Is it possible not to fight with Magnus?
A: Yes, there is a way to stay friends with Magnus.

Q: Can I save Xander?
A: Yes, you can. Think carefully what you are doing when leaving the Siberian labs.

Q: Is it possible to complete the game without killing anyone?
A: Yes, it is possible. The only required deaths are the death of the Judicians on the last Shadow legion's mission, but you don't have to kill them yourself since Arman is taking a part in the combat.

Q: Is it possible to kill all major characters?
A: Yes, it is possible. The only invincible major character in the game is Xander at the Paris mission (you can kill him later, though). You can kill any major characters anytime (except for the nightclub levels). Obviously, you can't kill Titan if you have killed all other major characters, but you can "kill" him by choosing the Omar's or Vladimir's ending.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Ded on Mon Sep 26, 11 8:46 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Return to Project 2027