Weapon Models/Permissions

Project: 2027 modification discussion. Download it now!

Moderator: Ded

Weapon Models/Permissions

Postby Captain_Destro » Wed Oct 12, 11 7:27 am

I PMed Ded on Moddb and haven't been able to get a hold of Clyzm.

Was just curious about the 2027 weapons I was wondering if I could port them over to normal DX. Ded told me I should ask Clyzm about this since it's his work when it comes to the weapons. I just wanted to add some realistic weapons to Deus Ex and buff certain enemies. I'd give credit where it is due of course. I honestly believe they would go well with HDTP and such. Heck I just wanted to ask about it. Everything in the mod is very well done.
Captain_Destro

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Oct 12, 11 8:22 am

clyzm's profile

Try PMing him.. oh and good luck.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby clyzm » Wed Oct 12, 11 9:42 pm

It's under 2027 jurisdiction so if Ded's cool with it, I am too
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Captain_Destro » Wed Oct 12, 11 10:54 pm

clyzm wrote:It's under 2027 jurisdiction so if Ded's cool with it, I am too

Thanks I'm hoping he would be fine with it since he wanted me to ask you about it. I think it can breath new life into Deus Ex along with HDTPs enhanced models and New Vision's Textures.

Edit: By the way Clyzm I'm a big fan of your work. They kick ass.
Last edited by Captain_Destro on Wed Oct 12, 11 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain_Destro

Postby clyzm » Thu Oct 13, 11 12:25 am

I thank you for your comments but they're misplaced,

it's not my work at all, I just ported them from Counterstrike community mods. It was a PITA to port successfully, granted, but the people that deserve the real credit are the modelers, skinners and sound artists who made those weapons.

I never claimed I made those guns either. Actually the reason it's not available to download freely here on the forums is because I've been getting a lot of copyright complaints. Ded asked for the weapons and I just gave what I ported.

It was definitely my fault for not announcing directly I didn't make the guns. I feel like a complete dick about it even now, 2 or so years later.

The worst thing is, I never even asked permission to port those guns, I just up and did it. No conscience. This mod is seriously the shame of my entire modding career in Deus Ex and it honestly hurts me when people give me so much credit for it, knowing that I did absolutely nothing but basically import those guns.
Last edited by clyzm on Thu Oct 13, 11 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Captain_Destro » Thu Oct 13, 11 12:31 am

Oh sorry excuse me but still even porting them seems like a huge undertaking IMO. Didn't mean to open up a can of worms here. I meant that I'm a fan of your work when it comes to dealing with models/meshes and stuff. it all seems frustrating at first glance. Coding/Porting in it's own right takes skill.
Captain_Destro

Postby eeZee » Thu Oct 13, 11 5:42 am

clyzm wrote:Actually the reason it's not available to download freely here on the forums is because I've been getting a lot of copyright complaints.

Well, it's not copyright infringement if no one's turning a profit, right?
eeZee

Postby Aidan » Thu Oct 13, 11 5:49 am

Copyright infringement does not have to involve money.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby eeZee » Thu Oct 13, 11 7:04 am

ainaD wrote:Copyright infringement does not have to involve money.

I know I knew this, but it's something I conveniently allow myself to forget from time to time :oops:
eeZee

Postby CyberP » Sat Dec 08, 12 3:42 am

I too would like to use assets from 2027. Fantastic Mod btw! What I would like to use is a few of the beautiful music tracks from 2027 ported to DX but I have no idea how to go about getting permission, this sub-forum has been inactive for 3 months (mysteriously) and I cannot find an email address anywere for anyone from the 2027 team!

Please allow me to port some of these beautiful tracks into Deus Ex! All credit will be given of course and I will take no credit whatsoever except for the simple task of putting the mod together. Furthermore I would be happy to recommend people in the readme file to download Project 2027, it is very fun.
Last edited by CyberP on Sat Dec 08, 12 9:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
CyberP

Postby Kaiden » Sat Dec 08, 12 10:32 am

I expect if you purchase (donate for) them here I don't see why not, but wait for Dae/Ded to post and confirm.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby CyberP » Sat Dec 08, 12 10:38 am

Ok :)
Last edited by CyberP on Sat Dec 08, 12 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
CyberP

Postby Dae » Sat Dec 08, 12 12:18 pm

CyberP wrote:I too would like to use assets from 2027. Fantastic Mod btw! What I would like to use is a few of the beautiful music tracks from 2027 ported to DX but I have no idea how to go about getting permission, this sub-forum has been inactive for 3 months (mysteriously) and I cannot find an email address anywere for anyone from the 2027 team!

Please allow me to port some of these beautiful tracks into Deus Ex! All credit will be given of course and I will take no credit whatsoever except for the simple task of putting the mod together. Furthermore I would be happy to recommend people in the readme file to download Project 2027, it is very fun.

Click here to contact Ded via private messages. He'll receive a notification by email.
Dae
Alpha

Postby CyberP » Sat Dec 08, 12 12:44 pm

Thank you Dae.
CyberP

Postby chubskee » Thu Feb 07, 13 12:21 pm

hi guys im just new here.. am any one can help me??
cause i am seraching for a weapons
thanks.. have good day you all guys..
Last edited by chubskee on Sat Feb 09, 13 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
chubskee

Return to Project 2027