Project 2027 and Ghost Recon 1 conflicts

Project: 2027 modification discussion. Download it now!

Moderator: Ded

Project 2027 and Ghost Recon 1 conflicts

Postby Machina » Fri Aug 16, 13 11:49 pm

I had GR1 installed and installed 2027. Now GR1 doesn't run anymore, it crashes when it starts up.

I looked into this error. GR1 uses some old video codec. One method to avoid the crash is by disabling the intro movie in the options.xml file. I did that but it didn't work. Then I read another method: downgrade your video card driver. But I did not upgrade my video driver... I installed 2027. But after de-installing 2027 the problem remains.

I did not install .NET Framework 3.5 to get 2027 to run.
"No I don't smoke meth. This is just a natural talent I have."
Machina

Postby Machina » Sat Aug 17, 13 3:28 am

Never mind. I did a complete uninstall of GR1 (including removing the saved games and deleting the GR1 folder) and cleaned the register with ccleaner. Then I did a re-install and it worked again.

After that I installed 2027 again to check if that really was the cause. Turns out it wasn't, at least so far there are no problems anymore. Not sure what caused the GR1 error but it's fixed now.
Machina

Postby Ded » Sun Aug 18, 13 11:01 pm

You can also try rebooting as the 2027 (or rather ENBSeries) sometimes does not unload correctly.
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby Machina » Tue Aug 20, 13 9:26 pm

The GR1 error is a well known bug and it can happen for various reasons. I thought since 2027 has improved graphics maybe it installs a codec or whatever but that was not the case. I also tried rebooting but that didn't work either.

The first uninstall I did was not a complete one, I kept the save games and the options.xml file. But that didn't work. The second time I did a complete uninstall and cleaned the registry. Then it worked again.
Machina

Return to Project 2027