Currently wanted

Project: 2027 modification discussion. Download it now!

Moderator: Ded

Postby Jeoh » Fri Jun 04, 04 3:15 pm

Heh, I could translate it to Dutch if I wanted to :o
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Ded » Fri Jun 04, 04 3:31 pm

[A]HDS wrote:um- i translated
english, romanian, french, german :?

rest- i suck

I think it is a bit early to start translation work. I will contact you as soon as I will need your help.
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby Jeoh » Fri Jun 04, 04 4:26 pm

Ded, the earlier you start, the less work it is.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Ded » Fri Jun 04, 04 5:31 pm

[A] GeneralKawada wrote:Ded, the earlier you start, the less work it is.

Dae won't start translating 2027 to english until all convos will be done and all voice-acting work complete.
You will have not much work as Dae, because you will only need to correct english texts.
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby Jeoh » Sat Jun 05, 04 5:25 am

Ded wrote:If you want to help, then post what you can do, what skills level you have and a link to some screens of your last work.

Hehe you have my work d00d! It's dazza here, man i can't be bothered making an account. Oh well. :P
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Ded » Sat Jun 05, 04 5:41 am

Anonymous wrote:
Ded wrote:If you want to help, then post what you can do, what skills level you have and a link to some screens of your last work.

Hehe you have my work d00d! It's dazza here, man i can't be bothered making an account. Oh well. :P

Ooo, I see now 8)
Well, I don't need mapper right now because I prefer doing all mapping work myself.
P.s. Your bar level was just really good.
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby Dazza » Sat Jun 05, 04 6:09 am

By the way Ded, since I helped you do you think you could help me with my mod? :wink:
I need help with making weather. Rain lightning, so on and so fourth...
Dazza

Postby Ded » Sat Jun 05, 04 7:25 am

Dazza wrote:By the way Ded, since I helped you do you think you could help me with my mod? :wink:
I need help with making weather. Rain lightning, so on and so fourth...

Not now. I have exams until the middle of july.
++I won't give my weather system to anyone. It is the of the 2027's big tech secrets 8)
If you need rain you can use rainmod, however it is very simple and lagging one.
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby Jeoh » Wed Oct 27, 04 3:51 pm

Hey hAx0r here ,

Just asking When you do officialy release this mod it is rightfull property of Eidios Interactive isnt it?

~Haxor
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Jeoh » Wed Oct 27, 04 4:20 pm

No.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Jeoh » Thu Oct 28, 04 9:50 am

why not it is look in copyright
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Marouku » Thu Oct 28, 04 11:38 am

Anonymous wrote:why not it is look in copyright

Deus Ex is copyright Eidos, but the large-scale mods for it are not.
ImageImage
Marouku
Forum Super Hero

Postby Dae » Thu Oct 28, 04 2:04 pm

Anonymous wrote:why not it is look in copyright

What? 2027 is a property of Ded and IH, not Eidos or Ion Storm, lol.

Deus Ex is copyright Eidos, but the large-scale mods for it are not.

Deus Ex was copyrighted by Ion Storm and Eidos. Ion Storm made it, not Eidos! And Ion Storm didn't make any mods, so, large-scale, or tiny-scale - all the mods are property of their authors.
Dae
Alpha

Translator

Postby DeusEx2345 » Sat Jan 29, 05 6:18 pm

I'm a huge deus ex fan as well as pretty damn good with the english language, so hit me back with an answer at mysticalan@yahoo.com
DeusEx2345

Postby Tsukasa Nishino » Sat Jan 29, 05 6:24 pm

Um... how can someone take credit for something they haven't even been told of, not to mention lay hands to do the work :? basically its like cheating on a test and handing it in as your own. In other words, Ion Storm and Eidos can't take it as their property becuz they're not notified of this project and haven't send workers to help.
Tsukasa Nishino
Master

Postby Bob » Sat Jan 29, 05 6:44 pm

But without them there would be no dx mods, hence we thank them
Bob
Forum God

Postby DarkKnight » Sun Jan 30, 05 5:23 am

~[A]Bob~ wrote:But without them there would be no dx mods, hence we thank them

But are under no obligation to give them rights over teh work.

DuesEx as a whole is their property, by modding it you are not violating the copyright because you are destributing the mod, not DX. If you where to change anything like DuesEx.DLL, then you would be in breach, but still not need to give them whole credit.

It's as stupid as a certian person saying that JB would go to prision because he modded DX. :lol:
I'm a lover, that's why I do this posting.
I don't need the forum,
I do it to save you ignorant bastards from your self.
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby AlexDenton » Sun Jan 30, 05 4:18 pm

stevie is right

but, looking at it on a much simpler level

if Ion Storm DIDN'T want us to mod the game, why then did they release the SDK??
Hey! Hey, Guys! Check My Girlfriend's Rack!
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby kBo » Sun Jan 30, 05 11:51 pm

Poont by Marco's intellect.
"Phreaking doesn't exist. It's an abstract concept that is blindly supported by the collective consciousness of a flakey subculture. You saw nothing."
kBo
Master

Postby Jeoh » Tue Apr 05, 05 5:55 pm

Mods are not owned by the creators. Technically Eidos *does* own the rights to any works created using their tools.

Only on paper of course, and none of that comes into effect unless for some reason somebody tried to sell their mod.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby AlexDenton » Tue Apr 05, 05 8:19 pm

is there a, you know, time limit as to how long Eidos's ownership of modifications is valid for?

*think os selling copies of The Novosibirsk Conspiracy :twisted: :twisted: *
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby Dae » Tue Apr 05, 05 8:30 pm

Anonymous wrote:Mods are not owned by the creators. Technically Eidos *does* own the rights to any works created using their tools.

Only on paper of course, and none of that comes into effect unless for some reason somebody tried to sell their mod.

If I wrote a poem, is it now owned by a manufacturer of a pencil and a paper chit?
We have our full rights to sell our mod.
And Eidos isn't the creator of a UnrealEd, Eidos produced the game, Ion Storm created, and Epic Games made the tools and engine itself.
Dae
Alpha

Postby AlexDenton » Tue Apr 05, 05 8:32 pm

are you sure?

you had better check up on the legality of actually making any Mod commercial lawl

cos you may well be breaking la lei
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby Dae » Tue Apr 05, 05 8:56 pm

AlexDenton wrote:are you sure?
you had better check up on the legality of actually making any Mod commercial lawl
cos you may well be breaking la lei

I'm sure. Watch my 'poem' example.
Its a nonsense.
Dae
Alpha

Postby AlexDenton » Tue Apr 05, 05 8:58 pm

but this is the equivalent to taking a poem... and adding on an extra verse, and then claiming it as your work
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby Ozzy » Tue Apr 05, 05 9:28 pm

AlexDenton wrote:but this is the equivalent to taking a poem... and adding on an extra verse, and then claiming it as your work

very true, you cannot sell your mod because it uses an engine you haven't payed for, but if you buy an engine and then make your mod in that (removing all Deus Ex content) then it's alright.
This is fair because otherwise you would be making money out of other peoples work, even though it could be mostly your work as in Ded's (the legends) case.
Ozzy

Postby Jeoh » Tue Apr 05, 05 11:35 pm

DEUS EX SDK LICENSE AGREEMENT

Installation and use of this software constitutes agreement to the terms of this license so please carefully read its terms. If you don't agree with anything in it please delete this software from your hard drive.

This software accompanying this license remains the copyrighted property of Ion Storm and Eidos Interactive. You are entitled to use this product for your own use, but may not modify, recompile, reverse engineer, sell, rent, or lease this software to anyone else without the prior written consent of Ion Storm and Eidos Interactive.

Your license to use this software will automatically terminate immediately without receiving notice from Ion Storm and Eidos Interactive, if you fail to comply with anything in this license, you agree to destroy this software and documentation upon termination of this license.

You may use this software to create or modify levels for use with the game Deus Ex (henceforth referred to as "levels") subject to these restrictions:

Any levels you create can only work with the full, legal version of Deus Ex.

Your levels cannot contain any modifications or changes to any executable file included in this distribution or those distributed with Deus Ex.

Your levels cannot contain any illegal, trademarked, or copyrighted materials unless you obtain written consent of the trademark or copyright holders.

Any levels you create and distribute must contain your name and email address and must be distributed with a readme file that contain this sentence, "This level was not made and is not supported by Ion Storm and Eidos Interactive."

Your levels must be distributed free of charge. Neither you nor anyone else may sell, rent, lease or commercially exploit these levels in any way. You may only exchange them at no charge to licensed users of Deus Ex.

When you publicly distribute your level you automatically grant Ion Storm and/or Eidos Interactive the perpetual, royalty free right to use, modify, license and distribute your level in any way we choose.

You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the level editor is at your sole risk. This software and documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any. Further this software is "UNSUPPORTED" by either Ion Storm or Eidos Interactive. At no time will agents or employees be required to provide the end-user assistance with the installation, configuration or operation of this software.

Under no circumstances including negligence shall Ion Storm, Eidos Interactive or their Directors, officers employees or agents can be held liable for any incidental, special, consequential or any other damages that may result from the use or inability to use this software. Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so these limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. In no event shall our total liability to you for any damages, losses, and causes of action exceed the amount paid by you for this software. If any portion of this license is unenforceable, the remaining portion shall remain in effect.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Dae » Wed Apr 06, 05 9:19 am

Hmmm didnt know :) Never read license agreement in my life 8)

Right we cannot sell the mod then legally - i wasn't right (but sure we will do illegally in russian Invisible Hand DVD edition with DX2, 3 versions of DX1, all released mods (Zodiac, Hotel Carone, Cassandra and etc) and other stuff for only $6.- (3.5 pounds)) :lol: Noone cares about it.

But as i see, the mod keeps being our copyrighted work even if Ion Storm and/or Eidos may do anything it wants to do.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 06, 05 4:06 pm

Ion Storm nor Eidos has copyright over DX anymore, do as you please with it.
Flip
Poster

Postby Jeoh » Wed Apr 06, 05 6:30 pm

Flip wrote:Ion Storm nor Eidos has copyright over DX anymore, do as you please with it.

What exactly do you base that on?
Jeoh
Forum Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Project 2027