The Perks System

Project: 2027 modification discussion. Download it now!

Moderator: Ded

The Perks System

Postby James » Tue May 08, 07 10:13 am

It's no secret that one of new innovations in 2027 is a system of perks. Below I will describe it in detail.

A perk in 2027 — is a skill, which you can get after attaining a new level of a character. A player gets them in linear order: from left to right — i.e. to get a perk from the right part one has to get all the perks located to the left. Perks are divided into classes (one for each line of the table): “Warrior”, “Technician” and “Medic”. A player doing an average walkthrough may get enough experience points to attain 5–6 perks. There are links between the classes, so you can develop a versatile character. Let's see what perks there are:

“Warrior”:
  • Damage received to hands doesn't lower the accuracy (until you lose a hand completely).
  • A perk, which allows to attach grenades to portable bots. When a bot is destroyed, the grenade detonates.
  • A player may equip pistols (even different types) in both hands.
    The perk isn't finished completely — feel free to suggest!

“Technician”:
  • Auto regeneration of energy.
  • Adds an ability to recharge energy from a portable bot.
  • A player may pick up ammunition of a destroyed bot.
  • A player may connect to any bot and receive energy from it (though small size bots may use up energy and stop).

“Medic”:
  • A player is less vulnerable to fire, toxins and doesn't feel shell-shocks.
  • A player may heal themselves using a portable bot.
  • Gives increase of effectiveness when using augmentation upgrades and bio cells.
  • Health points are automatically regenerated.

Classes are positioned in a way, so a player who does an average walkthrough without doing any additional missions can't develop a character with all the perks of 2–3 classes. You'll have to choose: either to develop a fighter with some technical knowledge or a technician who actively uses advantages of portable bots or a medic, who gains from advanced usage of augmentations and who can heal himself. In conjunction with the new systems of skills and augmentations and non-linear goals, it's expected that players will be more interested to replay the mod.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Tue May 08, 07 10:28 am

I'd like to suggest a few things for the "Warrior" perk.

First of all, the term "warrior" sounds abit too medieval for the setting, I would suggest "Marksman" but that would only apply for guns. After a 3 minute think I suggest these titles "Commando", "Aggressor", "Counter Force" or "Sweeper".

I think you should develop the "Warrior" as a fighting style that can be used as backup to counter or ambush the enemy when you really need it, the explosive portable bot and steady accuracy when your hands are being damaged. If I were to suggest a new perk I would suggest you take away the akimbo style wielding, and invole 2 perks that are related to melee and reload time.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Tue May 08, 07 11:14 am

"Warrior" is my stylistic mistake in translation and "Commando" sounds good, though people might confuse it with MJ12 Commandos. Melee and reload time are already controlled by either skills or augmentations, I think.
Dae
Alpha

Postby James » Tue May 08, 07 11:16 am

Well I mean something abnormal, like the ability to throw some weapons or combine household items to make a better weapon. ("rod of wood + knive = makeshift spear" routine)
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Tue May 08, 07 1:38 pm

I have thought of more titles, "Enforcer", "Paladin", "Fury", "Rage", "Groo" and "Kira" (Japanese for killer?)
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Tue May 08, 07 1:45 pm

Inferno wrote:Well I mean something abnormal, like the ability to throw some weapons or combine household items to make a better weapon. ("rod of wood + knive = makeshift spear" routine)

*cough* REO/REOF2 *cough*
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Tue May 08, 07 1:53 pm

WELL DUH. But this is repeated in some other games of course!, sticks and spear heads are a trademark of Neanderthal men, not Capcom.
Last edited by James on Tue May 08, 07 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Tue May 08, 07 9:17 pm

LOL and they had flamethrower pesticide sprays back then 8)
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Tue May 08, 07 9:42 pm

Yeh, Mario!
LMAO
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby kitethefallenangel » Tue Aug 21, 07 7:04 pm

Your name ideas for the Warriors perk are dumb. (Can't think of a proper answer, it's all I can say)

I think Warrior sounds miles better. Besides, Marksmen and commandoes are "Warriors" aswell. Duh?

As for the perks: Can those skills be upgradable like the perk when you can dual wield pistols, how about upgrading that skill to dual wield SMG's, to shotguns and onto heavier weapons?

Further more, I would suggest having a fourth class which would be
"Thief" which involves Stealth and pickpocketing.
kitethefallenangel

Postby Kaiden » Tue Aug 21, 07 10:00 pm

Your name ideas for the Warriors perk are dumb

Dumb is such a harsh word lol.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Aug 22, 07 12:25 am

kitethefallenangel wrote:Your name ideas for the Warriors perk are dumb. (Can't think of a proper answer, it's all I can say)

I think Warrior sounds miles better. Besides, Marksmen and commandoes are "Warriors" aswell. Duh?

I'm sorry, lets call him a warrior in Russia in the year 2027.
Lets give him a sword and plate armour and run him around on a fucking steed.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Return to Project 2027