Deus Ex endings

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

What ending did you choose?

Illuminati ending
13%
Dark Age ending
35%
Helios ending
52%

Total votes : 23

Deus Ex endings

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sat Nov 03, 07 10:47 pm

As we all know, on the last map we are able to choose the ending of DX. I was thinking a lot about what would I do if I was JC and had to decide about the future of the world.

Illuminati ending
An option is joining Illuminati by killing Bob Page and letting Stanton Down and Morgan Everett to rule the entire world. (The primary aim of Illuminati has always been getting total control over the world.)
But why would be a good choice to let Illuminati get that power? It would be another Majestic 12, another invisible hand over the world. It wasn't really freedom, nothing would really change. (Fact, there wouldn't be soldiers and military bots, scaring the shit out of people but who knows? Illuminati could not ever be stopped.) I think that giving powers to Illuminati wouldn't be a wise decision.

Dark age ending
Another option is destroying Area51 and killing the global communication. I don't think it would be a wise choice because it would cause chaos, panic and destrucion. I think Tracer Tong believes that this Dark Age would "clean up the shit that people have done in this world" if you know what I mean. In my opinion the world has improved too much and still people are not wise enough to understand what is happening. A dark age would apparently kill the world and the civilization. So no, I'm not going to destroy Area51.

Helios ending
The aim of Helios is the same as the Illuminati's: Taking control over the world. But Helios is very different from the Illuminati. Helios was programmed to keep balance and justice in the world. While Illuminati wants the power itself, Helios wants safe and balanced life for mankind which sounds pretty cool for me. By merging with JC, he could have enough power to complete his aim. I'm asking myself: "Why should I trust Helios? What if he's lying?" I don't know for sure but I think that the plans of Helios sound better than a Dark Age or a corrupt world with corrupt leaders and it worth the risk to merge with him for saving our world.

I have chosen to merge with Helios and I believe that our real future will be very similar. Helios said very well about computers. We depend on them. I think the same. Letting a perfect machine to do what politicians and other important people do would bring us balance and justice, a peaceful world without problems, a paradise.

What ending did you choose? Why? What's your opinion?
Last edited by ~SaSQuAtCH~ on Sat Nov 03, 07 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Baleout » Sat Nov 03, 07 10:55 pm

The Helios ending is the actual one that happens and goes in to DX3. I did it because it seemed to be the best one, and appeared easiest to do.
Baleout
Master

Postby Mastakilla » Sat Nov 03, 07 11:08 pm

To be honest, people who start with Multiplayer aren't really gonna play Single Player anymore, and if they do they probably already know the ending from friends or other people...
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Sat Nov 03, 07 11:25 pm

Helios is the main focus of the sequel, but everything happened regardless.

Kaiden, do not split posts in something that doesn't need a spoiler tag, seeing as it does say ending.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Sat Nov 03, 07 11:26 pm

He asked me to!
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sat Nov 03, 07 11:28 pm

Noone asked you to change the topic title to [spoilers] as I know.

Back on topic: Please, those who vote tell me why they voted that :(
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby James » Sat Nov 03, 07 11:28 pm

Who the hell would want to discuss or read about the ending anywho when there is nothing to come of it?

And why is there spoilers in the first post yet he told me to get rid of mine? 8)
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sat Nov 03, 07 11:31 pm

Lol I posted what I think happened and asked others what they think, what ending they chose and why :wink:
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby James » Sat Nov 03, 07 11:31 pm

But why?, it was on topic with Baleout's post.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sat Nov 03, 07 11:33 pm

I did not delete a thing! I asked Kaiden to delete the posts that were off-topic! :shock:
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby James » Sat Nov 03, 07 11:34 pm

Thats what I mean.
You have no right to even say or discuss that when they're trees related to the subject of the ending, I could just say lock this thread and throw it away seeing as this has got to be the 4th one related to ending choosing discussion, so play smart.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Allan » Sat Nov 03, 07 11:53 pm

I chose the dance party ending.
Allan
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun Nov 04, 07 2:43 am

I've always chosen the Helios Ending because it just seems right. It's also the one which is chosen for DX:IW.

The Dark Age Ending LOOKS cool, but in real life, billions of people would just be fucked if it had happened - even Tracer Tong in the game would be. So it just seems like it's one of those ideas that you think of on the 'spur of the moment.'

As for the Illuminati? Fuck that shit. Apparently they already want an NWO in real life (if they even actually do exist) and WHY would you WANT someone to control everyone and everything? Also, if you play DX:IW you'd already know that the Illuminati fucked things over on it.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Alex » Sun Nov 04, 07 9:57 am

OOoooooooooooooooh for fucks sake man! Why didn't you place something like "SPOILERS!" in your fucking topic title? Now you fucking ruined it for me, thanks.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sun Nov 04, 07 10:23 am

haha i dloaded dx:iw so i can finally try it out :)
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby ~[ß]iohazardous~ » Sun Nov 04, 07 3:33 pm

i dunno you guys but ages ago when i was playing the last level of dx there were another ending " kill bob page " but was impossible and i didn't tried it.

anyway, helios ending is my fauvorite, what it said sounded more correct for the humanity though i don't like see jc glowing and with the voice of a smoker
~[ß]iohazardous~
Poster

Postby Survive. » Sun Nov 04, 07 3:47 pm

I think I might start playing DXSP again :lol:
Survive.
Master

Postby Snakey » Sun Nov 04, 07 4:16 pm

I tried them all, but the Helios one I did first.
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sun Nov 04, 07 4:54 pm

I made up my own ending. Killed myself with a GEP gun because I could not handle the responsibility.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Survive. » Sun Nov 04, 07 4:56 pm

Is there anything about a Nuclear Plant o'r something?
Survive.
Master

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Nov 04, 07 6:48 pm

Alex wrote:I made up my own ending. Killed myself with a GEP gun because I could not handle the responsibility.

That's the right thing to do.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Survive. » Sun Nov 04, 07 6:58 pm

Who is the one that said, they did all of Deus Ex on Realistic with a Combat Knive? Lol
Survive.
Master

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Nov 04, 07 8:02 pm

I did.

God mode ftw.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Alex » Sun Nov 04, 07 8:04 pm

MastaKilla wrote:
Alex wrote:I made up my own ending. Killed myself with a GEP gun because I could not handle the responsibility.

That's the right thing to do.

Ye? I was still thinking "Should I just type 'killall actor' or blow myself up with a GEP gun'. I eventually chose for the GEP gun.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sun Nov 04, 07 8:49 pm

~[ß]iohazardous~ wrote:i dunno you guys but ages ago when i was playing the last level of dx there were another ending " kill bob page " but was impossible and i didn't tried it.

It is the Illuminati ending. Your task is to kill Bob Page by shutting those blue things down. There's another way tho.

¤[ß2S]¤Sürvívë wrote:Who is the one that said, they did all of Deus Ex on Realistic with a Combat Knive? Lol

As I remember Majin said such thing somewhere. :shock:
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby rob » Sun Nov 04, 07 9:55 pm

Allan wrote:I chose the dance party ending.

yeh what is that all about lol?
________
Gift cards
Last edited by rob on Fri Feb 18, 11 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob
Regular

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Nov 04, 07 10:43 pm

OMG! Yes! I forgot about the dance party :(
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby {17}~Rob~ » Mon Nov 05, 07 10:40 am

I always had a soft spot for "lenny"
http://www.clan-17.co.uk

[DX-ST]DJ wrote:why my enemys ran away?

MASTAKILLA wrote:I want a parrot and teach it to talk dirty to me when I wank
{17}~Rob~
Poster

Postby Allan » Mon Nov 05, 07 2:11 pm

Did saving Miguel actually help with ANYTHING?! :o
Allan