Most emotional/dramatic part of Deus Ex 1.

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Most emotional/dramatic part of Deus Ex 1.

Postby Tonnochi » Wed Dec 05, 07 10:39 pm

Not a lot of emotional scenes, but I'd say when JC is talking to Shannon when he's leaving UNATCO.

Dramatic? Dark Age Ending (with the music)
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 05, 07 10:49 pm

Emotional scene: When JC dies.
Dramatic: When JC dies.
Alex
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Dec 05, 07 10:52 pm

Emotional: Bob Page over the com link in Area 51, when you meet the guy responsible for the death of your parents. I had so much hate and pierced him like the fist of the north star with my DTS.

Dramatic: If you let the doctors daughter die before Submarine base.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Baleout » Thu Dec 06, 07 12:20 am

If Jock dies.
Finding out about your parents.
Baleout
Master

Postby Tonnochi » Thu Dec 06, 07 12:49 am

I only discovered Jock's death last year. Very sad..
Last edited by Tonnochi on Thu Dec 06, 07 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Dec 06, 07 4:31 am

I think there's several for me. In order of sequence.

1. Jock dying... this actually REALLY sucked for me. Because, Jock is my favourite NPC on Deus Ex. Naturally, he never died EVER again lol... Fucking stupid mechanic. HOW YOU LIKE FUCKING LAM ON YOUR FACE MUTHA FUCKA?!

2. Page saying he killed your parents... Sick son of a bitch. This is why I REALLY wanted an option to have a last boss fight sort of thing lol. Have the normal endings but then one where you could release him or something and fucking give it too him - Or wait for him to fuse with Helios then knife the fucker just to add salt to the wound lol. I think cheats might be needed for that though lol.

3. The Dark Age Ending. The Helios Ending is the best IMO, but the Dark Age Ending is my favourite because it looks cool and I like the dramatic and emotional feel to it.

And, finally. Does this make us a bunch of pussies? For getting emo and dramatical over a game?

EDIT: Smuggler would be my first one though I've only ever gotten him to die once and I have NO idea how the fuck it happened. I fucking WARNED him about fucking Gunther and he STILL fucking died...
Last edited by Mr. Tastix on Thu Dec 06, 07 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Dec 06, 07 10:01 am

Got another one after watching Zeitgeist's "Allegiance" video. I'd edit my post, but can't. So please don't blame me for the fucking double post...

1. JC finding out UNATCO take fucking payoffs. Only good thing that comes from that is I get to put a bullet in Manderly's head. Oh, and Simons (eventually)...
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby James » Thu Dec 06, 07 10:01 am

And, finally. Does this make us a bunch of pussies? For getting emo and dramatical over a game?

Everyone is allowed to be emotional again now, seeing as they're all "brutal and tough" now. :/
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Dec 06, 07 11:08 am

Yeah, well I wouldn't call me the spitting image of "brutal and tough." More like "weak and nerdy." The typical guy who sits on his ass in front of a screen all night doing god knows what (if you hadn't noticed, that's me in a nutshell).
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby James » Thu Dec 06, 07 11:50 am

lol they're all into 'death' metal now, except its not death metal.

And to be honest, I'm a huge comp nerd too hahaha, I love my PC but I know I don't need it, its just fun.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Dec 06, 07 12:26 pm

Difference with me is I do need it. I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!!! Kidding, I need it because I don't think websites are made using REAL notepads lol.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Siva » Thu Dec 06, 07 2:32 pm

Emotional ey? On my first Playthrough (I was 9), I wanted to cry when I discovered Paul's dead body. I think I twatted everyone and everything in that entire facility that could die. I specifically remember shooting every shell I had at the nearest nurse.

Dramatic ey? Walton Simons. Just walking through, tra-la-la, everything's awwwwright and there he appears, with his god damn Plasma Rifle.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby James » Thu Dec 06, 07 2:48 pm

Yeah Simmon's always pissed me off, with his perfectly executed villian's sidekick attitude always hinting the truth and being a powerhouse when you fight.
Surprisingly, I ain't fought him properly more than once, I'm afraid of Simmons' plasma splash so I run like fuck.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Allan » Thu Dec 06, 07 3:07 pm

LTKJAY wrote:Yeah Simmon's always pissed me off, with his perfectly executed villian's sidekick attitude always hinting the truth and being a powerhouse when you fight.
Surprisingly, I ain't fought him properly more than once, I'm afraid of Simmons' plasma splash so I run like fuck.

1x well placed HE round will have him running for the hills. Or cloaked, which makes you more or less fucked in A51 Bunker.

As for emotional things, I'd peg the scene with the AI prototype as one of the good ones. That, and the scene you get where you fail to save that girl in the Vandenburg Gas station.
Allan
Alpha

Postby James » Thu Dec 06, 07 3:08 pm

HE?

The only explosive that should be used on a enemy is the WP rocket, anything else is too easy or over too quick. I love to make them suffer, burn them, blind them, burn them.
Last edited by James on Thu Dec 06, 07 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Alex » Thu Dec 06, 07 3:11 pm

I was really touched by the part that those dobermann's came running at you welcoming you home.
Untill they started to chew on my legs.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Allan » Thu Dec 06, 07 3:18 pm

LTKJAY wrote:I love to make them suffer, burn them, blind them, burn them.

That -is- jolly good fun.

Say, did anyone ever manage to make it out of that barricaded area where you fight Gunther, and losing sends you to MJ12?
Allan
Alpha

Postby James » Thu Dec 06, 07 3:19 pm

Yes, its nothing special.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Dec 06, 07 4:56 pm

I cheated to do that lol. Gunther will kill you anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Though when you're 20 ft above the fucker he can't do squat!

I HATED Simon because of his Plasma lol... scared the fuck out of me. I did kill him in both areas though. In the sub-base I kept jumping on those big collapsed pillar things. Mainly to get away from the fucking Greasels/Karkians lol.

I actually had replayed so many times I know where Simons stands so I go through door, load game, blow fucker up.He dies. I laugh. With Area51 I basically do the same thing but it's in open area so Speed Aug is easier to implement lol.

Also, I HATED the trans-genics... Sure they graphics were SHIT and they're just coloured pixels, but they scared the fuck out of me. Especially the Grays in Area51 because you KNOW they're there but you don't know where the fuck they are (in that foggy bit). I've barely finished the game because of that (Dark Age Ending was hard because of it lol).
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby synthetic » Sat Dec 08, 07 10:54 pm

I felt very uncomfortable when put into position where I had to kill Anna, both when I chose to (plane), and when I had to (keys).

Most dramatic was the brother dead on the table..

I really enjoyed deus ex back in the day so there was plenty of drama there.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun Dec 09, 07 2:50 am

Paul never died for me. I never allowed it. I'd always help him kill the MiB and UNATCO troops. If I died, I'd reload. Simple. I ALWAYS waited until he had left the Ton.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Roven » Sun Dec 09, 07 3:01 am

Same.

Most emotional was the nice ending, the dark age ending, though it probably caused mass chaos, it was nice to see a lot of polluting technology go.

I killed Simons with a LAM and went on my way after I caught him in the corner of my eye, back off and tossed it correctly. :D
Roven
Poster

Postby Tonnochi » Sun Dec 09, 07 3:07 am

~Psychotic~ wrote:Paul never died for me. I never allowed it. I'd always help him kill the MiB and UNATCO troops. If I died, I'd reload. Simple. I ALWAYS waited until he had left the Ton.

The funny thing I did is before I talked to him I opened up his bookcase and when the conversation was over, I got in and closed it. After the MiBs and the raid team were done I helped him downstairs though.

BTW, it's hilarious to let JoJo live during that. He runs around like a headless chicken.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun Dec 09, 07 3:35 am

LOL. Gunna try that JoJo thing. The bookcase trick I usually do lol. I have actually saved Paul from the Ton and killed everyone in the streets successfully lol.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby synthetic » Sun Dec 09, 07 3:52 pm

~Psychotic~ wrote:Paul never died for me. I never allowed it. I'd always help him kill the MiB and UNATCO troops. If I died, I'd reload. Simple. I ALWAYS waited until he had left the Ton.

Thats nice. So you load back half the friggin game to make sure your brother is not dead? See, not everybody have 100 saves and know about the stupid window trigger.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Sun Dec 09, 07 4:39 pm

User wrote:Thats nice. So you load back half the friggin game to make sure your brother is not dead? See, not everybody have 100 saves and know about the stupid window trigger.

I think Psychotic meant that when he died during the fight in Ton Hotel, he reloaded the saves, and so forth until he assured that Paul escaped.
Dae
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sun Dec 09, 07 5:10 pm

I never allowed Paul to kill anyone, I block him in his room and tranq/gas/stun/beat unconscious everyone before letting him loose...

Most emotional moment? Assisting the suicide of Lucius de Beers...
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Sun Dec 09, 07 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby James » Sun Dec 09, 07 6:23 pm

Bah, Beers needed it, I felt compassion and mercy in it.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Dec 09, 07 7:37 pm

Dae[A] wrote:
User wrote:Thats nice. So you load back half the friggin game to make sure your brother is not dead? See, not everybody have 100 saves and know about the stupid window trigger.

I think Psychotic meant that when he died during the fight in Ton Hotel, he reloaded the saves, and so forth until he assured that Paul escaped.

I tried that as well, sometimes I reloaded when Paul disappeared (he did that quite often there, leaving me with 300 troops), and then when all was well and Paul was alive and kicking, id go out through the back as I had prepared the route through there :D

So first game he simply died, while I did everything to make sure hes alive through the second game.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Dec 09, 07 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby ArGoRoK » Sun Dec 09, 07 9:35 pm

The games programed in a way in that part so if you exit through the window, even if you killed every single trooper in the building and see paul is still alive if your lucky, coz for some reason he does seem to disappear. If you exit through the window he will be dead no matter what.

To save all that hastle i just deliberately get my self killed in the hotel, unless you want to kill Anna Navara early, coz you will end up in the MJ12 lab anyway, even if you get to Gunther, and it will guarentee Paul will be alive.
ArGoRoK

Next

Return to Deus Ex