Escaping from the Sub Base

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Escaping from the Sub Base

Postby Baleout » Mon Sep 22, 08 8:19 pm

I kill/run past Walton Simons, but the door leading out of the room is locked with INF lock and strength. It wasn't locked when I came in through that way. Is there a key I have missed? Or another way out? D=
Baleout
Master

Postby Dex » Mon Sep 22, 08 11:21 pm

I had the same problem. Don't know why, but I didn't find a solution to open those doors... So I quit the game and started the first mission again since I didn't have a closer save game. I only went for quick saves.
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Bezza » Tue Sep 23, 08 9:50 am

Doesn't opensesame work?
Bezza
Poster

Postby Dex » Tue Sep 23, 08 10:02 am

It'd be cheating...
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Sep 23, 08 12:00 pm

Can you upload a screenshot please?
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Baleout » Tue Sep 23, 08 4:17 pm

It's the door partially submerged in water, after the "checkpoint" with the zappy electricity and computer.

I tried to chase Walton Simons and get him to open it, but he wouldn't go into the water :(
Baleout
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Sep 23, 08 4:56 pm

Try watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjPbaJrKIpU (paying more attention to what he does after the Walton Simons scene then the non-lethal attitude he takes, which is still pretty awesome IMO). Watch from about 6 minutes in.

If the door I think you're talking about it locked, and it shouldn't be, then it's possibly a glitch and you'll have to reload the game or start from that level again, if you can (and, on the off-chance it is a glitch, can I please get a screenshot? xD).
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Baleout » Tue Sep 23, 08 5:32 pm

Yeah, it's the door he goes through at 6:27. I guess I'll opensesame it.

... Or maybe I could get the diver on the other side to open it for me...
Last edited by Baleout on Tue Sep 23, 08 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baleout
Master

Postby Baleout » Tue Sep 23, 08 8:28 pm

... OK that didn't work, so I just did opensesame...

The bug is that the levels don't save what you did previously, and are reset to exactly what they were when you came into the sub base. So, that door is locked, all items and enemies are back, and the elevator out of the submarine hangar is in the wrong place (I had to ghost up the shaft). Even worse, Jock's helicopter is just hovering above the start point instead of where it is supposed to be for the mission end, so I can't complete the objective ;_; I guess I have to start the entire level again :(

Also, are you supposed to give Tracer Tong his cure before you go to the sub base?
Baleout
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Sep 23, 08 10:41 pm

No, after. When you go to Command so you can watch Icarus and Daedalus merge lol. Then when you leave with Jock you see Tracer Tong and shit and then you leave lol.

That glitch is fucked, incredibly annoying. I believe it's happened to me at one point. Yeah, you'll have to start again. I had to restart the game because I didn't want to cheat and I got used to the Quick Save button too much lol.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Return to Deus Ex