MODZ vs NORMAL DEUS EX

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

MODZ?

ye m7
13
39%
gtfo
12
36%
wut?
8
24%
 
Total votes : 33

MODZ vs NORMAL DEUS EX

Postby Alistair » Wed Mar 24, 10 11:12 pm

Just getting a general consensus. Well not really as most people on this forum are modders. :] trillbeet
Last edited by Alistair on Wed Mar 24, 10 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Alistair
Forum Hero
 
Posts: 2575
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 05 2:02 pm
Location: England, UK

Postby ~DJ~ » Thu Mar 25, 10 1:15 am

Deus Ex SP is fun.

But when you've finished, played around.. many more times.. you'll get "kinda" bored.


So the only thing in mind comes is YE M7 for modz.

YEAH.
User avatar
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero
 
Posts: 3765
Joined: Tue May 22, 07 12:23 pm

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Mar 25, 10 2:47 am

I voted "gtfo" for some reason, I mean "ye m7" lol. I love mods for Deus Ex but I've played the original game heaps now and still love it.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
User avatar
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend
 
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 05 6:10 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby ynnaD » Thu Mar 25, 10 12:01 pm

original dx da best
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
User avatar
ynnaD
Forum Legend
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 04 8:43 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby clyzm » Sun Mar 28, 10 10:43 pm

original
Image
User avatar
clyzm
Forum Master God
 
Posts: 16023
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 04 2:48 am
Location: Chiraq

Postby Survive. » Sun Mar 28, 10 10:52 pm

Original is the best.

But gota love a bit of DXAG. Loved those weekly games vs [A] :D
User avatar
Survive.
Master
 
Posts: 1573
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 05 2:25 pm
Location: Uk, Wales

Postby ~Blade~ » Wed May 05, 10 9:18 pm

Many of the MODZ I've seen are really rubbish, whilst others are very good.
Summing it up...I'd definitely go for NORMAL DEUS EX.
THC
Well go grab a baseball bat and do something about it.
~Blade~
Wannabe
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 10 7:11 pm

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Wed May 05, 10 9:33 pm

The fact that Unreal Engine is so easy to customize makes the creation of amazing mods possible. DXSG, MainMan's City, RPG City are all great achievements but normal auged games are awesome aswell. I couldn't compare current DXMP to any other game with all its mods and epic community. DXMP ftw.
User avatar
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 07 8:29 pm

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Fri May 07, 10 9:05 am

MOD FOR DA WIN
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
User avatar
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha
 
Posts: 2520
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 04 3:20 pm
Location: Proclarush Taonas

Postby atrey65789 » Tue Apr 03, 12 2:26 am

Modz.. of Course!!! No brainer
-A
atrey65789
Regular
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 11 3:02 pm

Postby James » Mon May 07, 12 6:39 am

Original. I've beat the game either 19 or 20 times and I'm content with using no (or as little as possible) gameplay altering modifications because it soils the experience.

If you can have fun over and over with a videogame without needing new content, that means it is a strong videogame and you're capable of making your own fun.
I am dead.
User avatar
James
Alpha
 
Posts: 28876
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 03 9:14 pm
Location: Home

Postby Psychotic » Mon May 07, 12 7:30 am

I played the original campaign upwards of 15 times without the use of mods, then I started using Biomod which fixed a lot of annoying issues, strange unknown issues and fixed a few balancing issues and just made the game more fun for me in general.

I don't actually like the idea of games being designed with modding in mind, to be honest. I like the idea of giving a game modding support straight out of the box but I do not like how some games may be purposely designed in a half-ass manner because the developers know that the modding community will pick up their slack (*cough*Bethesda*cough*).
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."

Randomtastic Island: Beards, booze and bombs.
User avatar
Psychotic
Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 12 1:54 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Psycho » Mon May 07, 12 10:46 am

Mod cos MP is a mod.
User avatar
Psycho
Forum Hero
 
Posts: 2598
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 04 11:00 am
Location: North Wales

Postby James » Mon May 07, 12 10:47 am

Prefering DXMP to DX? HEHE
I am dead.
User avatar
James
Alpha
 
Posts: 28876
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 03 9:14 pm
Location: Home

Postby Psycho » Mon May 07, 12 8:02 pm

I never completed DX SP :oops:
User avatar
Psycho
Forum Hero
 
Posts: 2598
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 04 11:00 am
Location: North Wales

Postby Tantalus » Mon May 07, 12 11:11 pm

I'd rather have an amazing story, innovative gameplay mechanics, fun-as-hell replayability than a plethora of shitty (sorry community) and a few awesome mods.


Remember, without SP, there's no inspiration for the mods.
Signatures are dumb.

Image
User avatar
Tantalus
Forum Super Hero
 
Posts: 4074
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 08 1:23 am
Location: Bicycle Land

Postby Psychotic » Mon May 07, 12 11:36 pm

Honestly, when you say "plethora of shitty [mods]" it's really hard to disagree, but it's like that with every game.

Any game with a bunch of mods has it's few rare gems. The "diamonds" of the games community. For the most part though, everything else is just plain crap where-in you question how the creator ever thought it was a good idea.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."

Randomtastic Island: Beards, booze and bombs.
User avatar
Psychotic
Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 12 1:54 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby James » Tue May 08, 12 8:26 am

DXMP is really bad as far as original and other FPS MP videogames go, even at the time.
I am dead.
User avatar
James
Alpha
 
Posts: 28876
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 03 9:14 pm
Location: Home

Postby Psycho » Tue May 08, 12 7:24 pm

James wrote:DXMP is really bad as far as original and other FPS MP videogames go, even at the time.


The fact that everyone knows everyone makes it great in my opinion. I hate other games (cept FM), due to the fact that everyone is all serious, never speaks, and justs plays plays plays.
User avatar
Psycho
Forum Hero
 
Posts: 2598
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 04 11:00 am
Location: North Wales

Postby James » Tue May 08, 12 9:01 pm

Obviously you haven't played another game long enough to get to know the regulars on a public server. Sure this isn't knowing everyone, but you're still bound to get to know more.
Last edited by James on Tue May 08, 12 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
User avatar
James
Alpha
 
Posts: 28876
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 03 9:14 pm
Location: Home

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue May 08, 12 11:38 pm

They arent as interesting as us Dexgenerates.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
User avatar
Hanover Fist
Master
 
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 04 1:32 am
Location: Cali


Return to Deus Ex

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron