Yahtee(zero punctuation) Finally does DX!

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Yahtee(zero punctuation) Finally does DX!

Postby Aleshy » Tue Sep 06, 11 12:03 am

Aleshy

Postby Aidan » Tue Sep 06, 11 12:12 am

Yes!!! Hilarious as always.. :lol:
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby clyzm » Tue Sep 06, 11 12:29 am

Hah, he has a point about the mini-crossbow, but at higher skills you can stealth kill anyone with one shot
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby MrBlackDX » Tue Sep 06, 11 4:31 pm

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised when he did this, of course I was expecting DX:HR, but fair enough he needs more time to play that.

Looking for to his next review this Wednesday (which will be DX:HR, or serious lol's if he does DX:IW)
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Tue Sep 06, 11 4:35 pm

It amazes me that people still watch Yahtzee... he complains about games being too easy yet plays them on the lowest difficulty.

I guess you guys like TotalBiscuit aswell?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Tue Sep 06, 11 11:18 pm

James wrote:It amazes me that people still watch Yahtzee... he complains about games being too easy yet plays them on the lowest difficulty.

I guess you guys like TotalBiscuit aswell?

Yeah, but the way he explains games is quite comical.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Wed Sep 07, 11 6:02 am

I didnt find it amusing.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed Sep 07, 11 9:57 am

He's a combination of;

- Arse
- Comic relief
- Picks obvious flaws where most reviewers wouldn't
- Doesn't get hyped up over mainstream games
- Represents a particular mindset of "games in the late 90's were at their peak"

I don't find his reviews anymore factual or informative beyond say your review of Dead Island.

To me its an opinion, one which I will keep in mind if I decide to play or buy the game.

But yeah, if you don't find it funny, you don't find it funny... thousands of people do.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Wed Sep 07, 11 10:15 am

Cool. Ben, that's like posting why I don't like LegendaryFrog of SuperFlashBros anymore.

I got bored of him in 2008 because he quickly used the same little joke over and over and became aware of his problems with videogames are flawed because (pretentious as this sounds) he doesn't play the game properly, nor does he have the time either because he has to review these each week. I understand that.

Outside of Zero Punctuation I still follow him as he has really similar opinions to myself regarding the videogame industry. I even own MogWorld, which is mediocre at best but relates to my experiences with MOGs deeply. :)

But it's okay millions of people like Little Britain, just saying that I'm to be disregarded because Im the minority here with a different opinion. [spoiler]Most people are easily amused.

Plus he has silly graphics and a fast funny accent. People are suckers to that shit.[/spoiler]

Suck up criticism.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed Sep 07, 11 10:54 am

I still watch Legendary Frog and Super Flash Bros (the old cartoons when they were good) now and again, mainly for the nostalgia. I still quote the occasional "Sorry, the cubs were in town" for some bizarre reason.

I find at the moment 90% of his videos have little entertainment value over the bassline. There are exceptions, I found the DX video pretty entertaining, Minecraft video was good, etc etc. It's a bit like watching a standard repeated comedy show like Little Britain and waiting for those rare gems of comedy genius (Mr Doggy in Little Britain telling his owner to take her clothes off... I cried in laughter at that...)

By and large I don't watch his videos and then think "that was a waste of 5 minutes". Similar to how I don't watch Little Britain and think "same jokes over and over, that was a waste of 30 minutes"

I still laugh...

I never said you were to be disregarded because of a minority, in fact I think your points are all valid, hence why there's a reason to reply to them, however, you can't expect people to immediately take on board what you are saying and then agree with you, I discover this all the time (DX:HR Soundtrack discussion...).

I take discussions like that as "well I'm the only one who thinks this way, maybe they are right", then I play the soundtrack at the gym so I can really engross myself in it, and think "nah, really don't get this at all"

But that doesn't make everyone else wrong, just a difference of opinion.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby ynnaD » Wed Sep 07, 11 11:02 am

I have never watched a Yahtee video? :s
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Wed Sep 07, 11 11:21 am

There you go, I don't find pie jokes from LF funny anymore because I'm not 15 and I get bored of the same stuff over and over from Yahtzee, regardless of different games. Nothing more to it, its why I'm surprised.

[spoiler]
MrBlackDX wrote:I never said you were to be disregarded because of a minority, in fact I think your points are all valid, hence why there's a reason to reply to them, however, you can't expect people to immediately take on board what you are saying and then agree with you, I discover this all the time (DX:HR Soundtrack discussion...).

If I could have a penny. Seriously, I see this complaint often said to me about my perspectives saying that "I see myself right all the time" (they're wrong, heh), it's ordinary that they're being defensive. I often think outside the box regarding everything, this occurs to strange to most people.

I think it's normal to think differently, it sparks discussion -- something I strive for with everything. But you (and others) take what I say far too seriously, badly or to heart. Recent private events prove it! I'm sure I was being sarcastic with what I posted regarding the minority to the following quote:
But yeah, if you don't find it funny, you don't find it funny... thousands of people do.

Why shouldn't I be sarcastic!, I don't understand what this means to what I said and you say I'm the one who always tries to tell everyone I'm right! inb4 some prat says I just did a majority thing too with user metascores in the Dead Island thread, I was OBVIOUSLY noting that the complete versions of the game was poorly received.[/spoiler]

I again apologise, on behalf of the forum, to the thousands of users and guests over the last 8 years, whom may have been affected by my opinions. Will you forgive me?
Last edited by James on Wed Sep 07, 11 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed Sep 07, 11 11:45 am

James wrote:There you go, I don't find pie jokes from LF funny anymore because I'm not 15 and I get bored of the same stuff over and over from Yahtzee, regardless of different games. Nothing more to it, its why I'm surprised.

[spoiler]
MrBlackDX wrote:I never said you were to be disregarded because of a minority, in fact I think your points are all valid, hence why there's a reason to reply to them, however, you can't expect people to immediately take on board what you are saying and then agree with you, I discover this all the time (DX:HR Soundtrack discussion...).

If I could have a penny. Seriously, I see this complaint often said to me about my perspectives saying that "I see myself right all the time" (they're wrong, heh), it's ordinary that they're being defensive. I often think outside the box regarding everything, this occurs to strange to most people.

I think it's normal to think differently, it sparks discussion -- something I strive for with everything. But you (and others) take what I say far too seriously, badly or to heart. Recent private events prove it! I'm sure I was being sarcastic with what I posted regarding the minority to the following quote:

Why shouldn't I be sarcastic!, I don't understand what this means to what I said and you say I'm the one who always tries to tell everyone I'm right! inb4 some prat says I just did a majority thing too with user metascores in the Dead Island thread, I was OBVIOUSLY noting that the complete versions of the game was poorly received.

I can pretty much narrow down every actual issue we have had to be from these factors:- I have been in a bad mental place due to external factors. Text doesn't illustrate tone and intention. My expectations of friend-based conduct conflicts with your wording, wording which is incorrectly interpreted by myself due to the tone/intention. Basically, we wouldn't have falling-out if it was actually in person, with the banter. [/spoiler]

I again apologise, on behalf of the forum, to the thousands of users and guests over the last 8 years, whom may have been affected by my opinions. Will you forgive me?

Forum code argh, within the spoiler, is my reply in red (turning into an office argument yes!)
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Wed Sep 07, 11 11:51 am

Now you understand. In reference, I'm only angry when Im in charge of something. Satire earlier;
Last edited by James on Wed Sep 07, 11 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed Sep 07, 11 12:19 pm

[spoiler]This however is the point of lack-of-tone text based conversation;

"Now you understand." is mostly a neutral point, why is it that it still sounds so demeaning?

You have a superiority complex there, and it comes across as very aggressive-assertive.

[/spoiler]
Last edited by MrBlackDX on Wed Sep 07, 11 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Wed Sep 07, 11 12:30 pm

Superiority no, dismissive to avoid conflict yes.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed Sep 07, 11 12:45 pm

There's something about being dismissive which portrays superiority. It's almost like you are assuming the conversation is without merit, and so should not be discussed, but the other person wants to discuss it.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Wed Sep 07, 11 12:57 pm

Not in this case, not to mention this is coming from someone as cynical as myself. Look - are we really arguing to the point where you're playing shrink to individual words I say?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby China » Wed Sep 07, 11 1:15 pm

Silly ole me expecting to see the actual game in a video review.
www.chinnysdeusexblog.wordpress.com
China
Wannabe

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed Sep 07, 11 1:24 pm

James wrote:Not in this case, not to mention this is coming from someone as cynical as myself. Look - are we really arguing to the point where you're playing shrink to individual words I say?

Argues such a negative word... ok thats trolling

Nah I'm just interested in relationship dynamics, and its easier to understand our situation if we just discuss it.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Wed Sep 07, 11 1:41 pm

"Our" situation? I have zero problems with you except both of us for these annoying off-topic array of posts we've made over me not liking Yahtzee.
Last edited by James on Wed Sep 07, 11 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
Alpha

Return to Deus Ex