Can't save

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Can't save

Postby Willhelm » Fri Jan 25, 13 1:15 am

Hey all,
Just got Deus Ex:GOTY through Steam and started playing it. I decide to save, and saw that I cant. It says I have -1.6 terabites of memory available, which also does not make since. I have a 3 Tb hard drive in which only ~700Gb are used. (new computer ;D ) I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

I've been searching the web for solutions and can't seem to find anything regarding negitive memory. Does this community have any ideas?
It seems like a great game, but having to restart everytime I get plugged in the face is unfortunate.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
~Will
I also have a screen shot of the save game screen, but alas cant post it yet... :/
Last edited by Willhelm on Fri Jan 25, 13 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Willhelm

Postby Allan » Fri Jan 25, 13 1:40 am

Oh, I know the problem you're having - Since I too have a 3TB HDD.

I believe it's a limitation of UT1.5 that it only reads certain size hard drives, I could be wrong, but either way, this works - You can still use Quick Save and Quick Load fine, most of the time. Unfortunately, this limits you to one save slot, but it's still better than having to sit through 10-15 hours of gameplay in one sitting. :o
Allan
Alpha

Postby Willhelm » Fri Jan 25, 13 5:00 pm

:shock:

THANK
YOU
SO
MUCH
!!!

wow, I feel like a bit of a doof now. I didn't even see the quick load/save options.
I can actually play now! Thank you!

Now, my only other question is may I quote you to the Steam forums so, in the future, people can benefit from your wisdom there also? xD

*says willhelm again* seriously thank you!
Last edited by Willhelm on Fri Jan 25, 13 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Willhelm

Postby Mastakilla » Fri Jan 25, 13 6:24 pm

Yeah I've had this problem too, not sure what the cause or fix is, but quick load/quick save are a good alternative
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Allan » Sat Jan 26, 13 5:49 am

Willhelm wrote::shock:

THANK
YOU
SO
MUCH
!!!

wow, I feel like a bit of a doof now. I didn't even see the quick load/save options.
I can actually play now! Thank you!

Now, my only other question is may I quote you to the Steam forums so, in the future, people can benefit from your wisdom there also? xD

*says willhelm again* seriously thank you!

Sure, you're welcome to do so. :)
Allan
Alpha

Return to Deus Ex