The reason I hardly play 0 augs

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

The reason I hardly play 0 augs

Postby Tuler » Wed Feb 22, 06 5:18 pm

Now, there is no one in the EL server, so I figure, I'll go play some 0augs.

Now the first level was just a couple mins.
The second level was a large box, in which all we did was snipe, yeah okay, that's kinda fun for a bit. I came out 14-2 or some crap (I have a shot on my other comp). Now the third game.... hehehe..... the third game.

So it's a game in which the turrets are in the spawnrooms. This is slightly annoying, but I figured I can get around them and to the consol to hack them, fine fine. I've gotten about 3 deaths doing this. I acquired another 2 deaths via lam (I didn't know they used lam in 0augs), and started to get called a noob. (I was 10-5? something like that so it wasn't that great) Now I switched teams earlier because it was 6 or so on 1.......... They called me a noob until we started to win....... then they all (Expcept for one guy, I guess we needed someone to kill and he'd lammed practically the entire level) switched teams. I mean WTF!? Lets just all switch teams (there was like 5 of them) because they started to win. That's uber stupid and pathetic.

Now this is just these certain people (who's names are in the shot) and who all were not good when it game to gunfighting........... on a 0aug I took no damage in killing 3 of them (Strange dontcha think?)

I've not seen this on an augged server in some time, possibly because now there aren't many new players playing on them, mostly just the older, more expeienced players.

All in all that game was freaking pathetic.
Tuler
Wannabe

Re: The reason I hardly play 0 augs

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed Feb 22, 06 5:25 pm

Tuler wrote:Now, there is no one in the EL server, so I figure, I'll go play some 0augs.

Now the first level was just a couple mins.
The second level was a large box, in which all we did was snipe, yeah okay, that's kinda fun for a bit. I came out 14-2 or some crap (I have a shot on my other comp). Now the third game.... hehehe..... the third game.

So it's a game in which the turrets are in the spawnrooms. This is slightly annoying, but I figured I can get around them and to the consol to hack them, fine fine. I've gotten about 3 deaths doing this. I acquired another 2 deaths via lam (I didn't know they used lam in 0augs), and started to get called a noob. (I was 10-5? something like that so it wasn't that great) Now I switched teams earlier because it was 6 or so on 1.......... They called me a noob until we started to win....... then they all (Expcept for one guy, I guess we needed someone to kill and he'd lammed practically the entire level) switched teams. I mean WTF!? Lets just all switch teams (there was like 5 of them) because they started to win. That's uber stupid and pathetic.

Now this is just these certain people (who's names are in the shot) and who all were not good when it game to gunfighting........... on a 0aug I took no damage in killing 3 of them (Strange dontcha think?)

I've not seen this on an augged server in some time, possibly because now there aren't many new players playing on them, mostly just the older, more expeienced players.

All in all that game was freaking pathetic.

then dont play GODZ server

play Gamesmajor
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Dae » Wed Feb 22, 06 5:35 pm

GODZ server has completely own gametype, which only looks like standard zero-aug.
Dae
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Wed Feb 22, 06 5:44 pm

Why the hell are there all these arguments about aug and 0-aug? Some people like one type, some people like the other, and some like both. Is that really that hard to understand?

Moreover, it's just a game, who gives a shit, why do people feel the need to start extremist cults and bullshit philosophies on this? (you know who I am talking about)

It is a computer game for fuck's sake, there are many, much more important things in life. In a few years you (hopefully) will have reallised how much time you have wasted in your life pussying about doing this, if not, maybe it's time to move on.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Dae » Wed Feb 22, 06 7:09 pm

I agree that debates between 0auggers/auggers are bullshit.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Siva » Wed Feb 22, 06 7:11 pm

Can't we all just get along?
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Tuler » Wed Feb 22, 06 7:25 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:Why the hell are there all these arguments about aug and 0-aug? Some people like one type, some people like the other, and some like both. Is that really that hard to understand?

Moreover, it's just a game, who gives a shit, why do people feel the need to start extremist cults and bullshit philosophies on this? (you know who I am talking about)

It is a computer game for fuck's sake, there are many, much more important things in life. In a few years you (hopefully) will have reallised how much time you have wasted in your life pussying about doing this, if not, maybe it's time to move on.

I think you need to calm down. I was talking about the players who play the non aug games. Thanks for the reply Mr.Black, that was informative.

Mainman you need to relax and take a couple deep breaths. I was talking about the type of games that go on, and the general playerbase of the 0aug community on the godz server, thus you going on a rant as you have done above is completley out of the question. I believe that you need to remember your own words. It's just a game, calm down. There is no need for you to have an anurism over this as you seem to have completley miscomprehended my entire post.
Tuler
Wannabe

Postby MainMan » Wed Feb 22, 06 7:33 pm

I am relaxed, I just think that everyone who argues about 0 aug / aug is wasting their time, because it is a completely pointless argument. I hope you see where I'm coming from.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Wasted » Wed Feb 22, 06 7:56 pm

Tuler wrote:
~MainMan~ wrote:Why the hell are there all these arguments about aug and 0-aug? Some people like one type, some people like the other, and some like both. Is that really that hard to understand?

I think you need to calm down. I was talking about the players who play the non aug games. Thanks for the reply Mr.Black, that was informative.

SO what now everyone who pays 0 aug are dicks who gonna call u noob?

I have a feeling you play 0aug a lot...
FFS
Wasted
Forum Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed Feb 22, 06 8:27 pm

Play DXAG

Its like Augs lite for 0auggers xD
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Tuler » Wed Feb 22, 06 8:35 pm

Wasted, I thikn you should just put your foot in your mouth and never take it out.

If you had read you'd know that I said not all 0 auggers, and I had also said it was the small amount on the Godz server. :)

I think that you should just jump off something tall.
Tuler
Wannabe

Postby Siva » Thu Feb 23, 06 12:15 am

I have strangely forgotten how to headshot from playing augs so much.

I was doing so badly I had to ask [V]Centipede to train me this morning
[/shame]
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Tuler » Thu Feb 23, 06 3:06 am

forgot how to headshot? :|

Mr.Black, I was going to do your server today, but the download was fairly large lol.
Tuler
Wannabe

Postby Splitter » Thu Feb 23, 06 8:44 am

.Hunt3r[XII] wrote:I have strangely forgotten how to headshot from playing augs so much.

[/shame]

Lol and he's only been playing for like 3 weeks XD
»§plíttèr/§plícè«
» ÐÇsß « » eNigma² «
Getting TK'd since 24/11/03
Splitter
Alpha

Postby Alex » Thu Feb 23, 06 8:54 am

MrBlack wrote:Play DXAG

Its like Augs lite for 0auggers xD

Augs Unlimited is augs lite.
DXAG is for the ego's who don't know teamplay.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Thu Feb 23, 06 11:28 am

Splitter wrote:
.Hunt3r[XII] wrote:I have strangely forgotten how to headshot from playing augs so much.

[/shame]

Lol and he's only been playing for like 3 weeks XD

Lol, I told you he been playing longer for that, he been playing for quite a few months now, if he'd really been playing for three weeks it would be totally wrong :P
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Krieg » Thu Feb 23, 06 9:44 pm

than he would definitelly would be aka marije
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu Feb 23, 06 10:11 pm

There is clearly a diffrence in the attitude of an augger and a 0 augger. When it comes to the actual topic of augs itself, auggers tend to be very resentful of 0 auggers stealing servers and players and get quite 'pissed off', however they are generally quite laid back. On the other hand Ive noticed that o auggers are often more .bitchy' in their in game remarks 'torso shot noob' and 'you fscking 20MM noob', you dont get this amongst auggers as generally anything goes, as augs is a lot more stratagy based. Please correct me if you think im wrong :)
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Thu Feb 23, 06 10:14 pm

Yeah, personally, I think you're wrong; there are "bitchy" 0 -auggers and auggers, and there are laid-back, respectful 0-auggers and auggers. How someone chooses to play a computer game makes absolutely no difference to what kind of person they are.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Rödewijk » Thu Feb 23, 06 11:56 pm

no its becaus if u are playing a nice game of augs and some 0 auger enter the server and say omg its augs ore i hate augs and then he leave again
Rödewijk
Master

Postby Ricci » Fri Feb 24, 06 3:39 am

Tip for 0 auggers: Multi-tools disable turrets.
-Ricci
Ricci
Wannabe

Postby IchoTolot » Fri Feb 24, 06 10:56 am

smookie wrote:no its becaus if u are playing a nice game of augs and some 0 auger enter the server and say omg its augs ore i hate augs and then he leave again

years ago i heared this about 0-augs from augers ... now plz stop this dumb disscussion its only a game

Ricci wrote:Tip for 0 auggers: Multi-tools disable turrets.

:shock: O Rly? :lol:
IchoTolot
<i>Very</i> Friendly Clown

Location: Quad 1,0,0 - 3th Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

Postby Tuler » Fri Feb 24, 06 5:18 pm

I've found in the 0aug servers you can sneak around the turrets, which is alright though I don't like them being IN spawnrooms :/

I find that the general level layout is pretty much (From the levels I have played) a sniper-based level. There is normally one or two ways to get to the enemy base, and they're covered with sniper battles throughout. I've tried (and sometimes succeeded) to sneak behind enemy lines and open up with my rifles, but it's not always too easy. The levels have a good base design going on, and with some improvments they would be amazing. I think they just need a wider area of play, they're too condenced in long corridors and such.

Honestly, I think I've seen more "you 20mm n00b" comments in 0aug servers, people complaining on teamchat and such about 20mm people. It's not THAT hard (tough I had thought they removed 20mm and lams from 0augs, but I was wrong there) to take out a 20mm user, even in a 0aug game.

I've also found (Don't get me wrong, I KNOW there are some out there) that for the week or two I've been playing 0augs (instead of augs) that I've yet to come up against a really good 0augger. Normally one person can take down 3-5 people before they're killed. The last game I was in I died because I ran out of ammo :/ (This was after I had gone through some grate, killed the guy guarding it, and walked behind their snipers). I'd love to come up against someone who doesn't just stand and shoot, then run away when they take damage. Some jumping and crouching would be great. I'm looking forward to running into an 'elite' 0augger.

0augs has a different spin to it. I think if the levels had a little more to them, and weren't just sniper-fests then the whole 0aug gameplay would be MUCH more interesting.
Tuler
Wannabe

Postby monkee » Fri Feb 24, 06 6:31 pm

The only 'elite' 0auggers you'll ever meet wont really have any authentic skill, nah, and I agree with you when you say GODZ suck balls, and so does gamesmajor (except for the mighty nice pings).
monkee
Poster

Postby Krieg » Fri Feb 24, 06 7:16 pm

come to games major to face the better players
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Sat Feb 25, 06 6:57 pm

*Looks around empty server* Or play with me in [T] server? :D
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby VodunLoas » Sat Feb 25, 06 8:05 pm

you guys hog the bandwith on games major... I end up with probably 1 percent of it... on my 56k... lol.
VodunLoas
Alpha

Return to Deus Ex