What gives >=[

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

What gives >=[

Postby Snakey » Sun Feb 26, 06 2:42 pm

Playing SP again, I was on the bit where they raid Paul's apartment, I thought the way to ensure he survives is top stay and help him, so I try, I finally manage to clean out the entire Hotel's enemy presence, we get to the bit where Pau leaves the Hotel, I go back up to his apartment and out through the window I go, Snipe the remaining Unatco, go to the NSF warehouse and recharge my health and bio, I finally get "killed" in battery park and after all this, in the MJ12 prison I am told Paul is dead.. >=[!

How do I save Paul?
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Siva » Sun Feb 26, 06 2:52 pm

Ehh, I died with him to make him survive.

I just stayed, didn't fight for I had no ammo >.>

And Got qwoned.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Re: What gives >=[

Postby Dae » Sun Feb 26, 06 3:02 pm

[GODZ]Snakey~ wrote:Playing SP again, I was on the bit where they raid Paul's apartment, I thought the way to ensure he survives is top stay and help him, so I try, I finally manage to clean out the entire Hotel's enemy presence, we get to the bit where Pau leaves the Hotel, I go back up to his apartment and out through the window I go, Snipe the remaining Unatco, go to the NSF warehouse and recharge my health and bio, I finally get "killed" in battery park and after all this, in the MJ12 prison I am told Paul is dead.. >=[!

How do I save Paul?

When the battle in Hotel after your conversion with Paul begins hide somewhere (just don't go outside; in another room or in a secret one), no need to help Paul 'cause he won't die. When you hear that the battle is tending to be over, keep staying close to him. Sooner or later he will say good bye to you and run away. Only after this you may go whenever you want and he will be alive.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Snakey » Sun Feb 26, 06 3:07 pm

'Kay, thanks Dae!

..Can I place LAMs on the wall to stop the first three agents before the conversation begins?
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sun Feb 26, 06 3:09 pm

[GODZ]Snakey~ wrote:'Kay, thanks Dae!

..Can I place LAMs on the wall to stop the first three agents before the conversation begins?

Yes and more than, they will explode and they will kill agents. But actually it's a waste of ammunition because Paul can kill them without a problem.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Snakey » Sun Feb 26, 06 3:15 pm

But it takes him sooo long : (

I take it Paul's binvincible property is set to true?

One thing that puzzles me, I got to the main entrance of the hotel with Paul, I went to collect the ammunition of the dead agents and I looked back and Paul had disappeared, does this mean that teleporters are also able to teleport NPCS?
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Snakey » Sun Feb 26, 06 3:36 pm

It doesn't work Dae.

The door breaks, and I hide in the tiny room, I hear a big battle outside (the one that is supposed to be between him and the 3 agents who raid the apartment), when the sounds have finished I come out, but Paul is doing nothing, still sitting on the chair. I speak to him and he says "I'll be ok, go!" or something like that. Turns out later that Paul is dead.

I tried the same method twice, except the second time I go with Paul down the stairs, and as the battle downstairs is going on, I try to talk to him, he says nothing, and I leave.

Do I have to wait til he says "I'll get Smuggler to get me out of the city, you can trust Jock" or the message that sounds like that before I leave?
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sun Feb 26, 06 3:42 pm

[GODZ]Snakey~ wrote:I take it Paul's binvincible property is set to true?

Yep.

[GODZ]Snakey~ wrote:One thing that puzzles me, I got to the main entrance of the hotel with Paul, I went to collect the ammunition of the dead agents and I looked back and Paul had disappeared, does this mean that teleporters are also able to teleport NPCS?

No, just he was set Orders = Leaving, so when you lose him out of sight he just disappears (function LeaveWorld).
Dae
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sun Feb 26, 06 3:44 pm

I saved Paul once, more luck than judgement, but later on does he actually do anything for you?
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sun Feb 26, 06 3:46 pm

[GODZ]Snakey~ wrote:The door breaks, and I hide in the tiny room, I hear a big battle outside (the one that is supposed to be between him and the 3 agents who raid the apartment), when the sounds have finished I come out, but Paul is doing nothing, still sitting on the chair. I speak to him and he says "I'll be ok, go!" or something like that. Turns out later that Paul is dead.

I think he says that only before the battle. So for the game the battle didn't happen at all (that's probably why he still sits on the chair).

[GODZ]Snakey~ wrote:Do I have to wait til he says "I'll get Smuggler to get me out of the city, you can trust Jock" or the message that sounds like that before I leave?

Yes, you do.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Snakey » Sun Feb 26, 06 4:08 pm

I did it, but I still get informed that Paul is dead ¬_¬
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Siva » Sun Feb 26, 06 4:12 pm

Y'know, You may get INFORMED that he's dead. "BY ANNA NAVVARE"

But if you get to the damn Sickbay, you'll see that he's still alive ¬_¬

Anna Says something like - "What they do with all agents.. same as you"

Except the fact that I killed anna navvare on the plane, Because I wanted to hang w\ lebedev. ^_^.
//..
Siva

Postby Dae » Sun Feb 26, 06 4:18 pm

[GODZ]Snakey~ wrote:I did it, but I still get informed that Paul is dead ¬_¬

How do you get informed?
Dae
Alpha

Postby Snakey » Sun Feb 26, 06 4:18 pm

.Hunt3r[XII] wrote:Y'know, You may get INFORMED that he's dead. "BY ANNA NAVVARE"

Except the fact that I killed anna navvare on the plane, Because I wanted to hang w\ lebedev. ^_^.

Anna Narvare was already dead by that point, I killed her before that too.

I carefully placed a LAM on the wall of the 747 before I started talking to Lebedev and she walked into it..as planned.

Gunther informs me of his death, and just incase he is lying, I always make sure to get to The MJ12 prison, ask the NSF prisoner about it, then wait for the infolink from Dae' telling me that he is dead before I accept his death.
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sun Feb 26, 06 4:21 pm

[GODZ]Snakey~ wrote:
.Hunt3r[XII] wrote:Y'know, You may get INFORMED that he's dead. "BY ANNA NAVVARE"

Anna Narvare was already dead by that point, I killed her before that too.

I carefully placed a LAM on the wall of the 747 before I started talking to Lebedev and she walked into it..as planned.

Gunther informs me of his death, and just incase he is lying, I always make sure to get to The MJ12 prison, ask the NSF prisoner about it, then wait for the infolink from Dae' telling me that he is dead before I accept his death.

Hmm... make sure by checking medical part of MJ12 building, where Paul's body should be lying.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Snakey » Sun Feb 26, 06 4:36 pm

He's dead.
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sun Feb 26, 06 4:49 pm

[GODZ]Snakey~ wrote:He's dead.

Oh damn, Snakey, I'm wrong :(
I've just checked a giant topic on my Russian forum about saving Paul and there was said that in case if you killed Navarre in 747 you cannot save Paul.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Snakey » Sun Feb 26, 06 4:59 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:

I've just checked a giant topic on my Russian forum about saving Paul and there was said that in case if you killed Navarre in 747 you cannot save Paul.

Could've sworn I've done it before..

Apparently, dying in the hotel saves Paul.
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Snakey » Sun Feb 26, 06 5:09 pm

Yey, werks! :]
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Sun Feb 26, 06 5:38 pm

Paul is a hacker =[
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby MainMan » Sun Feb 26, 06 5:43 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:

You can, just die before him. (Easiest way is just run into the first couple of MIBs and dont shoot)
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Hanover Fist » Sun Feb 26, 06 5:50 pm

Whenever I try and fight with Paul he runs into my line of fire while I'm shooting the MIB's then he turns on me. Asshole.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Cozmo » Sun Feb 26, 06 6:03 pm

When i shoot the MIBS they dont die :shock: i even put god on to test that and shot them several hundred times in the head with a sniper... :x
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A tool for creating multiplayer RPG stuff
Cozmo
Master

Postby MainMan » Sun Feb 26, 06 6:04 pm

{HK}RECLAIMER wrote:Whenever I try and fight with Paul he runs into my line of fire while I'm shooting the MIB's then he turns on me. Asshole.

Lol. Owned by Paul.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Bob » Sun Feb 26, 06 6:38 pm

There is some sort of trigger on the window exit that informs the game that Paul has been killed. The only way to fix this is by leaving through the front door.
Bob
Forum God

Postby Snakey » Sun Feb 26, 06 6:45 pm

{HK}RECLAIMER wrote:Whenever I try and fight with Paul he runs into my line of fire while I'm shooting the MIB's then he turns on me. Asshole.

Rofl, that's what happened to me.
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Allan » Sun Feb 26, 06 9:08 pm

Bob wrote:There is some sort of trigger on the window exit that informs the game that Paul has been killed. The only way to fix this is by leaving through the front door.

OR modify the trigger's flag to make it think that Paul has survived, but that's more trouble than it's worth :P
Allan
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Sun Feb 26, 06 9:15 pm

You could do that, but he dies eventually, and even if he survives, he doesn't appear as much afterwards, so why not just nail Paul yourself. (first do: set PaulDenton bInvincible false)
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Siva » Mon Feb 27, 06 10:59 am

Paul owns, shu'up.

I remember when I first bought the game... well got it as a birthday gift.
I booted it up, and repeatedly shot him in the face on the docks of liberty island :O

He got pissed and called me a "Jackass" and proceeded to bumrush me with his assault rifle.

Even when I took the gep from him, and shot him with it, he wouldnt die.

I was like 8 at the time so all that went around in my head was WTF?

Lawl. (H).
//..
Siva

Return to Deus Ex