Looking for Deus Ex: GOTY

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Looking for Deus Ex: GOTY

Postby Dae » Mon Mar 06, 06 4:35 pm

If you have English (I mean, language) Deus Ex: GOTY on a CD, nice connection and you know what's FTP, please let me know. I need original game to base SlimLine 150 on.
Dae
Alpha

Postby VodunLoas » Mon Mar 06, 06 4:38 pm

May I ask, what is Slimline? Where can you download it?
VodunLoas
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Mar 06, 06 5:31 pm

SlimLine is basicly the same Deus Ex, just without a single player part of it, which makes archive 3 times smaller (96 MB, instead of ~300). I sharpened it especially for online playing (not hosting though), pre-installed DXMTL and all the popular mini-mods + QValidate libraries; i also made a small changes to user.ini which I had found handy, like setting toggle scope on middle mouse button.
I planned to release a few extension packs separately which would turn SlimLine (i.e. DXMP only) to a full version of the game (with single player, music, all the textures).
Originally I planned to spread this file by forums in worldwide gaming community to attract more players to ours. I'm sure it would have attracted if I didn't forget about it :oops: For this purposes, I involved [DCSB] Mole.
By the way I realise it ain't legal, but it's worth doing :)

Link here.
Dae
Alpha

HOT DAMN

Postby bambi » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:05 pm

HOT DIGGITY DOG!!! DANG I WON'T HAVE TO TRUST BITTORRENT WHEN I REINSTALL DX. SWEEEET!!! YAY!1 :P
bambi
Regular

Postby Siva » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:11 pm

I would Upload it to my FTP Space on DXAlpha, however ... although it is GOTY, Its got the Sold Out Splash screen.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Dae » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:13 pm

XII//:Prod1gy wrote:I would Upload it to my FTP Space on DXAlpha, however ... although it is GOTY, Its got the Sold Out Splash screen.

Could you please tell me what is Sold Out edition and what are the differences between Sold Out and normal CD?
Dae
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:38 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:
XII//:Prod1gy wrote:I would Upload it to my FTP Space on DXAlpha, however ... although it is GOTY, Its got the Sold Out Splash screen.

Could you please tell me what is Sold Out edition and what are the differences between Sold Out and normal CD?

Sold Out edition is a version of the game (after Ion Storm no longer existed), published by a third party company called SoldOut. It has a splash screen which says SOLDOUT, and does not let you play the game without the CD. These are the only differences I know of. Wasted has this version, as do a lot of the newer players.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Siva » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:39 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:

It has a gay splash screen.
//..
Siva

Postby Alex » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:41 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:
~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:

Sold Out edition is a version of the game (after Ion Storm no longer existed), published by a third party company called SoldOut. It has a splash screen which says SOLDOUT, and does not let you play the game without the CD. These are the only differences I know of. Wasted has this version, as do a lot of the newer players.

I do aswell, I think. I play without a CD :)
Alex
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:42 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:I do aswell, I think. I play without a CD :)

Yeah it is possible to install some patch to let a SoldOut game play without the CD.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Splitter » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:44 pm

Meh I have that version too and so do about 5 of my friends. The CD = line removal still works : /
»§plíttèr/§plícè«
» ÐÇsß « » eNigma² «
Getting TK'd since 24/11/03
Splitter
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:45 pm

Splitter wrote:Meh I have that version too and so do about 5 of my friends. The CD = line removal still works : /

Yeah, I think you need the 112 patch installed over the top of it.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Dae » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:46 pm

Ohhh, I didn't know SoldOut is a company :S Thanks for information.

What is that screen you're talking about? Is it just different logo.bmp from Help/ folder or something else?
Last edited by Dae on Mon Mar 06, 06 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:46 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:SlimLine is basicly the same Deus Ex, just without a single player part of it, which makes archive 3 times smaller (96 MB, instead of ~300). I sharpened it especially for online playing (not hosting though), pre-installed DXMTL and all the popular mini-mods + QValidate libraries; i also made a small changes to user.ini which I had found handy, like setting toggle scope on middle mouse button.
I planned to release a few extension packs separately which would turn SlimLine (i.e. DXMP only) to a full version of the game (with single player, music, all the textures).
Originally I planned to spread this file by forums in worldwide gaming community to attract more players to ours. I'm sure it would have attracted if I didn't forget about it :oops: For this purposes, I involved [DCSB] Mole.

Link here.

dae, i hope you didn't forget to add SuperRocket and the SG ring-transporter mod plus maps
..or you can summarize that again right now :!:
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:48 pm

~[A]Nobody~ wrote:
~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:SlimLine is basicly the same Deus Ex, just without a single player part of it, which makes archive 3 times smaller (96 MB, instead of ~300). I sharpened it especially for online playing (not hosting though), pre-installed DXMTL and all the popular mini-mods + QValidate libraries; i also made a small changes to user.ini which I had found handy, like setting toggle scope on middle mouse button.

Link here.

dae, i hope you didn't forget to add SuperRocket and the SG ring-transporter mod plus maps
..or you can summarize that again right now :!:

SlimLine had appeared before DXSG came out officially.
...and I didn't add any new maps as far as i remember.
Last edited by Dae on Mon Mar 06, 06 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:49 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:Ohhh, I didn't know SoldOut is a company :S Thanks for information.

What is that screen you're talking about? Is it just different logo.bmp from Help/ folder or something else?

No, it is seperate (well it is on Wasted's.) He has the DX splash, and then the soldout one on top.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Dae » Mon Mar 06, 06 6:50 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:
~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:Ohhh, I didn't know SoldOut is a company :S Thanks for information.

No, it is seperate (well it is on Wasted's.) He has the DX splash, and then the soldout one on top.

Argh, then I need something different than SoldOut :(
Dae
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Mar 06, 06 7:21 pm

Whats wrong with using Deus Ex (english) original and then the patches, for the slimline?
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Siva » Mon Mar 06, 06 7:24 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:
~MainMan~ wrote:
~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:

I do aswell, I think. I play without a CD :)

HOW!!
//..
Siva

Postby ynnaD » Mon Mar 06, 06 7:37 pm

How can you play Sold Out with a CD? I have a Sold Out GOTY Cd and i have that line in ini edited and i still need the CD :cry:
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Gishank » Mon Mar 06, 06 7:39 pm

Just download a NoCD Crack. But the game runs alot smoother with the cd + a NoCD Crack.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Mon Mar 06, 06 8:04 pm

Ive got the sold out version, after my original broke. Just download version 1112f or whatever it is and it will run fine, I chnaged my user.ini so I just did some clever line editing...
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Allan » Mon Mar 06, 06 8:22 pm

Only real difference is that the MedBots work like in MP in SP, and it has a gay Macromedia Flash Player splash Screen when you insert the CD. I have a couple of SoldOut games, but not DX, i got V1.03 CD from late march 2001.I could have got the MP patch, but the site was being gay and wouldnt let me get it, cos i wasnt in the US...
Allan
Alpha

Postby Ricci » Mon Mar 06, 06 9:42 pm

Be careful when hosting dx. I forgot who it was but someone who played dx is part of some anti piracy company and when dz hosted it he tried his best to get dz introuble.
-Ricci
Ricci
Wannabe

Postby Rödewijk » Mon Mar 06, 06 10:29 pm

here is the link for the first deusex version u stil needs to patch it whitch can be fount here.
if u download deusex u need magic iso to unzip the game and it ask for a pasword the pasword = nemesis

- deusex - http://www.plougsgaard.dk/nem_bin/modul ... etit&lid=2

- patch for mp - http://files.filefront.com/deusexmppatc ... einfo.html
- patch GOTY - http://files.filefront.com/deusexpatch+ ... einfo.html

i hope this is the good one u needed?
Rödewijk
Master

Postby Hacker_>< » Mon Mar 06, 06 11:23 pm

if you want to play deus ex with out the cd use this Deus Ex.exe crack i made
Attachments
DeusEx no-cd crack.rar
(68.84 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Hacker_><

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Mar 06, 06 11:47 pm

and what did you change on it? :shock:
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Tue Mar 07, 06 1:21 am

Hacker_>< wrote:if you want to play deus ex with out the cd use this Deus Ex.exe crack i made

Idiot. Just change the CD path in the deusex.ini file.... :?
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 07, 06 2:25 am

[quote="~[A]HÃœÃ?rïÃ
Bob
Forum God

Postby [T]fRoSt » Tue Mar 07, 06 7:04 am

Ricci wrote:Be careful when hosting dx. I forgot who it was but someone who played dx is part of some anti piracy company and when dz hosted it he tried his best to get dz introuble.

Leroy Brown?
[T]fRoSt
Wannabe

Next

Return to Deus Ex