I see teh futura of DX.

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby clyzm » Wed Jun 14, 06 4:08 pm

By the way, just wanna know, on what kind of scale is the modelling? Modelling everything over again, or like the UT2004/07 system, modelling a whole map?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby DarkKnight » Wed Jun 14, 06 4:13 pm

cataclyzm wrote:By the way, just wanna know, on what kind of scale is the modelling? Modelling everything over again, or like the UT2004/07 system, modelling a whole map?

Every piece of content would need to be re-made for the new engine. ;)
I'm a lover, that's why I do this posting.
I don't need the forum,
I do it to save you ignorant bastards from your self.
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby clyzm » Wed Jun 14, 06 4:16 pm

Heh. Woulda know it would've been that easy. :P
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Dae » Wed Jun 14, 06 5:04 pm

cataclyzm wrote:By the way, just wanna know, on what kind of scale is the modelling? Modelling everything over again, or like the UT2004/07 system, modelling a whole map?

Yea, you will have to make
- static meshes for maps (basicly mapping)
- weapons and other items
Dae
Alpha

Postby jesus » Wed Jun 14, 06 6:54 pm

ouch thats hard !!!! { 4 me }
jesus
Elite

Postby Siva » Wed Jun 14, 06 7:07 pm

How many objects are there in DX? + 200 new ones for the one we would be making..
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Dae » Wed Jun 14, 06 7:13 pm

XII//:Prod1gy wrote:How many objects are there in DX? + 200 new ones for the one we would be making..

Development of objects themselves isn't really that hard. Ded alone has added 200+ new models for environment for his mod. I cannot say exactly, but i think he has developed by himself only like 1/3 of them, the rest he got from the free public archives. And this was a wise choise.

What is, in my opinion, really hard - development of static meshes and adding them to the map. Maybe because i have no clue how do people do this :lol:
Dae
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Wed Jun 14, 06 7:30 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:
XII//:Prod1gy wrote:How many objects are there in DX? + 200 new ones for the one we would be making..

Development of objects themselves isn't really that hard. Ded alone has added 200+ new models for environment for his mod. I cannot say exactly, but i think he has developed by himself only like 1/3 of them, the rest he got from the free public archives. And this was a wise choise.

What is, in my opinion, really hard - development of static meshes and adding them to the map. Maybe because i have no clue how do people do this :lol:

Decorations? Or what do you mean by 'static meshes'?
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Dae » Wed Jun 14, 06 8:09 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:
~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:

Decorations? Or what do you mean by 'static meshes'?

A sort of models which is used instead of brushes in games based on Unreal engine 2 and higher. I mean, of course, mappers for these games use brushes to substract a space from the world, like a room, but everything inside this room is made of these models.
It is still possible to use brushes like we do in Deus Ex mapping, but Unreal engine 2 and higher is shaped for static meshes - lighting system and etc. Plus static meshes are faster.
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Static_Mesh
Dae
Alpha

Postby DarKnightKilla13 » Wed Jun 14, 06 11:07 pm

I have a 600 page + book on 3D game programming, and it includes modeling and making meshes for the Torque game engine using 3D Studio Max or Milkshape. Can always give that a try for the Unreal :)
DarKnightKilla13
Wannabe

Postby Siva » Thu Jun 15, 06 10:02 am

By a static mesh, He means rather than brushing a whole room, modelling it, and placing it in the map?

Like grand theft auto - Thats all models..
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby clyzm » Thu Jun 15, 06 2:56 pm

DarKnightKilla13 wrote:I have a 600 page + book on 3D game programming, and it includes modeling and making meshes for the Torque game engine using 3D Studio Max or Milkshape. Can always give that a try for the Unreal :)

I have three books, one using 3DS Max, two using NURBS and three; Modeling in Milk, 3DS and Lightwave.

:P
clyzm
Forum Master God

Previous

Return to Deus Ex