Possible Date for the events in DX?

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby James » Sun Jan 07, 07 4:04 am

Okay guys, let me clear this up.

Paul is genuine, he was a ordinary human and he had/has real parents, he is the original Denton*.

Now if Paul Denton was a genuine kid, how the hell did they get hold of him for experimentation? -- the answer is simple: forced donation.

This could work 2 ways, one: he was adopted/kidnapped by Page Industries for their experiments. But lets be serious here, what if his parents were employees of MJ12?, high ranking employees?
In the mix of Deus Ex you get alot of lies and rumors lusting you to do something you shouldn't do. Alot of deceit exists so what if Paul Denton got lied to just to join the NSF?

My theory is Mr and Mrs Denton were in one of the highest positions on the MJ12 job ladder -- but say they screw over Bob Page... Bob Page doesn't like this so the ginger orders his men to assassinate them while they're out driving as a couple (A very young Paul being present.) and make it look like a car accident.

All goes well but Paul survives, one of the assassination goons (that certain MiB) talks with Bob Page over his codec (I had to) and says that a child survived, Bob gets the evil idea to keep the kid and run his experiments on him, as a test dummy.

Anyway clones are born from Paul's DNA strands at one point, memory also altered at some point, gets tutored somewhere (iirc, a different country) and is sent straight to Unatco training.

One of the clones have started to be near completion, he is released at a certain date 5 years prior to the game he will go major memory alteration and hibilation.
That clone is JC Denton.

*Source: Deus Ex Bible
** Source: Deus Ex, Area 52 Boss
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sun Jan 07, 07 7:41 am

BladeRunner = best movie ever...

I agree roughly with Inferno's account... there is an implication during the game that Denton Senior and Bob Page communicated at one point... but then it echoes BladeRunner, but then Page gloats about the parents "squealing" when they were assassinated...so one must assume the Dentons were born from real parents, assassinated so that Page could modify the children...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby MrBlackDX » Sun Jan 07, 07 5:03 pm

However Jay

Unless Paul is "retrofitted" with Augs, how do you explain the "primary unit, secondary unit" talk between simons/ginger

Link me to this bible

--------

And blade runner does infact own, very much

Ironically i prefered it to "Do androids dream of electric sheep" the book its based on, however thats just my ignorance.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Sun Jan 07, 07 11:20 pm

MrBlack wrote:However Jay

Unless Paul is "retrofitted" with Augs, how do you explain the "primary unit, secondary unit" talk between simons/ginger

Link me to this bible

http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/apr ... ndex3.shtm

http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/apr ... ndex3.shtm

Extactly the same situation as the licker, Ben dear.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Tue Jan 09, 07 3:43 pm

I claimed it was 2057, due to a texture of a screen showing 2057. The more I look, the more it looks like 2051...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby James » Tue Jan 09, 07 3:56 pm

ShadowRunner wrote:I claimed it was 2057, due to a texture of a screen showing 2057. The more I look, the more it looks like 2051...

No, you are right lol, it is 2057.
Look at le bible.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Tue Jan 09, 07 4:40 pm

Inferno wrote:
ShadowRunner wrote:I claimed it was 2057, due to a texture of a screen showing 2057. The more I look, the more it looks like 2051...

No, you are right lol, it is 2057.
Look at le bible.

Le Bible says 2052
Dae
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sat Jan 13, 07 5:34 am

Ok, this is too confusing,

Let's just say Paul and JC were born in a nice little town called temingham
with lovlely parents called marsha and stewart. Marsha is 36 and Stewart is 37, Paul and JC grow up with lovlely family memories and their good old dog sparky.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Previous

Return to Deus Ex