[RELEASE] Physics Gun (V2)

This forum is related to alpha maps and mods only.

Moderator: Forum Guards

[RELEASE] Physics Gun (V2)

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Sun Sep 09, 07 6:51 pm

Since I'm slower than a marmot, I decided to release the eagerly awaited physics gun separately and not with SuperRocket_Lite2.

PS: READ! the readme.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here a preview video of the new physics gun.
It was also already tested by me, together with 2 membery of your community.

[youtube=BYQM_a9PyIM]Physics Gun V2[/youtube]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release of the physics gun version 2!
Download below.
Attachments
PhysGunModV2R.zip
Version 2 of the physics gun.
(408.96 KiB) Downloaded 2576 times
Last edited by ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ on Fri May 16, 08 12:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Sun Sep 09, 07 8:40 pm

Now can I have your children?
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby {17}Ales » Sun Sep 09, 07 9:03 pm

Sorry imp I have em already.
My msn is now updated add me xD.
{17}Ales
Regular

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Sun Sep 09, 07 9:20 pm

Incredible!
I'll release version 2 soon.
There the gun works a bit different.
The result is that it moves all objects that stand on the controlled object too.
Also telefragging is fixed there. (thx to {17}Ales for the initial idea)
Nobody is perfect...

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Mon Sep 10, 07 1:17 am

Thanks now I can have some fun in SP again 8)
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Mon Sep 10, 07 3:58 pm

wooters!! thanks for this gun it look AWESOME! ill have to wait to test it tho.. but if its as good as the trailer imma love it xD thanks[/list]
Sith....Jedi... All but mere titles... there is only one true God... and he is writing this now.
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Postby clyzm » Mon Sep 10, 07 10:17 pm

Nobody, did you receive my PM? :)
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Sep 10, 07 10:37 pm

Yeah, thanks. I'll give it a shot when I'm back from my grandparents. :)
Nobody is perfect...

~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Wed Sep 12, 07 4:07 pm

The guns awesome bug i found a few more buggys :(

when an admin moves a player, the player sorta jumpa to the floor , when u raise him / move him (not rotate) he jumps to the loctions then falls. if u understand o.O rotate is cool tho lmao XD its fun grabbing someone then rotating them o.o,

also if u jump on a ammocrate and rotate it u kinda move.. like super fast... u dont get thrown off but its waaay to dizzy

other than that im having fun throwing my players around and around and around xD

P.S when the guy falls they dont die. its just there icon i think

Edit:

when u rotate an object and throw it while roating it stops rotating :( can u fix that?
Last edited by -=BrotherBear=- on Wed Sep 12, 07 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sith....Jedi... All but mere titles... there is only one true God... and he is writing this now.
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Wed Sep 12, 07 8:17 pm

Oh.. I never thought about keeping it rotating while throwing lol
I can try to implement that, though. :)

That "bug" with players is caused by certain replication issues.
Fortunately, the new version uses a slightly different controlling system which also fixes this bug.. apart of the new feature that all objects which stay on the controlled object get moved too. :)
Nobody is perfect...

~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Wed Sep 12, 07 11:01 pm

New bug.

when ur moving something and u die.. um... u kinda bug a beam of light.. its stoped holding but its still there

also if u admin login and beam someone, then killthem witht he beam (like ramming them into the ground(FUN FUN FUN)) when the respawn the instantly jump to ur beam ready to take another beating o.o
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Postby Allan » Wed Sep 12, 07 11:21 pm

Brother Bear wrote:New bug.

when ur moving something and u die.. um... u kinda bug a beam of light.. its stoped holding but its still there

also if u admin login and beam someone, then killthem witht he beam (like ramming them into the ground(FUN FUN FUN)) when the respawn the instantly jump to ur beam ready to take another beating o.o

Hehe, your bug reports must be giving ol' Nobody a headache. But it's for the better of the weapon if you stick a fork in the electric socket to see what happens, so to speak. :P
Allan
Alpha

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Thu Sep 13, 07 12:29 am

Thanks for your bug reports. Since I test the physics gun alone on my test server, I can't find bugs, that don't occur with just one player on the server.
(Maybe I'll need a co-tester as victim for solving such bugs.)

btw.. your suggestion with objects keep rotating when throwing is implemented now. :)

@ALLAN: I DON'T GET HEADACHE IF THE MOD-NAME DOESN'T CONTAIN "MTL", "RPG" OR "FL" :!: :smt091
Nobody is perfect...

~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Roven » Thu Sep 13, 07 1:15 am

This is pretty fucking cool. Certainly a good admin tool.
Roven
Poster

Postby ~[ß]iohazardous~ » Thu Sep 13, 07 2:56 pm

after that i move a turret it don't work :S
~[ß]iohazardous~
Poster

Postby Kaiden » Thu Sep 13, 07 2:57 pm

Move a turret? You probably shouldn't do that lol.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Alex » Thu Sep 13, 07 3:10 pm

~[A]Nobody~ wrote:

Thanks for your bug reports. Since I test the physics gun alone on my test server, I can't find bugs, that don't occur with just one player on the server.

DON'T EVEN LOOK AT ME.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~[ß]iohazardous~ » Thu Sep 13, 07 3:37 pm

what happens if i move a player that is alredy using his gun ?

anyway a player launched a lam and i stopped it with the phisic gun and the bitch exploded ;)
~[ß]iohazardous~
Poster

Postby Dae » Thu Sep 13, 07 3:49 pm

This mod is winrar. Spent 3 hours in the singleplayer...
Dae
Alpha

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Thu Sep 13, 07 3:55 pm

~[A]Nobody~ wrote:

OOOO

OOOOOOOO

PICK MEEE!!!! :)

Also when u move the turrents, all it does it stop them moving... hmm ill have ot test rotateing them then letting go.. cause as they dont fall they may just kep spinning O.O

also when u pick up buttons and try and put them back guility.. they drop to the floor :(

edit:

when u move sec console.. u cn move them thru walls and because of that if u move em into a map boundery... the turrent is lost forever!
Last edited by -=BrotherBear=- on Thu Sep 13, 07 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Thu Sep 13, 07 4:24 pm

Ah, yeah, that problems with the non-colliding objects disappearing in the wall is still present. :x
Turrets keep working if you don't control their "head" but their... err... torso lol
If it still bugs, then I can promise that moving the turret torso works with with the next version.

I'm going to make a preview video of the next version. If the first one was already good, the next will be amazing. :D
Nobody is perfect...

~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Thu Sep 13, 07 4:59 pm

~[A]Nobody~ wrote:Ah, yeah, that problems with the non-colliding objects disappearing in the wall is still present. :x
Turrets keep working if you don't control their "head" but their... err... torso lol
If it still bugs, then I can promise that moving the turret torso works with with the next version.

I'm going to make a preview video of the next version. If the first one was already good, the next will be amazing. :D

cant u just keep adding the small updated ones??

like cant u just release the gun now objects stay rotating when u throw em? cause i wanna try a few things :)
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Fri Sep 14, 07 12:02 am

Preview video of the new physics gun posted on the first post.
Unfortunately, youtube ruined my awesome encoding. Perhaps I'll upload the original video the next days.
Nobody is perfect...

~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Fri Sep 14, 07 12:05 am

Awesome job! 8)
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Kaiden » Fri Sep 14, 07 1:25 am

Very nice video, I actually paused for a second in mid thought when I saw you spin it around and hurl it across the map. =D
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Survive. » Fri Sep 14, 07 8:16 am

That looks awesome! It's kinda like Garrys Mod for Half Life 2 Physics Gun ye?
Survive.
Master

Postby Dae » Fri Sep 14, 07 9:09 am

Why don't NPCs die when they're thrown in the sky?
Dae
Alpha

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Fri Sep 14, 07 5:09 pm

ive tested this new gun, believe me its good :) nobody has to work out a few kinks tho.. like u cant rotate pawns o.o

but once he does that its AWESOME!

btw this weekend (hopefully) i will be hosting the mod privetely (pm me for server password)
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Postby Allan » Fri Sep 14, 07 5:36 pm

Most pawns are on a constant rotation update, so can't easily be rotated. :(
Allan
Alpha

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Fri Sep 14, 07 5:39 pm

Allan wrote:Most pawns are on a constant rotation update, so can't easily be rotated. :(

Physgun 1 rotates pwns.. physgun 2 doesent.
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Next

Return to alpha laboratories