[MUTATOR] MMSwitchVote100

This forum is related to alpha maps and mods only.

Moderator: Forum Guards

[MUTATOR] MMSwitchVote100

Postby Alex » Thu Dec 06, 07 9:17 pm

<center>MMSwitchVote</center>

Description
Allows players in a server to initialize a vote whether a certain player should be switched to the opposing team or not. After the vote is started, players can vote if they want the player to be switched or not.
The player that will be switched does not lose anything (Not kills or whatever)

If the amount of people that vote 'No' is more or equal than the amount of people that vote 'Yes', the vote is cancelled.

Installation
Installation is easy. Download the 2 files, place them in your System and then open up your DeusEx.ini. Find the following:
Code: Select all
[DeusEx.DeusExGameEngine]

After that, add this:

ServerActors=MMSwitchVote100.VoteMutator

Then open Mutators.ini and add this at the bottom:
[MMSwitchVote100.VoteMutator]
VoteLength=3
RequiredPercentage=60

Usage
This mod is easy to use, I hope.
There are 3 available commands:
Mutate Switch.Vote [PlayerID]

This starts a vote concering the player with the given PlayerID.
You can obtain a playerID by typing 'playerlist' or by looking behind his name when he says something (Example: 'Player(5): HI!')
Mutate Switch.Yes

This votes 'Yes', in favour of transferring the player, when the vote is initalized.
Mutate Switch.No

This votes 'No', against transferring the player, when the vote is initalized.

Explanation
There are 2 configurable variables:
VoteLength
RequiredPercentage
VoteLength is the amount of time the mutator should wait before ending the vote.
This gets multiplied by 10. So 3 becomes 30 seconds.
RequiredPercentage is the required percentage of people that vote 'Yes'.
For example, if 3 out of 10 players vote 'Yes', the percentage is 30%.

Known Bugs
None so far. Please, report if found asap!

Special Thanks
Allan - Helping me testing this mod.

SOURCE IS POSTED IN SCRIPTING SOCIETY
Attachments
MMSwitchVote100.u
(13.73 KiB) Downloaded 1221 times
MMSwitchVote100.int
(129 Bytes) Downloaded 1256 times
Last edited by Alex on Thu Dec 06, 07 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Thu Dec 06, 07 9:46 pm

Good job!!

Sadly, I cant install mutators to my DXSG server :(
Last edited by Dae on Thu Dec 06, 07 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Dex » Thu Dec 06, 07 10:04 pm

So this is what you and [A]llan were testing. Nice job anyway :) -- p.s. this reminds me, is there any way to add a system where players vote for kicking another player?
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Thu Dec 06, 07 10:14 pm

[B2S]deXtrUktOR wrote:So this is what you and [A]llan were testing. Nice job anyway :) -- p.s. this reminds me, is there any way to add a system where players vote for kicking another player?

Has been made before by Alrightythen, it was abused by players kicking certain players.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Allan » Thu Dec 06, 07 11:14 pm

Alex, I just thought of something that we didn't test.

What happens if this mutator is used in a regular deathmatch?
Allan
Alpha

Postby Alex » Thu Dec 06, 07 11:16 pm

Good one. Teams don't matter in deathmatch, so the user just gets respawned, hehe.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Batchy » Thu Dec 06, 07 11:59 pm

Very epic. Good job
Mr.Fagstix wrote:This is why I fucking hate you. Because somehow you manage to take somebodies posts, twist them against them, troll them and flame bait them and then you still get away with it? Is this forums management on fucking crack or some shit? Fucking SERIOUSLY.
Batchy
Addict

Postby Baleout » Fri Dec 07, 07 5:55 pm

1) The commands can take too long to type.
2) New people and people who have the say command deleted will not be able or know how to vote.
3) Possible abuse by groups of people e.g. constantly changing teams/respawning people.
4) Does not solve the "fair teams" problem as the people with less players could just vote the best person from the other team.

The kicking players mod was abused, so what makes you think think this one will not?

Also, what's the point of the respawning people in deathmatches other than to screw over the other players?

Good idea, but flawed.
Baleout
Master

Postby Alex » Fri Dec 07, 07 6:16 pm

Baleout wrote:1) The commands can take too long to type.

Only for people who are lazy.
Baleout wrote:2) New people and people who have the say command deleted will not be able or know how to vote.

Then teach them?
Baleout wrote:3) Possible abuse by groups of people e.g. constantly changing teams/respawning people.

Exactly: GROUPS. How often does that happen?
Baleout wrote:4) Does not solve the "fair teams" problem as the people with less players could just vote the best person from the other team.

It takes a percentage of ALL players in the server to vote 'Yes', 60% is the default. How could the team with the least players vote for a best player to be switched?

Before posting, please think through what you want to post :)
Baleout wrote:Also, what's the point of the respawning people in deathmatches other than to screw over the other players?

Can't you read? Damn, people like you annoy me. If your server runs DeathMatch, than don't install this mod! How stupid can you be.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Baleout » Fri Dec 07, 07 6:30 pm

Then teach them?

They often do not listen or do not understand, or forget. Whoever is saying it.

Exactly: GROUPS. How often does that happen?

Often enough for me to consider it. E.g. several people in one clan joining a server. If these groups never happen, how was the kicking mod abused?

It takes a percentage of ALL players in the server to vote 'Yes', 60% is the default. How could the team with the least players vote for a best player to be switched?

New players etc like I said before would not vote.

Before posting, please think through what you want to post :)

I did.

Can't you read? Damn, people like you annoy me.

Ty

If your server runs DeathMatch, than don't install this mod!

Ok, I just thought that you may want to change this for people who want to host both.

How stupid can you be.

Ty

The kicking players mod was abused, so what makes you think think this one will not?
Last edited by Baleout on Fri Dec 07, 07 6:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Baleout
Master

Postby Alex » Fri Dec 07, 07 6:34 pm

If new players cannot learn how to use this mutator, they should leave the Deus Ex MultiPlayer community as everything requires commands (DXMTL, and a lot of other mutators).

=> The kicking players mod was abused, so what makes you think think this one will not?
Because switching someone to another team does not have an extreme effect. Kicking someone does.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Baleout » Fri Dec 07, 07 6:47 pm

OK.

Nice mod then. :)
Last edited by Baleout on Fri Dec 07, 07 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baleout
Master

Postby Kaiden » Fri Dec 07, 07 11:27 pm

Go make better then. :roll:

Nice mod, this running on DXAG?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Fri Dec 07, 07 11:38 pm

Dae[A] wrote:Good job!!

Sadly, I cant install mutators to my DXSG server :(

NOT MY FAULT! :wtf: ](*,)
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Sun Dec 23, 07 1:32 pm

Gotta say this is one of the best quote-based point-scoring threads I've ever seen lol.

I think the best way to get a feel for this mod would simply be to test it live. I won't be, as any server I host never really gets the need for this sorta thing, but I can see it's a really useful mod.

I know nothing about modding at this level, but would it be possible for something more closely related to MMAntiTK, where the admin calls a vote, and all players get a popup dialog box asking them to click yes or no? I believe this would work better for players of all skill levels.

Just a thought.
~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:Ppl play DX to kill stuff
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Sun Dec 23, 07 7:54 pm

I doubt that it's too hard to write a quoted text into the console. :?
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Dec 23, 07 8:12 pm

Do i keep score if im switched? Does it disable the voting system if gametype = DM ?

If I get to keep the score I dont care where Im switched, but Im sure itll be abused to some extent anyway.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Sun Dec 23, 07 8:26 pm

You keep your score, it's not disabled in DeathMatch. (If you host deathmatch, then don't install it ;))
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Dec 23, 07 8:29 pm

Alex wrote:You keep your score, it's not disabled in DeathMatch. (If you host deathmatch, then don't install it ;))

So it works excellently with your gametype switching.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Sun Dec 23, 07 8:31 pm

User wrote:
Alex wrote:You keep your score, it's not disabled in DeathMatch. (If you host deathmatch, then don't install it ;))

So it works excellently with your gametype switching.

Nope, but it's not really my mod :) All it does is execute a command.

But I will not edit the mod, I decided no longer to publish any mods I create, as all people try to do is either (try to) hack them, or have negative (and harsh) comments on them.
Alex
Alpha

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Sun Dec 23, 07 8:56 pm

NEgative ain't always bad. Harsh is usually uncalled for.

Shame. Ya made some damn good mods.
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby synthetic » Mon Dec 24, 07 11:15 am

Alex wrote:I decided no longer to publish any mods I create, as all people try to do is either (try to) hack them, or have negative (and harsh) comments on them.

lmao. Give it a rest. YOu create something you have the skills for, and afterwards comes a complete failure. Dude you need to drop it if you want to get somewhere in life :/ Constructive criticism and not-so-constructive criticism are part of the modding, along with abusing the mods. The mods are created to those that enjoy them. But lol, Im not surprised, Im just sad that you keep repeating this behavior. Merry Christmas.
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Dec 24, 07 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Mon Dec 24, 07 11:39 am

^ You're a tit, user.
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby Alex » Mon Dec 24, 07 11:50 am

User wrote:
Alex wrote:I decided no longer to publish any mods I create, as all people try to do is either (try to) hack them, or have negative (and harsh) comments on them.

lmao. Give it a rest. YOu create something you have the skills for, and afterwards comes a complete failure. Dude you need to drop it if you want to get somewhere in life :/ Constructive criticism and not-so-constructive criticism are part of the modding, along with abusing the mods. The mods are created to those that enjoy them. But lol, Im not surprised, Im just sad that you keep repeating this behavior. Merry Christmas.

I'm not talking about your comment :) There are people in the DX community that found an exploit for one of my modifications, which they are publishing.
And I can't fix it.
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Dec 24, 07 2:49 pm

Alex wrote:
User wrote:

I'm not talking about your comment :) There are people in the DX community that found an exploit for one of my modifications, which they are publishing.
And I can't fix it.

I didnt take it as a reply to my own comment.

You have released more mods than anyone else, mods that are innovative and mods that contain crucial fixes.
You should know that constructive criticism should help you consider introducing some changes to the mod that you, as a single person, made from your modder's point of view for much larger group of people. I believe you simply have problems accepting any kinds of suggestions as you believe what you made is just perfect. You may be wrong.

If you cannot fix existing mod then find a way to accomplish same goal with a different approach, or find some other coder to help you, perhaps from different community. If you want your mod off the "market" so it would no longer be abused, then I am sure there are methods of influence to reduce its use. Personally I believe youve released mod(s) that can be abused far beyond any possible bug you may have somewhere. But, of course, I dont know which mod and what kind of bug you are talking about.

edit: you know whats sad, you are excellent modder by dxmp terms, yet you cant keep yourself together. You want to know a silly analogue? What if Smookie actually _could_ have made _good_ maps and _good_ sigs? That would have been sad as well. On one side youd have these amazing maps, and on the other side you have some fucktard :o
edit2: this is not possible, "last post by: rodewijk" talk of the devil..
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Dec 24, 07 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Mon Dec 24, 07 3:05 pm

He can't fix the problem with it, it's beyond his knowledge I believe, and why would an outside coder help a "Dead game" He doesn't think it's perfect, that's why he's talking about this error in it. The mod in question is very useful, and if compromised would be rather annoying.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Dec 24, 07 4:59 pm

User wrote:You have released more mods than anyone else, mods that are innovative and mods that contain crucial fixes.
You should know that constructive criticism should help you consider introducing some changes to the mod that you, as a single person, made from your modder's point of view for much larger group of people. I believe you simply have problems accepting any kinds of suggestions as you believe what you made is just perfect. You may be wrong.

I don't think Alex considers his mods perfect and I know for sure that he accepts criticism, I feel that the problem is slightly different: some people, who aren't usually friendly to us and him in particular, do their best to dig into his mods in order to try to find bugs / ways to avoid security, to abuse them, share with others. Personally I'm certain it's unavoidable, but it's indeed very annoying.
Dae
Alpha

Postby [ß]Lost » Mon Dec 24, 07 5:33 pm

User wrote:edit: you know whats sad, you are excellent modder by dxmp terms, yet you cant keep yourself together. You want to know a silly analogue? What if Smookie actually _could_ have made _good_ maps and _good_ sigs? That would have been sad as well. On one side youd have these amazing maps, and on the other side you have some fucktard :o
edit2: this is not possible, "last post by: rodewijk" talk of the devil..

Smookie is and was an amazing mapper. He's come back to DXMP and I'm gonna make a clan map with him very soon :)
[ß]Lost
Regular

Postby synthetic » Mon Dec 24, 07 6:45 pm

Smookie can use UED, that does not make him a mapper, or an amazing one at that. Lets leave it to that. I am sure RTK has many amazing mappers as well. I had the luxury of playing in some ridiculous one-texture maze yesterday.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby [ß]Lost » Mon Dec 24, 07 7:47 pm

You obviously haven't seen his new work. No offence to RTK mappers since some of them are pretty good but their maps are nothing compared to smookies new ones :roll:
[ß]Lost
Regular

Next

Return to alpha laboratories