[PATCH] MMUserInterface (v1.8)

This forum is related to alpha maps and mods only.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Dae » Mon Feb 26, 07 7:31 pm

Nothing in the log either, i assume?
Dae
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Mon Feb 26, 07 7:33 pm

Maybe you changed something from version 120 to 130? I'm running version 120 and it's all fine, I can join any server, custom maps or not.
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Mon Feb 26, 07 7:34 pm

The exact same thing.

Code: Select all
Critical: UObject::GetFullName
Critical: TestReach
Critical: UStruct:SerializeBin
Critical: (Class DeusEx.deusexgspylink OwnerWindow[0])
Critical: UObject:Serialize
Critical: (deusexgspylink Entry.deusexgspylink0)
Critical: AActor:Serialize
Critical: ULevelBase:Serialize
Critical: ULevel:Serialize
Critical: UGameEngine:Serialize
Critical: (DeusExGameEngine Transient.DeusExGameEngine0)
Critical: XGameEngineExt:Serialize
Critical: TArray<<
Critical: UObject:SerializeRootSet
Critical: UObject::CollectGarbage
Critical: Cleanup
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: AttemptLoadPending
Critical: TickPending
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: XGameEngineExt::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Executing UObject:StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient:ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem:ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UD3DRenderDevice:ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Mon Feb 26, 07 8:46 pm

Hmmm.. getting the same error now too. I was playing IceWorld on DXMS server when I got a GPF. Now I can't join any severs at all! :shock:

I'll un-install it for now.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Alex » Mon Feb 26, 07 9:08 pm

It's weird though. It just comes up out of nothing. First it works perfectly, and then suddenly it crashes.
Alex
Alpha

Postby DarKnightKilla13 » Mon Feb 26, 07 9:13 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:Those 2 are combined yes. By adding more MasterServers to the .ini, you can view more in 1 list. But I suggest you keep it to the minimum, so... I'm sorry to say this, I advice you don't use your own MasterServer or the MasterServer hosted by DarKnightKilla13.

Well sorry to say but you're missing a few servers then. Adding mine won't make too much of a hassle.... oooooohhh it takes 1 more second to load instead of 2 seconds... I'm sorry but I found it takes the same exact time, 1.6 seconds, with 2 masterservers as with 3 (the 3rd being included being my own) and my friend compy did the same for me as a test and his internet is slow as hell.

I'm sorry but I did this to help the community and pushing me away with no proof that it takes anything but a possible 1 second more to load a simple serverlist is an .... if you ask me, that is .... rude way of saying thanks for making a backup MS.

On a side note 1.20 works like a charm and I won't be updating it yet...
DarKnightKilla13
Wannabe

Postby Alex » Mon Feb 26, 07 9:30 pm

You say your MS has servers that DXMS doesn't have? And your MS makes it quite a lot slower, about 2x. I said "sorry" for advising it to people, but if you react like that, I will take back my words, and just say the following:

Do not add any other masterserver besides DXMS & GameSpy! They make your Deus Ex slower without adding any more servers! Do not and I repeat do not add any more MasterServers!

Happy?
Alex
Alpha

Postby DarKnightKilla13 » Mon Feb 26, 07 9:46 pm

I'm happy about one thing, you just proved you're an ungrateful ass. Here's the point, you guys can use as much support as you can get, am I not right? I do you guys a little treat because in the first place DXMTL was going down and probably will still be soon, and second I wanted to help. Prove it that my MS slows it down 2x. It does not. The only possible explanation could be if you're from the UK. But oh, I'm so sorry you're so impatient you can't wait 2 more seconds. It takes 5 seconds max. 5 seconds out of a whole day full of seconds.... let's do the math.... 5 seconds.... 60 seconds to a minute, 60 minutes to an hour... that would be 3600 seconds. 5 seconds.... 3600 seconds.... 5 seconds to load a list, 1 hour to enjoy playing......

If you're so impatient that you can't spare 5 seconds to load a server list...................

In all reality this isn't intended as a flame. Quite the opposite I'm making a point of reality. You won't get along with others and you won't have much support left if you continue to think that you are the best and that everything you say goes, and the fact that everything else you say is the best -- like dxmtl.eu and whatever else have you......... or hey maybe it's your mod that's slow!.........
DarKnightKilla13
Wannabe

Postby Alex » Mon Feb 26, 07 9:48 pm

Hey, if you don't agree what I advise when using my mod, then fucking stay out of this thread.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Mon Feb 26, 07 9:51 pm

No need to be a bitch, babe :lol:
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby DarKnightKilla13 » Mon Feb 26, 07 9:52 pm

I don't agree because you're purposely cutting me out... in fact you haven't changed a bit Alex, you haven't learned to try other things because what you say goes but it doesn't always work that way in real life.

Need I say it again, IS 2 seconds more loading going to kill you (that is if you're from a different country)???

If you think that's bad, check out CSS or BF2 or BF2142, or even sometimes AA where it takes 5 minutes to query 100 servers. Think I'm kidding? Buy it and try.
DarKnightKilla13
Wannabe

Postby Jon » Mon Feb 26, 07 9:55 pm

DarKnightKilla13 wrote:I'm happy about one thing, you just proved you're an ungrateful ass...

...In all reality this isn't intended as a flame.

hmm.

DXMTL isn't going down.
Jon
Alpha

Postby Alex » Mon Feb 26, 07 9:55 pm

I am not cutting you out because you are you. I am because you host a Masterserver from a home computer, and DXMTL & GameSpy aren't hosted from a home computer. And I haven't changed a bit? Tell me, when did you meet me before then? And trust me, I try a lot of new things.
Alex
Alpha

Postby DarKnightKilla13 » Mon Feb 26, 07 9:59 pm

I've known you for 4 years, bro... you just won't recognize me and would probably deny you knew me even if I mentioned old names, although DarKnightKilla13 is the all-time old name for me.

My PC hosting this has nothing to do with this, if you read before posting you'd know I host servers professionally

I have probably 10 no lag servers running right off my PC's. If you have any questions that they are really no lag, masta can tell you about the other day testing my DX server where his ping was only 135, and on top of that mind you he's from the NL and I'm from the US.

I have more bandwidth and speed then a webserver/gameserver, they're only normally backboned with T1, sometimes T2 fiber lines, I'm on 30/5 mbit fiber. I already explained why it takes, ohh 2 more seconds maybe to load.

Brings me back to the original question you're running around like usual: Will it kill you to wait 2 more seconds? Answer honestly, would you be slitting your wrists for waiting 2 more seconds for the list to load because you're from a different country than me?

If you answer no, and honestly there's no reason in total honesty why 2 seconds would kill you, then you have no legit reason to cut me out of the picture here.
Last edited by DarKnightKilla13 on Mon Feb 26, 07 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarKnightKilla13
Wannabe

Postby Alex » Mon Feb 26, 07 10:01 pm

I haven't been playing Deus Ex for 4 years.

EDIT: Ever use 'slitting your wrists' again, and you're mine.
Last edited by Alex on Mon Feb 26, 07 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Mon Feb 26, 07 10:01 pm

Need I say it again, IS 2 seconds more loading going to kill you (that is if you're from a different country)???

He's from the Netherlands. 8)

I live in the UK and it takes me about 5-8 seconds to load the MS now.
Last edited by Kaiden on Mon Feb 26, 07 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Mon Feb 26, 07 10:02 pm

i xan see everything great worck [A]
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby DarKnightKilla13 » Mon Feb 26, 07 10:05 pm

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:

He's from the Netherlands. 8)

I live in the UK and it takes me about 5-8 seconds to load the MS now.

2 seconds more with adding mine on I'm talking about :shock:

My mistake, you're right. In my haste to reply I typed 4 instead of 3. I meant 3 years.

And don't try to say you haven't, the proof is just looking at the first time you posted in the forums........ Friday, December 5th, 2003.
DarKnightKilla13
Wannabe

Postby Alex » Mon Feb 26, 07 10:09 pm

What was your name then? And what was mine?
I don't believe what you say at the moment, since I am completely different right now.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Cozmo » Mon Feb 26, 07 10:19 pm

Will it kill you to wait 2 more seconds?

Yes. :D
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A tool for creating multiplayer RPG stuff
Cozmo
Master

Postby Mastakilla » Mon Feb 26, 07 10:24 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:What was your name then? And what was mine?
I don't believe what you say at the moment, since I am completely different right now.

Begin vorig jaar, [242]Zulu_Dark.

Ken je tog nog wel?
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Kaiden » Mon Feb 26, 07 10:30 pm

*Prod* Someone clean the topic and like make a "Discussion about MMUserInterface" Topic! :? I mean, http://zeroaugs.dxalpha.com/ sends you here, and people who visit this link for the first time without seeing DxAlpha and gonna think we are all evil because your arguing. :cry:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Mon Feb 26, 07 11:12 pm

tbh that site is kinda scary...

"SO YOU WANT 0 AUGS? YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO A TOPIC WHERE EVERYTHING IS EXPLAINEDz0rz"

Looks like someone is going to hack you :lol:
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Alex » Tue Feb 27, 07 8:30 am

[A]MastaKilla wrote:
~[A]lex~ wrote:What was your name then? And what was mine?

Begin vorig jaar, [242]Zulu_Dark.

Ken je tog nog wel?

Die flikker? Dat meen je niet. Dan heeft hij nog geluk dat ik hem niet ban ;) :P
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Tue Feb 27, 07 11:29 am

It's up to player whether to add more masterservers or not. For me it takes ~5 seconds max with two masterservers and if another ms would give some new servers, I'm ready to wait thrice more.

Adding more servers or not is completely up to the player. By default, MMUserInterface installs gamespy and dxmtl and that's fair in current situation. But I disagree - you shouldn't insist on not adding any more, Alex (not to mention bCombinelist = false case). Each person is capable of deciding whats best for him.

But I believe it's a good thing that someone hosts a backup ms as FGS are not planning to continue supporting the game and they will stop hosting in approximately 8 months, if I'm not mistaken.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Tue Feb 27, 07 10:10 pm

I didn't insist in the first place. I advised it. And I apologised to those who ran other MasterServers. But I guess it wasn't enough for DarKnightKilla.

Updated MMUserInterface! Download latest version in first post! Bug seems to be fixed!
Alex
Alpha

Postby Cozmo » Tue Feb 27, 07 10:15 pm

Do you have to make a new filename each time? I'm lazy, and if it's client sided only, there should be no version mismatches. :)

I'm just lazy. :)
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
Cozmo
Master

Postby Alex » Tue Feb 27, 07 10:16 pm

It's an AUTOMATIC INSTALLER. No talking about lazy now, eh ;)
Alex
Alpha

Postby Cozmo » Tue Feb 27, 07 10:17 pm

Yeah, I just spotted that. Nevermind. :D
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
Cozmo
Master

Postby Kamikaze » Tue Feb 27, 07 11:07 pm

So, this fixes the problem with getting GPFs when you have the lists combined?
Kamikaze
Wannabe

PreviousNext

Return to alpha laboratories