[GAMEMODE] MultiDX

This forum is related to alpha maps and mods only.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Jon » Mon Apr 23, 07 4:18 pm

Based on comments and the fact that I'm having trouble with the gametype change feature, I've put it on my favourite gametype; ManHunt - any other requests for the server, post it at dxms.co.uk, ta.

Alex: The problem still persists even when the mapvote mod is turned off!
Jon
Alpha

Postby Alex » Mon Apr 23, 07 4:44 pm

PM me the DeusEx.ini (So don't place it here, PM it to me!)
Alex
Alpha

Postby chinny » Sun Apr 29, 07 5:48 pm

I put those 4 files in my system folder, and added the lines to my deus ex.ini but no joy, when i host its as if i didnt change anything, do i need to delete any lines from my deus ex.ini?
[url=http:///dxfactory.freeforums.org]Image[/url]
chinny
Wannabe

Postby Imperial » Sun Apr 29, 07 5:53 pm

Please post your deus ex ini
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Jon » Sun Apr 29, 07 5:59 pm

Chin - on the ServerActors line, the 'gametype=' section is on the same line - insert a space between the MultiDX ServerActor and the gametype strings
Jon
Alpha

Postby chinny » Sun Apr 29, 07 6:14 pm

cheers jon, i did like u said and under game type i can see manhunt, so im assuming it's all kosher 8) , on a side note i can't seem to find the motd mod anywhere... :P
chinny
Wannabe

Postby Imperial » Sun Apr 29, 07 6:19 pm

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby chinny » Sun Apr 29, 07 6:24 pm

-indigo- wrote:http://www.dxmtl.eu/Attachments/mod_dxmotd_v100_209.zip

ta mate, one problem i am having is that the bomb type game is not appearing, im assuming i have to place the bomb manually, if so where and how do i do that?
chinny
Wannabe

Postby Imperial » Sun Apr 29, 07 7:22 pm

The barrel to where the bomb will go off is in a fixed place to my knowledge

At the moment, the gametypes seem not to be shuffling like they should, so I think you will have to pick it manually

So if you want the bomb mode, you will have to predefine that when you host

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Sun Apr 29, 07 7:37 pm

Read the ReadMe! You log-in as Admin, go to a place and type a command like placebomb or something; it's in the ReadMe. Then the MultiDx.ini will save the location permenantly, unless you change it. All maps included in your DeusEx.ini must have a bomb location within them for PlantTheBomb GameType to work. Text-book answer!
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Sun Apr 29, 07 7:54 pm

lol not readme

On the first message or on the link on site, but never readme :(

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Sun Apr 29, 07 8:05 pm

! Hm, ok.. on the download page it is explained.. I read it somewhere!
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby chinny » Sun Apr 29, 07 8:21 pm

actually im having the same prob as jon had, i'm only getting the manhunt game , and not the juggernaught and bomb game.
chinny
Wannabe

Postby Professor Layton » Sun Apr 29, 07 8:50 pm

As far as I know that problem wasn't fixed yet.
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby chinny » Sun Apr 29, 07 10:36 pm

right ok, so is there guys working on this problem?

offtopic: if i take a standard dx map say smuggler, but move some spawn point locations (not add or takeaway) will people have to download it as a new version or will they instantanously join the server?
chinny
Wannabe

Postby Allan » Sun Apr 29, 07 10:48 pm

chinny wrote:right ok, so is there guys working on this problem?

offtopic: if i take a standard dx map say smuggler, but move some spawn point locations (not add or takeaway) will people have to download it as a new version or will they instantanously join the server?
Re-download. The MD5 hash (File identifier) for the file will be different from the people's who're connecting, meaning they've got to delete their own one to connect to yours.
Allan
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Apr 30, 07 2:17 pm

I played a lot on Chin's server last night, on standard maps, so Id like to suggest few improvements:

Some improvements:

Plant the Bomb:

Bomb planter
+ How about similarly to other game types there is one person with red arrow from start, in terrorists team, that has the capability of setting up the bomb somewhere on the map. Placing the bomb will also be timed, so unatco with good teamwork can stop NSF from planting the bomb in the first place. Make it perhaps 1-2 minutes even. That would also somewhat increase the need for teamwork to hold the spot, and balance the sides, as NSF no longer needs to waste time looking for the bomb they should have in the first place.
+ How about also adding an option to move the bomb to the same person. As in, to move it to a safer place, this may be an overkill already though.
+ It would function perhaps by disallowing the bomb planter to take any weapons, and he can plant the bomb by pressing some key, like FIRE or.. crouch.. and sticking around that spot for 1-2 minutes just like when arming or disarming the bomb. Any additional options could also be given to the bomb planter, or "engineer". As long as his duties border with placing the bomb and not moving the bomb there will not be a need for bomb planter after he dies and bomb is already placed, so he will re-spawn as normal terrorist.
+ Well, as for other funny ideas, how about allowing that bomb planter - engineer also slowly build metal/wooden crate-like structures, destroyable and take some time to build, not movable. :P

Juggernaut:

+ Gains kills while juggernaut, obviously! Killing the juggernaut in the first place will still reward the player with 5 kills.
+ Remove medbots (assuming it is easier than just removing single medbots that are campable, like smuggler's)
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Professor Layton » Mon Apr 30, 07 3:07 pm

As for plant the bomb, I can remember on DXMS that one would just feigndeath close to the bomb, giving him a few secs more to survive, which can make the difference between getting the bomb or not as it only takes like 10 secs to fuse/defuse it. Apart from that the game can be really fun on some maps!

Though I'd advise taking DXMS_rooftop off the server, when it's up again as it already takes about a minute to get from the ground spawn to the bomb, kinda making it impossible to defuse the bomb once it has been fused, if you just died.
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby chinny » Mon Apr 30, 07 6:49 pm

ok i took of the mutate mapvote mutator now the game modes do toggle fine, however i have been experiencing (currently and prior to taking off mapvote) the bomb game with no bomb set up!.

edit: it seems to be adding standard maps to deusex.ini map list, therefore no bomb co-ordinates are set up.
chinny
Wannabe

Postby Mastakilla » Mon Apr 30, 07 7:40 pm

You banned me from your asshole server for saying "ass".

Ass.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby chinny » Mon Apr 30, 07 8:03 pm

no i didnt, i simply took the server off to imitate banning you, and it worked, who's the ass now?
Last edited by chinny on Tue May 01, 07 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
chinny
Wannabe

Postby synthetic » Mon Apr 30, 07 8:30 pm

that spells o w n e d :P

Good game yesterday btw chin, what you think of the suggestions i posted earlier?
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Allan » Mon Apr 30, 07 10:41 pm

[A] MASTAKILLA wrote:You banned me from your asshole server for saying "ass".

Ass.
BANNED.

I too seem to be experiencing the switching problem on occasion... Seems to be random though. I've probably not added bombs in all the maps.
Allan
Alpha

Postby chinny » Tue May 01, 07 1:02 am

[REN]UNDEAD wrote:Good game yesterday btw chin, what you think of the suggestions i posted earlier?

Yeah the games are a proper laugh!

Regarding the Bomb Game:

I Like the idea of a designated "bomber" who plants the bomb, and also the fact that he/she would have the arrow above him/her. And the fact that you could feasibly keep killing the bomb carrier thus making NSF unable to plant the bomb in the first place.

It would also be nice if the bomb wasn't like a barrel but a smaller portable looking device, i.e. block of dynamite with clock. Maybe the bomb carrier could have the bomb in his/her inventory at the start say like with a lam icon, and maybe the bomb could just be a lam but one that is 2-4 times the size, then the bomb could be put in some very tight places, that would kick ass.

Regarding the Juggernaut:

I think the juggernaut HAS to gain kills, otherwise the juggernaut is actually better off feeding himself to someone with a low score, maybe just 1 kill for every juggernaut kill, and perhaps 10 for killing the juggernaut, or perhaps an option to tinker the scoring with.

As you said the medbots have to be taken out, the problem with this however is that on the other modes this will still be the case which is kinda hindering.

Anyway it's up to the guys what they want to do with this mod, there's still a few issues with mod, but hopefully this mod can be fixed and improved!

@Allan I'm getting the same problems, also sometimes there is no bomb in place after i've already placed it, because the game is effectively adding standard maps to my deusex.ini maplist thus no bomb in place, again though as you said it seems to be quite a random phenomenon.
chinny
Wannabe

Postby synthetic » Tue May 01, 07 1:26 am

I think medbots in jugg game are ok, anyone can steal juggs charge, but campable medbots are the problem, in smugg jugg is shielded from 4 sides really.

And right now Jugg gametype is the most unique lmao.

1) Kill Jugg asap
2) LET low score kill you, kill all highscore players first
3) kill that lowscore Jugg, have someone lower kill you.
4) kill any non-juggernauts for medkits/to get rid of competition =D
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed May 02, 07 6:46 pm

Question

Is MultiDX and DXAG theoretically compatible?
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Alex » Wed May 02, 07 6:53 pm

No. They are both gamemode's. Thus cannot be played at the same time.
Alex
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed May 02, 07 6:56 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:No. They are both gamemode's. Thus cannot be played at the same time.

would have been nice :(
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby synthetic » Wed May 02, 07 7:10 pm

well integrate them? I was wondering anyhow when youd add some augmented gametypes, and AG is one of such.

I realize its probably not just that easy, but its a worth idea.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat May 05, 07 1:29 pm

Jon wrote:Based on comments and the fact that I'm having trouble with the gametype change feature, I've put it on my favourite gametype; ManHunt - any other requests for the server, post it at dxms.co.uk, ta.

Alex: The problem still persists even when the mapvote mod is turned off!

howbout post the current maplist here...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to alpha laboratories