Apple's Barrage of Lawsuits.

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Apple's Barrage of Lawsuits.

Postby Aidan » Sat Jun 25, 11 7:59 pm

So NOW apple is suing Samsung in Soel for copying the ipad 2's design?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-24/apple-files-patent-suit-against-samsung-electronics-in-s-korea.html

This is getting ridiculous. By now, I'm positive that apple has the world record for lawsuits.

YOU CANT PATENT EVERYTHING APPLE.

YOU CANT KEEP ALL THE TOYS TO YOURSELF LITTLE BILL. YOU GOTTA LET LITTLE JIMMY PLAY WITH THEM TOO.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Sat Jun 25, 11 8:01 pm

Old as Hell, but funny.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sat Jun 25, 11 8:07 pm

Yeah, I thought I'd bring up an old, but relevant picture because Jobs is being a douchbag.

We can copy Samsung.

-but Samsung can't copy us.

OH WAIT. WE ONLY THINK THEY'RE COPYING US.

LETS SUE THE FUCK OUT OF 'EM!

YEAH STEVE

C'MON, LETS GO

TAKE EM FOR ALL THEIR WORTH
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Sat Jun 25, 11 8:10 pm

Whatever you do, don't bring up that "Apple can buy the entire market" article because I'd fume at how biased it is.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sat Jun 25, 11 8:40 pm

James wrote:Whatever you do, don't bring up that "Apple can buy the entire market" article because I'd fume at how biased it is.

Last time someone brought that up on OCN forums I flipped on them.

The most they could do is maybe buy the cellphone market, which I doubt they'd do. There's so many factors, that saying something such as that is quite ignorant. It seems like they're having too much fun with these lawsuits :lol:
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Psycho » Sat Jun 25, 11 8:47 pm

Aidan wrote:
James wrote:Whatever you do, don't bring up that "Apple can buy the entire market" article because I'd fume at how biased it is.

Last time someone brought that up on OCN forums I flipped on them.

The most they could do is maybe buy the cellphone market, which I doubt they'd do. There's so many factors, that saying something such as that is quite ignorant. It seems like they're having too much fun with these lawsuits :lol:

There are laws which will stop the taking over the entire industry anyways. They will never dominate the whole cellphone market. Not long ago Sky were forced to go to court, and hand some sports rights to BT Vision etc, to make sure that they didn't dominate the industry to much.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Sat Jun 25, 11 9:06 pm

I don't want to defend Apple, but the first thing to blame here is patent legislation in the U.S and World in general, which allows patenting abstract ideas (and don't tell me "methods for interacting with a webpage or other screen element using one or more fingers" is not an abstract idea). And in this environment Apple does what it should do because everyone does it: they pay hundreds of millions for settlements ([1], [2], [3] etc) and sue others to get their money back.

There's no logic, no common sense, it all has nothing to do with inventions and innovations, it's just a fun game for a bunch of high profile lawyers to play.

Last edited by Dae on Sat Jun 25, 11 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Return to Gaming and Technology