DIABLO 3

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby James » Thu Aug 16, 12 5:13 pm

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Fri Aug 17, 12 1:30 am

Completely lost interest in D3 at the beginning of the 3rd play-through after realizing it was the exact same thing but mobs one shot you slightly harder.

Dunno, enjoyed the game, and I appreciate the diablo franchise isn't about 'omg you've reached endgame time to raid these bosses' etc, but was still disappointed overall, even though I did enjoy D2.

Ah well, didn't pay for it so can't really fault it I guess.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Fri Aug 17, 12 4:07 am

Yeah, I've always considered action RPGs to be a "hit or miss" type game. You either like farming the same bosses and mobs looking for loot or you don't, as that's all there really is to the game in the end.

Some people loved the PvP in Diablo II but I don't really care for it nor find it the selling point of any action RPG. I actually loathe the idea of PvP being added to D3 because if WoW is any indication of how Blizzard design games then expect to see yet another roller-coaster ride of what is apparently called "game balance".
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Psychotic » Sat Aug 18, 12 5:47 pm

"Describe Diablo 3's patch 1.0.4 in 3 words": Haters gonna hate.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby James » Mon Aug 20, 12 5:46 pm

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Mon Aug 20, 12 6:27 pm

I laugh at all the peeps who wasted millions of MF gear! Though really, if you spend millions on gear and don't expect it to be replaced in future patches, you deserve all the hate poured on you.

I like the idea of this Paragon system but that's largely because, being a fairly traditional role-playing gamer, I also like the idea of useless levelling systems that reward me with little more than a "DING!" sound.

On another note, it's been a day and I'm still raging over the David Brevik debable. However, I no longer care about Wilson or any other developer except a man named Andrew Silvernail, who can suck my balls and chew on lead.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Psychotic » Mon Aug 20, 12 10:14 pm

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1320-par ... exp-chart/

If true, we are so fucked. :P

Is 300% MF really worth it? It's not something I'd ever deliberately farm for with those rates, just something I'd gradually get to and go "Oh, sweet." whenever I level up.
Psychotic
Master

Postby James » Tue Aug 21, 12 1:46 am

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Tue Aug 21, 12 1:09 pm

A few things I found interesting:

• A repair tab has been added to the Blacksmith
  • Destructible objects now have a chance to drop items again
  • The text color of gems, potions, crafting pages and tomes dropped on the ground has been changed from white to light blue

Paragon levelling also shouldn't be too difficult with the +exp from Nephalem's Valor, as well as the 60% exp boost to monsters of level 61+ (which is mostly rares, elites, etc). But it's still going to take time with the recorded total XP needed anywhere between 315 million and 10.5 billion.

[e] XP gems also work with Paragon, for anyone who absolutely must have level 100 in less than a week.

[e2] This was interesting, and the tidbit about the 300% cap is pretty hilarious.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1322-pat ... -chambers/

What made the choice for 300 to be the cap for MF? (Without the NV added)
Well it's because right now you can't get 300...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ImpK ... ro/3330596

This guy has 324%. Without buffs.
Last edited by Psychotic on Tue Aug 21, 12 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Psychotic » Tue Aug 21, 12 11:33 pm

Seems the Paragon XP chart released by DiabloFans is, indeed, accurate.

The first level doesn't take too long and I expect the first 5 total wouldn't, but it's going to get so much grindy as time passes on simply because XP no longer scales.

I made a spreadsheet to work in some calculations for total hours at different experience per hour rates. If you can average 10 million exp per hour, it'll take 1045.4 hours to get to PL100. If you play 3 hours per day, that's 348 days.
Last edited by Psychotic on Tue Aug 21, 12 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Psychotic » Thu Aug 23, 12 12:25 am

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6398870250

PR stunt or sincere gesture?

Gonna say the first one: He'll keep spouting his crap, he'll just make sure the doors are actually closed when he does it next.

Not that I had a major issue with what he actually said, just the underlying tones.
Last edited by Psychotic on Thu Aug 23, 12 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby James » Thu Aug 23, 12 7:27 am

Read it again this morning, I believe it is sincere.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Thu Aug 23, 12 1:06 pm

I'm a sceptic by nature and the attitude expressed by both Wilson and his colleagues makes it incredibly difficult for me to believe in any "sincerity" they might try and pass off. This was why their comments were problematic (as I keep saying). It was never the language or the words, it was how the rather callous disregard for the players concerns, most of which echoed what Brevik had to say.

It shouldn't be surprising, really. When you make comments like they did then and those become public then my attitude towards you shouldn't come as a surprise.

This does not mean to say I hate Diablo 3. I love Diablo 3, it has it's problems but I wouldn't keep playing it if I hated it. I also get more upset over games I love than I do about games I hate, because I want them to be good. I simply cannot believe a word the developers say anymore.

Of course, I've taken much of what Blizzard has said for the past 2-3 with a grain of salt, honestly. I just don't like the way some of their employees treat the fans, nor do I like some of the solutions they come up to problems.
Psychotic
Master

Postby UT » Sat Aug 25, 12 1:18 pm

Still no pvp, RIP Blizzard.

James wrote:(Chloe do you have SSF4AE for PC? We should play sometime. x)

I've just bought it on PC because my xbox is out. Why not then, but i'm terribad xD.
Last edited by UT on Sat Aug 25, 12 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tim Sweeeeeeney<3
James wrote:Of course I do I'm living the dream!!!!

DJ wrote:wat dream

Chloe wrote:me, ofc
UT
Elite

Location: Action de déterminer avec précision le lieu de quelque chose.

Postby Psychotic » Sat Aug 25, 12 10:39 pm

Now to find someone to pay over 200 million for it.
Psychotic
Master

Postby James » Sun Aug 26, 12 7:06 am

Dat huge bonus experience for a lowbie.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Sun Aug 26, 12 11:29 am

James wrote:Dat huge bonus experience for a lowbie.

Yeah, it's insane.

It's also incredibly obscure since you have to farm it in Act 2 Normal.

[e] Sold the item on the RMAH for max buyout ($250 US), waiting for the transaction to process now.
Last edited by Psychotic on Sun Aug 26, 12 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Kaiden » Sun Aug 26, 12 3:57 pm

Someone bought a diablo item for $250?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Sun Aug 26, 12 4:00 pm

$246 to be precise but yes, they did.

People have paid more over the years for Diablo II items, you just don't see it as often because it had to be done outside the game.

http://i.imgur.com/RsDtr.png

I personally don't plan on buying anything from the RMAH unless it's using money I made using the RMAH to begin with.

There's no real temptation for me to buy things with real money since I'd rather find it myself, or use the in-game gold I accumulate on the standard Auction House (I don't use gold for anything else so I may as well use it on the AH).
Last edited by Psychotic on Sun Aug 26, 12 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby James » Sun Aug 26, 12 6:36 pm

Straight to Bnet balance eh? Congratulations on free Blizzard games forever.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Mon Aug 27, 12 9:44 pm

Hah, was sure I selected PayPal. Guess not, oh well, found another one anyway. :P
Psychotic
Master

Postby Professor Layton » Tue Aug 28, 12 5:01 am

Hahaha what...

Are you literally farming that area?
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Psychotic » Tue Aug 28, 12 8:16 am

I alternate between that area and your standard Inferno areas for Paragon experience.

I want at least some progress at Paragon experience but also see no reason to stop farming a ring that stills for well over 100m.

I understand some people would find this grind as tedious and almost job-like. I'm not worried by it, personally.
Psychotic
Master

Previous

Return to Gaming and Technology