Team Fortress 2

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby James » Thu Sep 03, 09 7:21 am

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2787

No more idle program. 2 of my beautiful hats have been destroyed.
Last edited by James on Thu Sep 03, 09 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 9:38 am

Read this hours ago, haven't checked if I've lost anything yet (chances are extremely high). What pisses me off is this quote they made on the post itself:

Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today, this time we're only removing the items earned through cheating the system.

They had no policy, they even admit it. So how can we be punished for breaking "rules" that were never there in the first place? This reminds me of how my ISP bottlenecks my cousins speed because he uses more bandwidth than most (he's on an unlimited plan they pulled) - but when he joined up they had no Fair Use Policy, so it's their own goddamn fault.

This article on the forums has a good example for it for those who don't understand: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... 7&t=956278

We are further being punished by the incompetence of man. Why do they think people idled? Because their broken system wouldn't give them anything. I don't care about some collector's item hat that only non-idlers can get, I care about the fact that Valve, like many other companies before them, are punishing their userbase for their own goddamn mistakes.

EDIT: Someone removed the forum topic. Bastards.
Last edited by Mr. Tastix on Thu Sep 03, 09 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 12:46 pm

I haven't lost anything (and therefore gained the hat) surprisingly enough. Though I never did do any idling, I did join idle servers though out of sheer curiosity (which is why I thought I may have lost items). Killing idlers was also fucking funny.

Though to anyone who got it, many server admins are jealous and apparently have banned people for using the hat in-game. So I just wouldn't bother at this moment. It's purely cosmetic anyway and won't serve you in many ways except possibly a quick ban.
Last edited by Mr. Tastix on Thu Sep 03, 09 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Baleout » Thu Sep 03, 09 1:27 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Baleout
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 1:28 pm

Baleout wrote:BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I am confused.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Professor Layton » Thu Sep 03, 09 1:59 pm

Goodbye hat and most of my items :(
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Baleout » Thu Sep 03, 09 2:01 pm

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Baleout
Master

Postby Professor Layton » Thu Sep 03, 09 2:02 pm

Baleout wrote:AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
DIEEEEEEE
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

AHHAHEHAEHAHEA

Postby Baleout » Thu Sep 03, 09 2:04 pm

Last edited by Baleout on Thu Sep 03, 09 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baleout
Master

Postby Zantinzuken » Thu Sep 03, 09 4:25 pm

Crap. Lost like half my items.
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Re: AHHAHEHAEHAHEA

Postby Professor Layton » Thu Sep 03, 09 4:46 pm

Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby James » Thu Sep 03, 09 5:12 pm

I still have pyro beanie but waaaah
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 5:24 pm

Like I said, it's pathetic really. I never lost any items but I don't think anyone should have. The fact people are being blamed for Valve's broken system is fucking retarded. What I find worse is they knew the reaction of the random drop system from the day it was implemented.

The reception for it was pretty bad but did they do anything? No, they sat on their fat asses and done NOTHING. Ignored it. Entirely. This answers jack fucking shit and only made me ask more questions. They also knew about idlers THEN, people fucking admitted to doing it and even SUGGESTED doing doing it on their goddamn forums.

So now they remove players items that they got from "cheating the system". How do you cheat a system which was already fucking broken and had NO RULES? Think of it like this: Let's say playing video games wasn't illegal, and then the Governments decided to make it illegal. And then they arrested you for having played video games in the past.

How many people do you think would find that even remotely fair (ignoring the fact that banning video games would be hugely retarded anyway)? I know I fucking wouldn't. And this is exactly what Valve have done.

Fucking. Ridiculous.

EDIT: Oh and for those who don't read the TF2 Community Forums (I generally only do after major updates like these ones) the community is literally torn asunder, right in two. Just like it was when Valve introduced the random drop system in the first place.

Server admins are banning people for wearing a halo, for not wearing it, for doing fucking anything. Half the community has become so pissed off at Valve they vent on the forums and the other half complain about them complaining.

This isn't the worst update to hit Team Fortress 2. The random drop system was, why? Because IT STARTED THIS SHIT. On another note. I feel like trolling the TF2 forums since it's so easy to do at times like this. Oh and I lol'd at this quote.
Last edited by Mr. Tastix on Thu Sep 03, 09 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby James » Thu Sep 03, 09 5:25 pm

Oh shit I understand you now, yeah this is entirely fucked up. WHY did they take my items AFTER they put rules in place.
FUCK
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 5:40 pm

I'd like to point out that I honestly feel sorry for you, James. And every other person in your position. To me, 4.5% of the player-base being idlers may be a bit under-exaggerated. And it may be true but that 4.5% seems to have a much larger voice than the 95.5% who didn't idle.

Oh and here's some extent on the case of how much the communities split at the moment.

If I dont see a halo on you..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and I'm on your team...

-I will not heal you
-I will not put you out
-I will not remove sappers from your buildings
-I will not spy check when a spy saps your buildings

And if I'm not on your team....

-I will back stab you first
-I will always aim for you with my huntsman
-I will make it my first priority to dominate you

You didnt need to use the idler, but if you did, I assume you are a uptight little punk who wants to say "Look how above you I am, for I have a hat, and you are impure and do not deserve to play they game." And for that, I show no mercy.

tl/dr; I'm going to be an ♥♥♥ to people without halos on.

Idlers didn't create this conflict. Valve and every single player did. The fact players can get so uptight about FUCKING HATS is just wrong. It's almost sickening. I, as a WoW player, have seen some pretty fucked up shit. But this? This tops EVERYTHING I have EVER SEEN on the World of Warcraft Forums.

I'm not fucking kidding. Team Fortress 2's forums are ACTUALLY WORSE THAN WOW'S. I never thought I'd ever say that but there you have it. Idlers think they're better than everyone else for having cool shit first, and non-idlers think they're better for not idling.

I'd love to get them all in a big group, stand up on a stage and yell a big FUCK YOU to every one of them. None of them are better than the rest. No, I didn't idle, so what? It's a bunch of fucking hats. Big fucking whoop. In saying that, even if I had idled so what? Doesn't make me better than you, and it doesn't make you better than me.

Overall, I still blame Valve. Because they knew the reception of the drop system. They knew players hated it. And when they released hats they knew that reception too: People LOVED them. They fucking LOVED them. People WANTED those hats but COULD NOT get them, because of their broken drop system. It was only a matter of time before someone "cheated" (term used loosely, I don't consider it cheating if there were no rules against it).

This is why I'd fucking love to go into game design. Not because I'd be good at it, but because I'd like to get high up and smack these fucktards upside the head with a steel chair.
Last edited by Mr. Tastix on Thu Sep 03, 09 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby James » Thu Sep 03, 09 5:42 pm

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Baleout » Thu Sep 03, 09 5:50 pm

Hey guys wassup I heard something about hats was going on.
Baleout
Master

Postby Siva » Thu Sep 03, 09 6:52 pm

anyone who gives a shit about idlers or idling is a fag
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 6:55 pm

By posting here you do care, to some extent.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Siva » Thu Sep 03, 09 6:58 pm

i suppose i do, guess were all fags then huh!

so, if I posted i dont give a shit then i give a shit

whoa
//..
Siva

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 7:01 pm

My sarcasm shield blocks your sarcasm.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Siva » Thu Sep 03, 09 7:04 pm

doesnt matter i have a +4STR +4STAM leather belt fgt u cnt block me
//..
Siva

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Thu Sep 03, 09 7:32 pm

TF2 sucks. Slap me for it.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 7:34 pm

Protocol wrote:doesnt matter i have a +4STR +4STAM leather belt fgt u cnt block me

JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Siva » Thu Sep 03, 09 8:49 pm

but dere music sux
//..
Siva

Postby Bob » Fri Sep 04, 09 12:24 am

Since when do you get items on TF2?
Bob
Forum God

Postby Siva » Fri Sep 04, 09 2:19 am

About 2..3? years ago.
//..
Siva

Postby Bob » Fri Sep 04, 09 3:29 am

Damn, it's been a while.
Bob
Forum God

Postby James » Fri Sep 04, 09 7:27 am

http://cad-comic.com/news.php?i=1924

Why is Tim Buckley such a drama seeking twat?

James Nikolas Robinson
to tim@cad-comic.com
date Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 7:20 AM
subject "But Valve never told us that idling was frowned upon."

They even said that they had never made it a policy until after September the 2nd. They could have kept players happy if they just put up the message in the inventory and said "This account has been flagged for external use of" blah blah blah but instead of deleting the items they've gained, they should have said "further use would be banned" and left it at that. As for the halo, my God that's silly. Just give them a random hat. You may not have noticed people have been very pretentious about it (with and without the halo). Some who cheated refuse to co-operate with halos and those who didn't cheat refuse to co-operate with those without Halos...? Valve should have gave everyone a random hat, the Halo isn't special because now 95% have it (including me on another account) which is absolutely silly, you must agree?

Valve have torn apart their game and idlers pissed on it to try and gain immortal vainity through the schism. I've only received 1 legit hat through the traditional method, the pyro beanie! I was really happy but I've lost Ye Olde Baker Boy (New Yorker/Irish hat, fantastic) and hatless sniper hat (lol) using the idler program only for the last 2 weeks... so I'm a tiny bit upset that some guy with a halo won't heal my pyro despite having a hat, a normal hat I actually wasted my life inside a videogame for. They idled because they LOVED the hats Valve made so much they attempted breaking the slow method with something that isn't against ToS at the time. They didn't have time to play all day so they left it on before they went to work or whatever they do away from the void of the internet.

And please don't compare crime to cheating on a videogame where it wasn't valid in the terms of service at the time, that's like arresting someone for having sex in the past because it's banned in the future.

p.s you could have said what you said in 3 paragraphs.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Siva » Fri Sep 04, 09 12:16 pm

I don't get why anyone cares

you idled for a hat
you lost the hats because valve sed so

unless u like to pub with extreme fags no-one cares about ur halo
//..
Siva

PreviousNext