R.A.T. 7

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Aidan » Wed Feb 09, 11 12:05 am

Optical mice arn't capable of 5000 dpi let alone 4000 dpi. I'm amused by how much you guys get worked up/care about this.

Laser is newer. Optical is older.

Laser is a tad more precise, but nothing noticeable at all. 5600 dpi is unnecessary, yes I know.

The rat7 isn't the MOST comfortable, but is fully adjustable and performs the same as any other god damn mouse out there.

Now. Go ramble on about rat7 is shit, etc. Aiden isn't going to get away with this, etc. Then click submit with your optical mouse.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Wed Feb 09, 11 12:07 am

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Feb 09, 11 12:33 am

Well I sure wasn't expecting a post like that from James.

James never makes posts like that.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Wed Feb 09, 11 12:34 am

James always posts quickly without thinking and sounds smarter than Aidan.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Feb 09, 11 12:36 am

If you didn't think, you couldn't post.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Wed Feb 09, 11 12:38 am

You seriously think I have the conception of thinking other than to mock really bad purchase items?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Feb 09, 11 12:40 am

Not a bad purchase if I enjoy it.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Wed Feb 09, 11 12:49 am

IT'S BAD ANALOGY TIME:

That's like saying I paid $50 more for a seat ticket instead of a standing ticket at a gig. There's no real reason why you've chosen this as your preference but you think of all the extra stuff that goes with it like you always know where you'd be and you're able to rest or what have you.

"I can still see the gig", ignorance says "It's exactly the same as everyone else!", and of course, course it will be the same gig. They will be able to see it too like you, but differently and they're able to get more involved than yourself, because of the limitations you have for what you wrongly see as quality.

This doesn't actually happen at concerts because the standing tickets are sometimes more expensive, but when it applies the limited standing seats, they're undoubtedly better.

The reason why this is a bad analogy is because those are limited, getting a better (and cheaper) mouse is not.

edit: thanks bale you repaired my bad analogy
Last edited by James on Wed Feb 09, 11 8:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Feb 09, 11 1:08 am

Price wasn't an issue with purchasing my mouse. It performs the exact same as any other mouse. I enjoy the customization, little features, and the mouse overall.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Wed Feb 09, 11 1:15 am

Aidan wrote:Price wasn't an issue with purchasing my mouse. It performs the exact same as any other mouse.

More bluntly: No it doesn't. It's an okay mouse but the money does not warrant an okay mouse when cheaper mice perform much better than it.
Last edited by James on Wed Feb 09, 11 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Feb 09, 11 1:20 am

I have a lot of mice that perform the exact same as each other.

Now James. What do you mean by "performance" wise exactly?

Are you talking about responsiveness? Functionality?
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Wed Feb 09, 11 1:53 am

Right brother went on a crying spree because he was literally eating a loaf in bread and the house stunk of ham so he went on a crying fit and took his 21 stone arse downstairs and turned electricity off. Sadly this post I'm trying to re-create will lose all effort but if you still don't get the point then Damn, get a fucking brain.

Do you have a lot of mice that are exactly the same?, such a typical ignorant statement.

Of course I am, there's also other specifications I've been previously highlighting which may or may not be relevant (absurdly high DPI) and stuff I haven't mentioned such as software (madkatz lmao) and the physical design of a mouse.

I would highly stress the design of the mouse itself is quite possibly the most important part. They're held in very high regard because of the way they're shaped to fit your hand comfortably, the placement of the buttons and the weight. I'm sure you're instantly going to say "My mouse has weight plates for it!!!!!!!" Holy shit does it?!, problem is, these better mice don't have any of that, their overall design is simply superior to the R.A.T7 in every single way.

You can list flaws with everything, here's the best mouse's (Xai) flaw: it's two buttons on the right side are a little sensitive and can be clicked easily. This is remedied by software to either disable them or use profiles for when it launches a game, they're disabled. That's literally it's only flaw other than time when better mice are released and the personal feel from the user and if they find a better alternative suited for them.
The R.A.T7 is teeming with criticism about it's customisability and adjustments because they realise it is only like that to be eye candy to simpletons who don't know any better.

Here's some home work:
Look up the 5 mice and research their specifications, all the reviews and even have a look at pretty pictures of the design of those mouses and compare every single one to the RAT7 and tell me how they do against it, and tell me the re-occurring themes with their design.
Hints: Xai, Ikari, MX518, G5, Deathadder.

--------------------------------------

Though honestly, it's painfully obvious you've got a bit of dough. I bet many people would agree with me you're just getting the most expensive or new things you can find and just buying them for the sake of buying them. I've spoken to anonymous people from the forum about this subject, they agree with this assumption. In short as much as this entire thread derail has been dedicated to mock you and this stupid mouse it has also been here to aid you in making a better decision. While you may stress that you're perfectly fine with what you've got, you're simply plain wrong.

edit: I'm completely right about that because of the trend of threads you make + the alienware thread years back
Last edited by James on Wed Feb 09, 11 8:23 am, edited 11 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Feb 09, 11 6:43 am

See James, It's post such as that, I like from you. It's annoying when it's a post cluttered in useless garbage/mockery. Although, I can agree it would be funny (especially since yourself and clix had a whole cyborg joke going). It's a pain in the ass when you have to ctrl+F to find useful information.

Maybe when my new rig is built (whenever this damned P67 recall is over), I'll look into buying a better mouse. I'll probably still go with laser though.

Thanks.
Last edited by Aidan on Wed Feb 09, 11 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Wed Feb 09, 11 8:08 am

Wow. You know what?, this is unbelievable. Nothing to say + non-sensual ctrl+f rag. heheh find heheh find hehehehehehehe it would have made sense if you knew where the useful information was and just typed it in...but looks like... u dnt no????

The thing is, it's not just me and Clix who are laughing at it, it's pretty much all users that have seen this thread who are aware and unaware of what it is. I've pretty much tried to help as I thought you only just purchased the mouse, but nope, I'VE GOT TO USE IT IT'S MINE PERFECTLY FINE NOTHING WRONG PERFORMS JUST AS WELL AS OTHER MICE.

Also laser?, what the flying fuck?, I didn't go on about laser mice that was someone else. Please follow the conversation instead of being "NO!, BAD MICE, PRECIOUS.".
Last edited by James on Wed Feb 09, 11 8:29 am, edited 11 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Siva » Wed Feb 09, 11 9:54 am

sage
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby James » Wed Feb 09, 11 12:46 pm

FYI about my previous post. I was/am frustrated as the post previous to that and my original post were extremely similar, also conveying the same reasoning junctioned between a sandwich of insults That's why I found it unbelievable, the entire thread should have ended at my first reply. If that was true it would have prevented any following argument that followed at the expense of other users.

But where's the fun In that?
Last edited by James on Wed Feb 09, 11 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Wed Feb 09, 11 6:46 pm

The mouse I use at work has a roller ball still. Does the job.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Feb 09, 11 6:55 pm

o lolol fucking roller balls man. glad we moved from them
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Feb 09, 11 9:59 pm

This forum is pretty well the only community that is laughing at the rat7.

No. Your first comment was absurd/offensive. If you would spend time conveying a polite and constructive point rather than trying to be an asshole, maybe I would take to it.

OR

You could just ignore my post and not waste your time on something that obviously isn't working.
Last edited by Aidan on Wed Feb 09, 11 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Wed Feb 09, 11 10:06 pm

Aidan wrote: You're
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Feb 09, 11 10:14 pm

So now you're pointing out a grammatical error.

Also, point proven.
Last edited by Aidan on Wed Feb 09, 11 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Wed Feb 09, 11 11:09 pm

Code: Select all
10:05 PM - Surprise!: that guy with the rat7 actually thinks dxalpha is the only forum (and only place) that shits on it
10:06 PM - Surprise!: IT'S MY MOUSE IT'S LIKE OTHER MICE IT'S COMPLETELY NORMAL IT'S LIKE EVERY OTHER MICE
10:07 PM - Tinker: except it's fucking expensive
10:07 PM - Tinker: and weird
10:07 PM - Tinker: and shit
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Thu Feb 10, 11 6:05 am

Logitech G9x worth it?
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Thu Feb 10, 11 8:36 am

Jesus Christ you're hopeless. If you want a laser mouse desperately get the bloody xai or ikari. Not these bad mice with shit design. THE G9 suffers from a shit grip.

If you paid attention the best logitech mice (mx518, g5), there's a steelseries twin couple that take from the unbeaten design of those near perfect mice... fuck and they've got lasers too... ding ding ding it's the xai and ikari!!

Seriously do you need a mouse that looks cool and has the lazerz? Fuck me. Wish I built a pc for minecraft

edit: ps the re-occurring design is the curves, although they're different on the 5 mouses they share the same concept for your thumbs and the buttons, even if you hold it like a spazgamer420 like Clix.

deathadder, definitelynotdeathaddersc2nametiein diamondback (ty tant), xai, ikari, g5, g7 (shit mouse though), mx518 and plenty of mice share it for a reason
Last edited by James on Thu Feb 10, 11 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Thu Feb 10, 11 10:27 pm

I know I'm hopeless. I thought I already explained that.

I looked into both the xai and ikari. It's looking like ikari is for me.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Thu Feb 10, 11 10:36 pm

want to see a magic trick

thread locked

edit: CLIX IS A DICK
OBVIOUSLY THIS IS GOING TO END IN TEARS
Last edited by James on Fri Feb 11, 11 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Fri Feb 11, 11 6:14 am

James wrote:want to see a magic trick

thread locked

clixpreventingjamesfromrunningawayfromshit.gif

-and no. Your magic tricks are far worse than mine. I was even able to succeed at increasing alpha's post count by one more than prior.

You can't even abuse your mod abilities :lol:

I do respect the fact that you didn't erase your whole post, thus allowing me to type this all.
Last edited by Aidan on Fri Feb 11, 11 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Siva » Fri Feb 11, 11 6:53 am

FYI My mouse is some trust piece of shit that I took from some girls house

I still rape niggas on quake with it
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Aidan » Fri Feb 11, 11 6:58 am

Protocol wrote:FYI My mouse is some trust piece of shit that I took from some girls house

I still rape [racism, warn] on quake with it

My hero right here.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Fri Feb 11, 11 8:04 am

Aidan wrote:
James wrote:want to see a magic trick

thread locked

clixpreventingjamesfromrunningawayfromshit.gif

-and no. Your magic tricks are far worse than mine. I was even able to succeed at increasing alpha's post count by one more than prior.

You can't even abuse your mod abilities :lol:

I do respect the fact that you didn't erase your whole post, thus allowing me to type this all.

I'm sure Clix thinks this thread is funny, also, I'm not a mod but I could have deleted the post, I didn't, because I thought it was funny for everyone to see me fall flat on my face. I've also only been able to delete my posts again lately since the fun I had months back about my post count.

As for the mod abuse, wow, don't be stupid. Also I'm going to clarify the only two bad things I've done on this forum was delete Jeoh's account and give Klop permissions to a forum, make this 3 because you've got an obsession with it. (Surely there's a mass of problems which mostly extended off the forum and the final straw, but in reality those were the only two that were truly bad)

There, now you've for a reason to feel you're being bullied and picked on and actually viable to get me disciplined for it. Then again, it's just a day warning.
Last edited by James on Fri Feb 11, 11 12:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming and Technology