Genuine question on PC vs Console

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Poor » Mon Jul 11, 11 7:39 pm

Isn't cheating common on PC games? I always hear people complaining about aimbots.
Poor
Poster

Postby James » Mon Jul 11, 11 7:46 pm

I've met more modders on 360, who remain unpunished, than I've met on my PC.

GTA4 is full of them for 360.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Mon Jul 11, 11 8:51 pm

or 1=1 wrote:
Aidan wrote:play some generic fps on splitscreen

Now that I think to it, I never played splitscreen on pc apart some racing games where my mate was using joystick and I had keyboard.

Also, console exclusives? Halo, Killzone etc

PC's arent really meant for split screen. Which is where consoles DO come in handy for house guests/friends, but that is all.

Yeah. Every console has their exclusives, as well as PC. Theres nothing anyone can do about that, other than emulation down the road. I wouldn't even really call most 360 exclusives, to actually be 'exclusive' as the majority are also made for windows. So I download the 'exclusive' game for PC, and play with my ps3 controller lol.

I really dont find most exclusive games worth dropping hundreds on a console. This is why I'll buy one console for a low price, and mainly use it for playing with company via splitscreen.

Poor,

For example.. I was playing tf2 some weeks ago.
There was someone speedhacking. This lasted 5 mins, then Valve permabaned him from steam and closed his account. Valve generally has 0-tolerance for cheaters. Other game publishers are generally the same these days with their servers.

Getting away with cheating on PC games certainly isn't easy anymore.
Last edited by Aidan on Mon Jul 11, 11 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Previous

Return to Gaming and Technology