Souls (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, 2, 3 and Bloodborne)

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Re: Souls (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, 2, 3 and BloodBorne)

Postby Kaiden » Mon Apr 11, 16 4:30 pm

DS3 launching 12am tonight across Europe it looks like.

It looks a lot easier to play with friends on this, placing summon signs with passwords means everyone can see them, and you get scaled down to the hosts level. So if anyone gets stuck and is on PC I can help! (once I get leveled myself lol)
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Sun Aug 07, 16 9:04 am

tfw no bloodborne

tfw
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Sun Aug 07, 16 10:21 am

429 DS2, only 80 DS3. Bloodborne is PS3 exclusive isn't it? Heard it was probably the best though.

I liked DS3, but I thought some things were done poorly, and PvP wasn't great in it, at least from a caster's stand point. Then they go nerfing caster damage :(

DS2 I played loads until they nerfed casting speed into the ground, was a shame.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Sun Aug 07, 16 2:29 pm

it's ps4 exclusive and it's definitely the best mechanics and old hunters cements it as best level design.

das3 is miles better than das2. i see myself spending as much as i did in das1.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Mon Aug 08, 16 12:49 pm

Yeah DS3 seems better than 2 in a lot of ways, but I just want to play a caster, and these games really don't want you to D: I get magic is there to back up your melee style but still, with some basic changes magic could be a lot more viable.

I played a few thousand duels in DS2, but struggled to bring myself to play after they nerfed magic so heavily.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Tue Aug 09, 16 2:30 pm

Sorceries still broken PVE, great arrow and great heavy arrow are still stupidly strong. But this will require candlestick and looking like a princess like in DaS1, I wish they would stop putting properties like this on armour and leave it to weapons.
Experienced players will own you in duels but magic is still lame and one shots you in cluster fuck of invasions. CSS and Great Arrow piss me off.

Pyromancy is still good.

I really like that new gnaw miracle, a bleed projectile is something I always wanted and it's low cost. It's a good pressure spell with the branch chime that makes animations faster.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Wed Aug 10, 16 11:41 pm

Oh yeah in PvE sorcery is great, as soon as I had enough ashen flasks and hidden body I don't think I really died at all outside of boss fights (and maybe falling off the odd edge).

Magic is great in the massive fights, played with 2 others in Farron woods where you'd get 3-4 invaders come in, was great fun and pretty chaotic. The good players would know to tunnel me, but if I was left alone i'd just spam 900-1k damage CSS's at people with candlestick (now nerfed to 12%).

Agreed on armour. In DS2 I looked awful with lionmage haste robes. In DS3 I look awful with candlestick and dusk crown. Either remove entirely or add plenty of alternatives.

1vs1 magic wasn't really happening though, too slow to land on a decent player, average players I could generally beat eventually, but they'd have 15 estus flasks and I'd have 7 due to the weird flask rule of ashen/estus split.

The DS2 lightning spear nerfs I agree with, I basically just walked into every boss, did 5-9 lightning spears then moved onto next one, didn't need to learn any mechanics lol. But after those nerfs they nerfed CSS cast speed, and the +2 haste ring on top by a significant amount, and after that people just weren't getting hit by spells anymore. I was 480/500 wins off rank 3 blue sentinels when the nerfs came in, farming those last 20 wasn't fun. Stopped playing after.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Tue Aug 23, 16 9:01 am

DLC announcement should be tomorrow. Kaiden co-op DaS3 with me!!!
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Tue Aug 23, 16 3:28 pm

Sounds like it's a snow area, pretty cool. And it's PvP focused, could be why they left the arena out, so the could add it as DLC later. I got the Season Pass with release, so interested to see how it plays out, but not released until October.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Tue Aug 23, 16 3:49 pm

it's not pvp focused there's only arena. mistranslation 2 hours ago.

it's snow area with cyromancy tho wew lads.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Mon Sep 19, 16 3:46 pm

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Tue Sep 20, 16 1:37 pm

Looks interesting, although not familiar with the card game expansion. Getting plenty of views and subs though!
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Previous

Return to Gaming and Technology