What videogames are you looking forward to?

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Re: What videogames are you looking forward to?

Postby Psychotic » Sat Jun 14, 14 1:09 pm

"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Alex » Tue Jun 17, 14 7:00 pm

Still looking forward to H1Z1, also GTA V for PC really, as TF2 is starting to bore me (I notice I get more and more annoyed when I'm losing..)
Alex
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Mon Jun 22, 15 8:46 pm

New Hitman has potential, return to Blood Money-style has me interested. Didn't really enjoy Absolution and the devs are pretty keen to go back to the older games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k

Still looking forward to H1Z1

Played like 200 hours of this, was actually pretty fun, very KoS environment again though. Some issues but it works for the most part.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Tue Jul 07, 15 5:52 pm

With witcher 3 out and long finished the list of games I'd like to look forward to has grown depressingly small. Cyberpunk 2077, FO4, ME4, new DX thatll hopefully be better than HR. Unannounced TES6 too, I guess. Sort of hoping for some decent mods for W3 but we'll see. DA3 was utter shite again.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Tue Jul 07, 15 10:00 pm

LISA The Joyful DLC
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Wed Jul 08, 15 1:17 pm

synthetic wrote:DA3 was utter shite again.

After the abomination that was DA2 is anyone surprised?

I was actually hoping DA3 would keep DA2's fast-paced combat but it didn't. Instead it made it really fucking slow, slower than DA:O even, because apparently people are snails.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby synthetic » Sat Aug 08, 15 8:59 am

My main grief with DA3 wasn't even necessarily its combat, but the whole "zap the sky" deal combined with completely pointless-feeling strategy map thing. It brought some interesting/good ideas but failed to deliver. In retrospective, it felt like playing a lot of very small flash games instead of enjoying a continuous storyline. The initial price for a bundle of flash games was bloody hilarious.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Psychotic » Sun Aug 09, 15 2:34 am

Basically it tried to be Skyrim but ended up feeling more like an Assassin's Creed collect-a-thon.

I don't know it is about Skyrim that keeps me coming back but it's not true of The Witcher 3 (which I loved) or Dragon Age 3 (which was meh).

In saying this, I do get the same feeling from Far Cry 3/4 and love playing those games over and over.
Psychotic
Master

Postby synthetic » Wed Aug 12, 15 6:56 pm

I guess Skyrim is a bit more of a sandbox feeling world, whereas even as a somewhat open-world game witcher 3 still guides you around its content. I did play Skyrim few runs in a row, whereas I only once completed w3 and 2nd run is coming along extremely slowly (play a bit once a month or less). Starting 2nd run at least helped cope with the blues :mrgreen:
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Psychotic » Thu Aug 13, 15 3:20 am

I'm looking forward to replaying TW3 once they add NG+. I actually want to 100% the game but couldn't be bothered doing it until all the "free DLC" bullcrap was added.

Another open-world game I can seemingly play for hours is Grand Theft Auto, and I feel that has less to actually do than Skyrim. At least in the sense of things you can pick off the map and go to.
Psychotic
Master

Postby synthetic » Tue Sep 29, 15 5:02 am

Bought The Repopulation alpha release and really looking forward to its actual release now. I never did get to play SWG and so far its looking to be really fun. But I think at this point it is mostly about its potential rather than actual content.
Given the sandbox aims of the game they can easily skip a lot of typical content and instead keep building upon its promise and update the players with additional frameworks now and then.
The tutorial area alone is worth days of actual playing content, although I notice it reasonably begins to limit stuff you can farm there.
The no levels thing is also surprisingly refreshing approach, because through other mechanics - mainly massive load of skills that mostly raise through use, but not only - it pretty much still accomplishes the same gameplay as seen in other mmos.

They seem to invest more work into social activities and pvp so far and less into killing monsters, but seeing how they work closely with the community I feel quite reassured about their direction.

I suppose a game should not only be evaluated from ones own personal entertainment point of view but also how it weighs against the other competing games, and with very large titles all failing to deliver quality entertainment to the player for many years now, I don't really see like I have an actual choice were I to try another such online game out. One game with heap of potential is better than an endless row of major titles that just want to get the money from little kids and rednecks. From that angle, it is actually quite fun to read the Repop patch notes and announcements. They make adjustments carefully, anticipating balancing issues. For example now they are aiming to get siege pvp cover most or all player structures, but seem quite aware that things are probably not going to work out as intended. :D
synthetic
Forum Hero

Previous

Return to Gaming and Technology