What videogames are you looking forward to?

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby James » Sat Mar 10, 12 8:20 pm

I think the Nintendo DS was my favourite console this generation simply because of the selection of games and the fact I also had a flash cart, yes the homebrew scene is great.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Fri Apr 06, 12 7:46 am

"Nintendo 3DS outselling four Sony devices in Japan, now has 65 percent of the market http://engt.co/I1GUlP"

lol
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Fri Apr 06, 12 7:49 am

James wrote:I think the Nintendo DS was my favourite console this generation simply because of the selection of games and the fact I also had a flash cart, yes the homebrew scene is great.

Goddamn right it is. Biggest upside for my DS.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Tantalus » Fri Apr 06, 12 10:40 am

Downsides: shovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwareshovelwares

Controls sometimes require three arms.
Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Aidan » Fri Apr 06, 12 8:45 pm

I'm looking Forward to Half Life 3.

All I care about atm.
Last edited by Aidan on Fri Apr 06, 12 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Psychotic » Fri Apr 06, 12 9:24 pm

Don't expect it in your lifetime.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby James » Fri Apr 06, 12 9:32 pm

I was recently listening to the PC Gamer podcast and a member of their staff pretty much re-iliterated my earlier post in this thread to 1=1. Being excited to the sequel to a mediocre shooter for its time with dated physics puzzles is strange, but a new Valve engine is great for their other IPs. The prospect of such engines screams a new Counterstrike, Team Fortress or whatever on that bad boy.
Last edited by James on Sat Apr 07, 12 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Sat Apr 07, 12 5:19 am

The difference between something like Half-Life and Counter-Strike is that people don't need closure with Counter-Strike. You go in, kill some shit, and walk out satisfied.

With the former: You go in, kill shit, walk out wondering what the fuck just happened and why this one prick keeps showing up and won't just leave you the hell alone.

I'm still of the belief that Valve didn't expect such a huge response from the game, so they never bothered to write an ending. The problem now is that now that people want one it'll most likely become a "Duke Nukem Forever", where they'll stall for 10+ years (it's almost hitting that now) and because they waited too long the ending will never be what people wanted.

So if HL3 is ever released, expect another ME3 in regards to storyline and another DNF for gameplay.
Last edited by Psychotic on Sat Apr 07, 12 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Aidan » Sat Apr 07, 12 7:22 am

Magniir wrote:The difference between something like Half-Life and Counter-Strike is that people don't need closure with Counter-Strike. You go in, kill some shit, and walk out satisfied.

With the former: You go in, kill shit, walk out wondering what the fuck just happened and why this one prick keeps showing up and won't just leave you the hell alone.

I'm still of the belief that Valve didn't expect such a huge response from the game, so they never bothered to write an ending. The problem now is that now that people want one it'll most likely become a "Duke Nukem Forever", where they'll stall for 10+ years (it's almost hitting that now) and because they waited too long the ending will never be what people wanted.

So if HL3 is ever released, expect another ME3 in regards to storyline and another DNF for gameplay.

Ya Mag, I think you're right m8.

I really hope they have a lot in mind for it. I mean, who knows, even if they didn't make an ending... There is usually a way to finish a story in detail and sense. Let's just hope Valve can pull it off if that's the case.

What I liked about HL was the story line. It was cool and different when the first came out. The second felt surreal, bizarre, and introduced cool weapons such as the gravity gun, and plasma particle rifle. Valve are really innovative (NOT ON EVERYTHING, but on most details other developers neglect). Oh yeah.. and the engine is cool too...............
Last edited by Aidan on Sat Apr 07, 12 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Sat Apr 07, 12 8:36 am

I would honestly have a Team Fortress 3 or Left 4 Dead 3 before a Half Life 3.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Siva » Sat Apr 07, 12 2:30 pm

James wrote:I would honestly have a Team Fortress 3 or Left 4 Dead 3 before a Half Life 3.

Heresy

Half Life has left me on a knife edge for a very long time, I don't even want Half Life 3 any more, I need it. I agree to an extent with Mag to an extent, it is somewhat like the DNF scenario. The difference is, you actually know Valve are working on it. They've been working on it for some time, and even if the ending isn't the best ending in video game history, I know it won't be nearly as bad as DNF or ME3's ending -- I'd bet my house on it.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby James » Sat Apr 07, 12 2:41 pm

Protocol wrote:Heresy

Half Life 2 will always be a disappointment for me, and I've always said that I prefer their other IPs.
Last edited by James on Sat Apr 07, 12 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Siva » Sat Apr 07, 12 2:47 pm

James wrote:
Protocol wrote:Heresy

Half Life 2 will always be a disappoint for me, and I've always said that I prefer their other IPs.

Yo I respect that, I said heresy more as a jo-- why am I explaining this you already know it
//..
Siva

Postby James » Sat Apr 07, 12 2:51 pm

I had just woke up and typo'ed disappointment as disappoint.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Thu Apr 19, 12 2:18 pm

New God Of War announced today, another damn prequel, fed up of GOW prequels, Kratos backstory is pretty much as filled out as anyone wants it.
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Wed Apr 25, 12 11:43 pm

RIP Stalker 2.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Wed Apr 25, 12 11:52 pm

Sold to Bethesda. Damn.

Edit: Or maybe not?
Last edited by clyzm on Wed Apr 25, 12 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby ynnaD » Tue Jul 24, 12 9:56 am

I've pre-ordered Bordelands 2, along with 3 friends

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Siva » Tue Jul 24, 12 11:21 am

ynnaD wrote:I've pre-ordered Bordelands 2, along with 3 friends

I wanted to, but had to reign myself in

I already preordered Torchlight 2, more than one pre-order is just suffering
//..
Siva

Postby Allan » Tue Jul 24, 12 1:14 pm

I'mma preordering Borderlands 2, when I get some Johnny in my account. :(
Allan
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Tue Jul 24, 12 1:26 pm

Borderlaaaaaaaands 2.

A friend and I are going to own the shit out of that game.
Psychotic
Master

Postby ynnaD » Tue Jul 24, 12 4:11 pm

Seen an article recently saying it was gonna be at least 52 hours long, without exploring or sidequests .

Dayummmmmmmmmmmmm

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Wed Nov 21, 12 6:56 pm

oh man far cry 3 is good
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Tantalus » Wed Nov 21, 12 7:17 pm

I was expecting nothing but youth marketing.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Wed Nov 21, 12 7:39 pm

about bl2 or far cry 3 because far cry 3 is pretty much what far cry 2 should have been
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Tantalus » Wed Nov 21, 12 7:55 pm

James wrote:about bl2 or far cry 3 because far cry 3 is pretty much what far cry 2 should have been

Far Cry 3, the trailer had me convinced it was trying for a reboot or something.

I can see that too, it looks interesting.
Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Aidan » Thu Nov 22, 12 12:11 am

Is there, or is there not dubstep action music. I need to know.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Fri Apr 04, 14 12:32 pm

Dark Souls 2 and The Evil Within.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Fri Apr 04, 14 4:15 pm

Dark Souls 2 and The Witcher 3. So deeply saddened that The Witcher 3 had it's released push back but damn am I excited for DkS2.
Psychotic
Master

Re: What videogames are you looking forward to?

Postby synthetic » Sat Jun 14, 14 11:13 am

I haven't really had the habit of keeping up with video leaks and trailers for upcoming games, but decided to check some material out for some of the games I'm really looking forward to.

Dragon Age 3 or Dragon Age: Inquisition

I am not preordering anything so I can only have good hopes and some excitement for this game. If it turns out as bad as the second, then so be it. The information released so far seems very promising. I liked the way the game looked, although I'll have to experience first hand what to think about the party management in combat. DA1 had a story and environment that captivated me enough to have high hopes for this one :) If it fails, I play something else *shrug*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYdE4kONvFE

Mass Effect 4

Very little information has been released, as most here know, but it sounds very good so far. It is practically guaranteed that it'll *look* good, but at this point its impossible to say if the story and gameplay itself will suck or not. I loved the first trilogy, so having very high hopes for it. The map music was enough to get me soft about this yet unnamed title.
Compared to DA3, the chances that it'll suck are a bit higher, but perhaps they'll adjust it depending on DA3 feedback. After all, if they fail us, they fail themselves. If ME3, DA2 style games keep being released by Bioware, they might as well file for bankruptcy soon, and I think they are aware of that. High hopes, its ME after all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VahXsFfidEw

Alien: Isolation

Now, because of combined experience from AvP1 and AvP2 I decided to try Colonial Marines, and its one of the few games that I've uninstalled after barely an hour or two into the gameplay. Footage for A:I along with promising feedback raised this title to my mental waiting list. I have mixed feelings about playing hide and seek with that single alien, but its 50/50 whether it'll suck or be quite damn amazing experience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x94IQm3ym7U#t=322

Witcher 3

Well, there is not a single other game I have as high hopes or this much anticipation for. If it succeeds, it'll be 10x better than anything else, and if it fails it's probably still just as good as competing titles. I couldn't stomach Witcher 1 battle mechanics, but Witcher 2 was one of the greatest gaming experience of the decade for me, if not #1 in my list. From the trailer the environment, music, combat looks delightfully familiar, but as nothing is set in stone, we wait and see what it turns out to be upon release and first patches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVXw-NLTw

Will be watching the thread and game news for additional titles to have some excitement for. Reserving some interest for the announced, new Hitman game. If it follows in the footsteps the first two-three games at all, then I'll be playing it.

Previously, I was really looking forward to TES:O. Now it's safe to say that it sucks major balls. Shit happens, and all the more time to play better games.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming and Technology