Silent Hill: Book of Memories

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Silent Hill: Book of Memories

Postby James » Tue Nov 01, 11 8:05 am

:(

Last edited by James on Tue Nov 01, 11 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Wed Nov 09, 11 11:52 am

Silent Hill used to be amazing, so atmospheric and eerie.

Now look at it.
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Wed Nov 09, 11 11:56 am

Team Silent got bored after SH3, Konami milked it. I still think SH4 is a masterpiece and was great with Akira's direction.

Now that the new games don't even have Akira Yamaoka composing the sound and music, what is the point?, there's no traces of Silent Hill in the series at all anymore.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Gishank » Wed Nov 09, 11 1:21 pm

Indeed, I agree SH lost it's way after number 3. I personally never played 4 yet I did play Homecoming (which despite not being excellent was still an enjoyable experience).
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Wed Nov 09, 11 1:24 pm

Silent Hill: The Room was panned for not being a Silent Hill in gameplay, but the direction was the last game directed by the remaining member of Team Silent (Akira Yamaoka) and he did a very good job. However, everyone and their aunt knows that Silent Hill: The Room started life titled simply The Room, Konami wanted it to have Silent Hill on it as it is their 'horror' brand.

Homecoming has great elements I completely welcome to the experience of the traditional Silent Hill game but their direction with the story and design were very lacking. I don't think Silent Hill will ever recover from this slump, and it is best we look forward to a new AAA horror series that we might see one day, something we've lacked for a long time.

(Amnesia and Penumbra aren't triple A)
Last edited by James on Wed Nov 09, 11 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Wed Nov 09, 11 1:26 pm

There's just no atmosphere anymore.

I remember when i played the first game all those years ago, i shook more than enough times at that game, panicking when the radio went off, wondering what the fuck was coming, PURE DARKNESS at times, and that was only the first one, 2 was outta this world, that game got into your head!!!

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Wed Nov 09, 11 1:32 pm

When I was still a teenager, I never understood why 2 wasn't directly connected to the plot of the cult like 1, 3 and 4 were.

I grew up.

Silent Hill 2 is a masterpiece and I hold it at the highest regard with Deus Ex as the joint definition of a videogame should be. It is because it stands out and it is completely on its own two feet. The story is amazing, the gameplay is stelar, the atmosphere is incredible and the monsters are horrifying. The game looks absolutely beautiful 10 years on!, compare the graphics of Silent Hill 2 to Heavy Rain, look at that God Damn detail this generation has lacked to an early PS2 game! Don't get me started on that amazing music.

Silent Hill 2 seems to have improved everything from Silent Hill, a perfect sequel that barely has anything to do with it other than the town, Silent Hill itself. Silent Hill 2 is a game and it is art, nothing will stand in my way of that opinion.

"James honey, did something happen to you?... back when we were seperated in that long hallway?
Haha!
You were always so forgetful, remember that time in the hotel?"
Last edited by James on Thu Nov 10, 11 4:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Thu Nov 10, 11 11:07 am

Apparantly the HD version of 2 will change some voice acting, cutscenes and everything, i don't like the sound of it

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Thu Nov 10, 11 12:52 pm

"'ANYWAY'?, what d'ya mean 'ANYWAY'?!, I've NEVER been scared in my whole life! I was almost killed back there and all you care about is that dead wife of yours!"

[spoiler]SH2 still haunts me for the character of Maria/Mary to this very day. Though it was obvious, the actual reason behind Mary's murder and that Maria represents James' ideal lust for Mary is what makes the plot so chilling.[/spoiler]

Anyone familar with the hints to the above spoiler throughout the game?, there's around 2 dozen of them and that is without including what the monsters represent. Download a copy of the TRUE book of memories provided in a Silent Hill 3 game guide and re-watch the making of Silent Hill 2.

Oh and replay "Akira Yamaoka - Laura's Theme" over 500 times.

Question: Who is your favourite character in the series?
[spoiler]Mine is Silent Hill.[/spoiler]
Last edited by James on Thu Nov 10, 11 12:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Nov 23, 11 11:04 pm

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Thu Nov 24, 11 11:12 am

James wrote:http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/718612/silent-hill-2-includes-original-voice-cast-option-in-hd-collection/

YES

Pre order from me for sho now

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby ynnaD » Fri Jun 15, 12 11:18 am

I can't remember if i mentioned this already, but the HD Collection was made from incomplete versions of 2 and 3, as apparantly Konami "lost" the originals.

Probably explains why the Collection is terrible, it's been slated everywhere.

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Return to Gaming and Technology