Killing Floor

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Aidan » Sun Feb 26, 12 4:28 am

Except killing floor has 4 monsters and the same 6 weapons, and a weapon shop lady that is notorious for making sexual innuendos.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Sat Mar 03, 12 7:15 pm

Aidan wrote:Except killing floor has 4 monsters and the same 6 weapons, and a weapon shop lady that is notorious for making sexual innuendos.

Killing Floor has changed a lot since release. Give it another go, something I was reluctant to do at first a few years ago but it has a ton of content these days.
Last edited by James on Sat Mar 03, 12 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Mar 03, 12 8:14 pm

no?

KF is still basically what Aidan said, unless you buy those DLC, which I duno if they have any new zombie types and weapons or something
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Sat Mar 03, 12 8:37 pm

You couldn't be any more incorrect.

The retail version of Killing Floor was released out in 2009 with the following:
    - 5 maps
    - 9 enemies
    - Around 15 weapons, not sure
    - 6 player avatars
    - 6 classes with 6 class levels (0-5)
    - 4 difficulties
In addition, Killing Floor has since been provided with free updates offering:
    - 17 new maps
    - 1 new enemy type
    - 3 new models for all 10 enemy types for the holiday seasons, complete with their own unique voice acting
    - Around 16 new weapons, not sure
    - 1 additional class level, level 6
    - New player avatars unlocked by achievements, events or paid dlc
    - 1 new difficulty
In total, Killing Floor has:
    - 22 maps
    - 40 enemies, 10 types
    - 31 weapons, plus 3 can be used akimbo
    - 6 classes with 7 levels (0-6)
    - 38 player avatars
    - 5 difficulties
Killing Floor also contains a wide choice of white listed maps and mutator support to allow you to level on the community's custom creations.

Addendum

Tripwire have offered a great free content service with Killing Floor with a smart business plan. Alongside the updates and STEAM discounted deals, Tripwire released cosmetic player avatar DLC alongside these updates which are/were typically priced at a dollar or two each. These encourage the player to spend as a cheap incentive to those who'd to show Tripwire gratification for these updates. It should be used as an example for all developers, especially in this day and age of bad DLC.

To say this game has a lack of content is a very big insult to the hard work the small development team have put into it for almost 3 years.

Oddly enough I do not believe there is a Killing Floor thread, let me rectify this by splitting the posts.
Last edited by James on Sun Mar 04, 12 1:00 am, edited 12 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sun Mar 04, 12 7:37 am

In all fairness, I did forget that Tripwire is very small, so kudos to them, for creating this game.

I also did not play the game recently, and did not know they were still updating it.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Return to Gaming and Technology